Arcueid's Endings....

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Arcueid's Endings....

Unread postby dwroxas » August 29th, 2012, 9:02 am

I have now played all the routes in the game, and is it just me or does Arcueid's endings (I count the last battle onwards as the ending) seem kinda plain against the rest?
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Re: Arcueid's Endings....

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 31st, 2012, 7:19 am

Well the
True end is pretty much reminicing about how much fun Shiki had with her. While her Good End pretty much ended up her being his ditzy girlfriend out of all of this.

Granted the only other end that can be considered a good end for Arc is the
Ciel Good End. In which she manages to forcfully make you into her servant.

Although any of the endings happen to be way better than the
Hisui True End, an dI'm not going to say anymore about that.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Message » August 31st, 2012, 4:43 pm

I think the question is about the overall novelty/quality/interest of Arc's endings, which seems simplistic compared to the other routes. I always assumed it was because I had already seen the anime. Is there anyone who played the game without having seen the series?

Unread postby GabrieliosP » August 31st, 2012, 5:11 pm

Me. I yet have to finish the anime and already finished Tsukihime and Kagetsu Touya, and I also think Arcueid's endings are the weakest of all.
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby dwroxas » August 31st, 2012, 10:05 pm

Wow, and here I thought the anime was shunned. To be honest I watched the opening of the show and thought it was shit, and i kinda watched Carnival Phantasm before, so seeing and hearing Shiki look and sound like that is kinda...weird? BTW in the Tsukihime remake just an update in CG's and possibly voices? Or are they going to rewrite some of the material?
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby GabrieliosP » August 31st, 2012, 11:40 pm

No one knows for sure. Someone from Beast's Lair who went to the event confirmed that the PV didn't have voices, but it also leaves open the opportunity of voices in the proper game.

Also an information from someone from Beast's Lair is that the quotes in the image scan that shows Arcueid, Ciel and Akiha's new looks are NOT part of the original Tsukihime japanese script, so it might have been rewritten. They promised us Satsuki's route, after all.
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby dwroxas » September 1st, 2012, 2:00 am

Ah, thanks, GabrieliosP.
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 1st, 2012, 8:50 am

What is this anime you speak of guys since I no not of what you're talking about. [/denial]

As for a Tsukihime re-make.... well it would be nice to see since they tend to like the newer system that they used to do Fate series of Visual Novels. So I would like to see it be done one day, but in any case if it ever does get re-released I have a feeling that Sacchin will still not get her route. I mean isn't it sad Sacchin, your only hope of getting a route resides on if they want to walk away from milking the Fate series anytime soon.

Also, give a link or it's not true by my standards.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby dwroxas » September 1st, 2012, 7:52 pm

Even if they make a Satsuki route, wouldn't be like Akiha's route?
Both like Shiki
Both drink blood and don't deny it?
And both go nuts?
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 2nd, 2012, 9:49 am

What they should do is fix one of Akiha's endings. I mean they did kind of fixed that in the Plus+Disk, but it felt a bit fragmented though. Well the only diference is the complex they have over him.

Akiha
has the brocom of course with her being the tsundere imouto type.

As for Sacchin,
she pretty much has what I can call an inferiority complex with a dash of stalker conditions. In other words she's a scardy cat of talking directly with him.

Still like I said I look forward to a remake, but I need proof that they are remaking it you know. I mean this was talked about for over 10 years or so, but we still haven't heard anything.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby dwroxas » September 2nd, 2012, 8:15 pm

Here's me hoping it gets made during my 666 lifetimes...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby James_Marcus » September 9th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Still like I said I look forward to a remake, but I need proof that they are remaking it you know. I mean this was talked about for over 10 years or so, but we still haven't heard anything.

Well, I'll post the picture here in case you haven't seen it yet.

As far as I have seen, the fans (or at least a vocal portion of them) mostly complain about Arc's new design, something about her long skirt being too "iconic" to change it. And she wearing a miniskirt and boots as is apparent from the silhouette. But I like it. Ciel also looks somewhat different now, but the changes have generally been better received. Akiha looks pretty much the same aside from the black hair-band.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 11th, 2012, 2:47 am

Okay so they're waiting on the 10th anaversery for this, but it makes me wonder if Sacchin will get her route at all. As for Arc in a mini-skirt I have to say those that complain about it haven't seen her Phantasmoon incarnation at all.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby James_Marcus » September 11th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Well, I heard from the only person that went to the TM Festival at Beast's Lairs, that Sacchin route is definitely confirmed. I also heard that the visuals looked to surpass Mahoyo, that really makes me want to watch the PV. Here is a link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/1771-TYPE-MOON-FES-10TH-ANNIVERSARY-EVENT?p=853637&viewfull=1#post853637 It's a shame that cameras weren't allowed at the Festival, I thought it was strange how I couldn't find a single video or image of the Fes prior to hearing that .
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 11th, 2012, 11:31 pm

~Wahaha~ I think I know why they didn't do that. It might be due to the fact that if people go by hear-say there will be a chance that the fandom won't get mad at them fully if they do forget to do this.

Although if you ask me they really need to do a Tsukihime anime after all of this since they can only milk Fate series for so long before people grow tired of it.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby GabrieliosP » September 12th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Also, Satsuki route is NOT confirmed.

Sacchin appeared in the PV, in fact she was apparently the first character to appear on it, but nothing about her route being confirmed. The person that posted "SACCHIN ROUTE CONFIRMED" just put the cart in front of the oxes.
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 12th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Thank you for that, my hopes for a Sacchin Route have been dashed. Besides didn't they say they were planning on doing her route anyways when they said it would be remade though? I mean if they don't do it I mean most of the fans would be rather... how you'd say put off by ignoring her for the second time now.

Besides I thought that the MeltyBlood series was all due to it spinning off from Sacchin's True/Good End.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby MaDMaLKaV » September 15th, 2012, 11:19 am

Going back to the original question, I find Arcueid ending to be more streamlined and less "soapy" than the others, but it is nothing bad, I find it to be a little less "anime" and a little more literary.
http://www.dragons-spirit.com

La mejor tienda, unida al mejor pub. Una experiencia ?nica en vivo y online.
MaDMaLKaV
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby dwroxas » September 15th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Less soapy and anime? What does that mean?
And is'nt it sad Sacchin Melty Blood is supposed to continue off your ending but your only appearance is the Tatari taking your form which Shiki kills. (Sorry if this is incorrect but I just read the manga, and played once through melty blood killing everything)
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby MaDMaLKaV » September 21st, 2012, 5:33 pm

dwroxas wrote:Less soapy and anime? What does that mean?

Difficult form e to explain it in english :| In the Arcueid story -and also in Saber story in F/SN-, the narration is more streamlined , while the parallel routes have a lot of more twists, OH! and WTF moments for being able to tell all the background stuff that wasn't talked about in the main story. It is cool to get all that info, but for being able to tell it all it falls in a more gimmicky narrative.
http://www.dragons-spirit.com

La mejor tienda, unida al mejor pub. Una experiencia ?nica en vivo y online.
MaDMaLKaV
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat