Background Image Files

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

The_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

Background Image Files

Unread post by The_Shadow » May 1st, 2008, 4:37 am

Right so, I want to look through the background files for Fate-Stay because its just pure win and all that, some of them would be good for making desktop backgrounds etc so thats why I want them.

I use the xp3-extract exe on the bgimage.xp3 file and while some of them get extracted only about 230mb of images out of the the ~700mb file is extracted, says it has problems with the rest of them, so I now have a folder with 230mb of .tlg files and I have no idea what that extension is so I'm not exactly sure on where to proceed from here.

I know this method SHOULD work because I did the same thing the other day with the bgmusic.xp3 to get the soundtrack for the game and all ~50 .ogg files extracted perfectly fine. Can anyone help me out with this?

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » May 1st, 2008, 9:27 am

Most of the files use non-standard japanese characters in their filenames. You might need applocale.

The_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by The_Shadow » May 1st, 2008, 1:46 pm

How exactly would that help? It's used for running programs that are in another language using the unicode to translate it, xp3-extract is run through the command prompt, unless I can run the command prompt with Applocale and xp3-extract from within that it wont help me, though the files I have extracted from the bgimage.xp3 file all have proper names, I still have no idea what you open a .tlg file with.

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » May 1st, 2008, 4:39 pm

try running cmd.exe with applocale. Alternatively get susie+plugins.

http://www.digitalpad.co.jp/~takechin/a ... ie347b.lzh
Susie.
http://elku.at.infoseek.co.jp/other/spi_xp3_002e.zip
xp3 susie plugin.
http://elku.at.infoseek.co.jp/other/spi_tlg003.zip
tlg susie plugin.

The_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by The_Shadow » May 2nd, 2008, 4:30 pm

Ah huh! Susie definitely seems to be what I want, it even conveniently has navigation in English and everything and the non English isn't too hard to follow either, the XP3 browsing functionally is great, I just gotta figure out how to get the images that are missing out of the xp3 file, and hopefully running the command prompt like that well get me passed the stuff xp3-extract misses thanks alot for the help, if someone wants to put this in a resources thread that would be sweet for anyone else in the future.

Edit: well running cmd under Applocale with Japanese for the language lets me extract all the files, east asia language packs are the way to go, though some of the files mearly crash Susie and dont turn into pictures at all, I'm not sure if thats because they arn't pictures at all or some other reason, only problem is that many of the pictures have image distortions which are due I guess to them being multilayered or something, anyone know how to fix these somehow?

Heres an example.

Some really good pictures in here but this is spoiling alot of them, its really bad on quite a few and on some its minor.

Edit 2: was able to fix the above problem by choosing a colour to background blend in the xp3 plugin config section, chose black for the plugin, also made sure I chose fate stay full not the demo option and I can browse the xp3 file fine now, cant copy out too many of the tlg files at once but its all good. Thanks again for the help with getting me Susie.