Shiki's Eyes of Death Perception

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Raw
Crack Addic!

Shiki's Eyes of Death Perception

Unread post by Raw » August 22nd, 2007, 3:25 am

This is huge spoilers for everyone starting out with the game.

Also, i don't want super mumbo jumbo, just light expeculation based on what happened on Tsukihime. I don't bother reading complex explanations, because most of them are pure expeculation not based on facts. Facts people.
► Show Spoiler
Please, no super complex scientific mumbo jumbo. I hate it.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

scwintz101
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by scwintz101 » August 22nd, 2007, 6:40 am

good question

Chetyre
Addict

Unread post by Chetyre » August 22nd, 2007, 7:39 am

you should have marked spoilers in the title if you expect lots of spoils...
► Show Spoiler
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 22nd, 2007, 10:38 pm

Don't get mad, but, dieing of stress? I don't really get that. So i still defend my "trading life essence for a kill".

About Arcueid, i don't remember where, but i read something about the True Ancestors being formed by the Earth, for a specific mission, which i don't remember, or something along these lines.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

PrimarchBentley
Might just like this board

Unread post by PrimarchBentley » August 23rd, 2007, 12:04 am

I don't know how much any answer may 'satisfy' what you're looking for. In general, it seems to be 'the limiter' put on Shiki, the whole 'with great power...' spiel.

What we do know.
► Show Spoiler
As for Arc and True Ancestors
► Show Spoiler
Always remember; guide, wikis, etc. only give a framework. The depth of understanding can often be had only when you have all the details, and Nasu sure loves his obscurity at times... :lol:
W.W.N.D. - What Would Nasu Do?

Chetyre
Addict

Unread post by Chetyre » August 23rd, 2007, 12:25 am

Raw wrote:Don't get mad, but, dieing of stress? I don't really get that. So i still defend my "trading life essence for a kill".

About Arcueid, i don't remember where, but i read something about the True Ancestors being formed by the Earth, for a specific mission, which i don't remember, or something along these lines.

you know... I didn't mean stress as in the emotion, I meant stress as in forcing something to work for too long for over what it was designed to do. like how you put products under stress tests to see how much they can handle before they break
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 23rd, 2007, 4:08 am

► Show Spoiler

Chetyre
Addict

Unread post by Chetyre » August 23rd, 2007, 4:18 am

seeing is the problem, doing doesn't even require any force to be applied to it
~Fou-Lu

chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread post by chasmirror » August 25th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Raw wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Let me try to satisfy your curiosity.
► Show Spoiler

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 25th, 2007, 6:03 pm

That was a very good answer. Anyway, another topic. When he was in the hospital, seeing lines of inanimate objects didn't cause him any pain as i remember (he was still scared sh*tless). So it can be considered that as his age progresses, he feels more strain on himself when seeing death, but, here's the incognita: has his skill improved with time so that it has a greater strain in his body?, or is it that his brain has been damaged slowly as time has passed?. Or maybe both?

Ephyon
Might just like this board

Unread post by Ephyon » August 25th, 2007, 11:25 pm

Raw wrote:That was a very good answer. Anyway, another topic. When he was in the hospital, seeing lines of inanimate objects didn't cause him any pain as i remember (he was still scared sh*tless). So it can be considered that as his age progresses, he feels more strain on himself when seeing death, but, here's the incognita: has his skill improved with time so that it has a greater strain in his body?, or is it that his brain has been damaged slowly as time has passed?. Or maybe both?
Stuff he sees automatically (Not having to focus) doesn't wear him down so much. Lines on objects isn't that hard, it's when he tries to see dots that things get messy. Of course, if he's already weakened, just seeing anything at all will still give him migraine.

iclim4
Crack Addic!
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread post by iclim4 » August 26th, 2007, 3:37 am

Raw wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Chronowraith
Addict

Unread post by Chronowraith » August 26th, 2007, 4:00 am

well i think for the tree->bed question it has to do with how things are defined. the existence of the tree is dead when it becomes the bed, however the existence of the bed is very much there. therefore it is possible to kill the bed.

iclim4
Crack Addic!
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread post by iclim4 » August 26th, 2007, 4:16 am

Chronowraith wrote:well i think for the tree->bed question it has to do with how things are defined. the existence of the tree is dead when it becomes the bed, however the existence of the bed is very much there. therefore it is possible to kill the bed.
► Show Spoiler

james-skarz
Addict

Umm..

Unread post by james-skarz » August 26th, 2007, 6:27 am

I'm not sure if I can say anything (even though I have read all of Tsukihime)...but I think Shiki's a Bruce Lee case..Bruce Lee wanted perfection and pushed his body to the pinnacle of perfection but in doing so and keeping himself up with everything in his life his head just went into overdrive and killed him.

Here's further speculation:
► Show Spoiler
spoiler over. ^_^

Chronowraith
Addict

Unread post by Chronowraith » August 26th, 2007, 7:16 am

iclim4 wrote:
Chronowraith wrote:well i think for the tree->bed question it has to do with how things are defined. the existence of the tree is dead when it becomes the bed, however the existence of the bed is very much there. therefore it is possible to kill the bed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread post by chasmirror » August 27th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Okay, there seems to be a misunderstanding, and maybe I can clarify things up a bit.
► Show Spoiler

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 27th, 2007, 8:08 pm

I agree with a lot of answer here, specially with chas. But i believe there's still a very big incognita. As many have stated or questioned, when shiki kills a non living thing by cutting its lines, does this new pieces have lines themselves?

I believe that yes, in fact, when someone or some entity, as the Earth, give it a meaning of existence, it gains its lines and dots. However, differing from chas, i believe the dots don't depict the spots where life force is the weakest, because this doesn't include death in a nonliving object; therefore i believe the dots show the spots where things have the less meaning, or maybe the weakest spot, like a controversy or paradox, in its general meaning or reason to exist.

And also, as an extra thought, Kara no Kyoukai Shiki's (the girl) can obliterate thoughts and power (as i was informed), this things having an abstract existence without purpose or reason, so, her ability would something more, not just more powerful.

chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread post by chasmirror » August 28th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Raw wrote: I believe that yes, in fact, when someone or some entity, as the Earth, give it a meaning of existence, it gains its lines and dots. However, differing from chas, i believe the dots don't depict the spots where life force is the weakest, because this doesn't include death in a nonliving object; therefore i believe the dots show the spots where things have the less meaning, or maybe the weakest spot, like a controversy or paradox, in its general meaning or reason to exist.
Actually, that is not quite what I meant.
► Show Spoiler

Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Raw » August 29th, 2007, 4:42 am

► Show Spoiler
Of course, if i could see Nasu response, i would shut the hell up, and not discuss it anymore. There's still the possibility of Nasu just didn't caring enough about plot holes, but i would like to know if this is covered with cannon information, so i can rest in peace.