Non-ero Fate/stay night

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby X-Calibar » September 28th, 2007, 8:35 pm

Nerroth wrote:I guess when you say partial port, you mean that you may not be able to port over things like the voices and the new CGs?

http://www.revolve-trans.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=619
I really hope they are able to port over the CGs..!
phib wrote:Images are in a different (undocumented) type of container. Just getting the scripts from there was a pain (and I couldn't get the filenames).
This was as of Wed Jun 27, 2007...

But as for the voices :
phib wrote:Let's see...

If anyone owns RN and is interested in betatesting the voice patch, please contact me through irc at #revolve or pm me if you can't access irc. For the moment, only 5 persons will be accepted. Depending on the pace, more help could be requested in the future.
This was as of Mon Sep 17, 2007...

Sounds like RN voices are close to reality!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Benny1 » December 2nd, 2007, 5:04 pm

a bit of a bump, please don't kill me ;_;

So, being a little bastard, I have to ask... how much progress has been made, on any form of a non ero patch? I guess I'm a bit spoiled from Tsukihime. Well, if there's no progress, I'll just deal, I guess it's a bit mean of me to demand a status update like this, but I hope nobody kills me ^_^.
Benny1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 2nd, 2007, 10:44 pm

No, it's perfectly fine to revive old topics, as long as you have something new to add. :-)

No, there has been no progress on non-ero, except an even stronger wish on my part to do it when I have the time. Also it's obvious that UBW non-ero will be extremely easy to do, story-wise. But right now I'm all booked, with building the 3rd generation installer and proofchecking UBW. I will get back to F/sn UBW, but I'm not yet sure when. Feel free to ask again in a month or two. :-)

Unread postby Nerroth » December 3rd, 2007, 2:15 am

Just to confirm, when you say non-ero, do you intend to translate the alternate scenes from Realta Nua and insert those into the story - as well as the CGs in said re-written scenes from the PS2 edition?

Such as the fish-vision glowy-arm scene in UBW, for example.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 3rd, 2007, 8:10 am

That issue has been discussed earlier in this thread.

Re: Non-ero Fate/stay night

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 1st, 2012, 5:35 am

So even though this topic is nearly 5 years old, I'm supposed to grave-dig it instead of posting a new thread?

okaaaaaaaaaay...

This post is almost 5 years old, and is literally just 3 posts up:
Message wrote:No, it's perfectly fine to revive old topics, as long as you have something new to add. :-)

No, there has been no progress on non-ero, except an even stronger wish on my part to do it when I have the time. Also it's obvious that UBW non-ero will be extremely easy to do, story-wise. But right now I'm all booked, with building the 3rd generation installer and proofchecking UBW. I will get back to F/sn UBW, but I'm not yet sure when. Feel free to ask again in a month or two. :-)

These two posts are over 3 years old:
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:I was just kinda wondering if there actually is going to be a non-ero patch for F/SN or not, since I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while...

Or maybe it's one of those "Don't ask - it'll be done when it's done" kind of things?

Message wrote:More like "Thanks for asking, it'll get started when it starts"... >__>

I should have some free time this summer, maybe then. I still want to do it, in any case.

So, ya know... about this Non-ero thing...
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » October 1st, 2012, 10:04 am

Some time after we finished UBW, I tried playing F/sn Eng and I found it to be extremely boring. For this reason I never got back to the project to look at a non-ero version. Seeing as my supply of free time dried up when I seriously got to finishing my masters, and even more so when I started my phd, I don't see myself working on F/sn for at least another three years. Nowadays what little time I have for mm projects goes into release engineering and, sadly, site management...

It's interesting that five years ago I found that writing around the ero content should be easy compared to Tsukihime, at least for the Fate and UBW routes. But I'd still need to play the game before I could work on modifying it, and seeing as the game sucks... >_>

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 1st, 2012, 7:13 pm

That's interesting, since for me F/sn has so much content that I it's impossible for me to remember it all. I can pretty much jump right in at any point and have it be fresh enough to pull me in.

Or are you saying you actually don't like F/sn for what it is, not because it was, could we say "ruined", by having worked on it?
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » October 1st, 2012, 7:45 pm

Well it was definitely ruined for me, at least UBW was. Proofchecking UBW was like reading every fifth sentence in a book, and repeating that five times. I don't think there's many worse ways to spoil a story. But the real problem I had was with the game as a whole. I just couldn't get into the story. For one thing, it took me two weeks to work my way through the prologue. I think, bottomline, F/sn was just too bloody long for my tastes.

Anyway, I think for the time being my time is better spent updating old translation patches. We're toying with MBAACC at the moment, but I'm still hoping to get some decent work done on Tsukihime. Then again, I've been hoping that for three years, so yeah.

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » October 1st, 2012, 8:04 pm

Yeah, I was wondering when Tsukihime patch would be able to rip the music during installation. :P You mentioned such a thing in a post made over 2 years ago:
Message wrote:
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:It just hit me - seeing that the Fate/stay night English patch can rip and convert voice data from the Realta Nua PS2 disc, then wouldn't it be even easier for the Tsukihime English patch to rip the music?

Heck it wouldn't even need any special hackery since it's just in CD-audio, and it wouldn't even need to take more time for convertion since even plain WAV works.

I couldn't find any commandline driven cd-ripping tools back then. I found one the other day, so next version will hopefully implement automatic ripping.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby linkhyrule5 » January 20th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Reviving this thread once again: Since I assume the official non-ero patch hasn't been written yet (it having been less than three years from the above post), is there a patch that covers Heaven's Feel? I already found this patch, but it only goes as far as UBW. Any luck?
linkhyrule5
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » January 20th, 2013, 8:42 pm

linkhyrule5 wrote:Reviving this thread once again: Since I assume the official non-ero patch hasn't been written yet (it having been less than three years from the above post), is there a patch that covers Heaven's Feel? I already found this patch, but it only goes as far as UBW. Any luck?

As of now there is not. You can "kind of" cover HF by just using the v2.0 English patch that leaves HF in Japanese, but this is only useful if you have set F/sn up for someone else and don't want them to see/read the sexual content.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat