MBAACC Bug & Typo Report

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MBAACC Bug & Typo Report

Unread postby Message » August 1st, 2012, 12:06 am

This is a report thread for all the bugs, typos, crashes and other problems you may find in MBAACC English v0.5.

Please state:
- The version number of the translation patch you are using.
- A full description of the problem: Describe the situation, the problem itself and the causes/effects that you can recognize.
- For technical problems: Your operating system, type of video card and relevant driver/DirectX versions.
- For typos: The scene, the mistake (What's wrong), possible correction.

NOTE - Before you post, please search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.
NOTE - For typos: Only report errors ONCE. Do NOT discuss other people's reports, nor our decision on whether or not to fix something.

Re: MBAACC Bug & Typo Report

Unread postby Xenos Hydrargirum » August 1st, 2012, 12:38 pm

Could you, please, remove those very disturbing " Please wait -> Push start button" lines from Arcade mode and main screen?
Thanks.
Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby GabrieliosP » August 1st, 2012, 9:38 pm

This is a problem that also happened in the japanese version, so I guess you guys can help me with something.

It happened after I upgrated Melty from version 1.30 to 1.40. The main menu and the options menu are uncontrollable. It's like the game automatically presses the "up" button to make it pass through the options. So I can only happen to press the correct button when it crosses the option I want. I made a video of it because explaining the problem is a bit hard. Now, behold my struggle to access the Arcade mode:

Note: I only pressed the "confirm" and "cancel" buttons, NO directional buttons. This happens whether I use the gamepad or the keyboard. The game plays at a normal speed with no slowdowns, I recorded in half-size and audioless to ease the lag on recording.
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xenos Hydrargirum » August 2nd, 2012, 7:41 am

Patch v0.5, on the VS screeen it stiil reads YumiDuka instead of YumiZuka.
Xenos Hydrargirum
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Drinkie » August 4th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Warc's Arc-drives show up as Pluto Die Schwester and Last arc is Gnadenstoss now i'm not familiar with German but shouldn't they be Blut Die Schwester and Gnadensturz? also first post ftw

Edit: I know that her name is officialy Red Arcueid but i still choose to use both names
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » August 5th, 2012, 5:29 am

Drinkie wrote:Warc's Arc-drives show up as Pluto Die Schwester and Last arc is Gnadenstoss now i'm not familiar with German but shouldn't they be Blut Die Schwester and Gnadensturz? also first post ftw

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for your report. You appear to have eye for detail. While working on MBAACC, I discovered a number of mistransliterations in the "German" attack names, so we've taken a close look at all (most?) of them. The attack names in MBAACC English are correct (or less wrong, anyway), and the previous MB games will be updated at some point to use the corrected names.

グナーデン・シュトース - Gunaaden Shutoosu - Gnadenstoss - Mercy Thrust. MBAC Eng incorrectly used Gnadensturz, which means Mercy Drop.
プルート・ディ・シュヴェスタァ - Puruuto di Shuvesuta - Pluto die Schwester - Pluto the Sister. MBAC Eng incorrectly used Blute die Schwester (Bleed the Sister). Pluto die Schwester is probably a reference to the Six Sisters destroying Type-Pluto (see TM wiki).

I particularly liked NAC's attack called 超電波奥義ネコエステ・スタンプリレー西日本. It transliterates to Chou Denpa Ougi Nekoesute Sutanpuriree Nishinihon, which in MBAC Eng became Super EM Wave Ultimate Technique - Cat Este - Stamp Relay West. Not believing 'este' to be a word, I asked a Japanese friend to help us with this one. It turns out that esute is Japanese shorthand for esthetics, generally used for beauty parlors etc. Esute products are beauty products. Also the stamp relay was easily explained: Many Japanese shops use stamp-cards that give price reductions and special offers to loyal customers. A 'sutanpu riree' is simply a completed sequence of stamps, 'unlocking' a special bonus. We actually found an esute sutampu riree in google: http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/carpe_die ... 324a3d.jpg
The English attack name finally ended up Super EM Wave Ultimate Attack - NEKOesthetics - Stamp Rally West Japan. We chose Rally because we thought stamp relay would not be easily understood by English-speaking people. We also needed to keep the name as short as possible, and the meaning of stamp rally is very close to that of the Japanese. Ironically, my google returns for 'stamp rally' are all about Japan's stamp fetish. >_>;;

Unread postby Drinkie » August 5th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Ahh i never knew that as i said i'm not that good with anything other than english and i guess stifler's gonna have to retranslate the MB manga as the names i thought were used during the battle with Zepia (yes i know it's Tatari/Warachia i just like to use his original name) when he turned into Demon lord Arc or was it actually correct at the time? also isn't the pillar of light attack that Brunestud uses Alt Nagel?
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » August 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm

No idea, your google is as good as mine.

(Also, please use some punctuation in your sentences. Your text is very difficult to read.)

Unread postby Drinkie » August 5th, 2012, 9:07 pm

No worries and sorry i failed english which is why i don't have a clue about punctuation sorry :(
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby James_Marcus » August 22nd, 2012, 8:24 pm

Actually, I'm fairly certain プルート・ディ・シェヴェスタァ means Blut der Schwester; Blood Sister. That's how Aksys translated that move in Fate/Extra. And I believe this translation is more consistent with the context of the abilities' description in the second line, since it does say "oath between blood sisters".

プルート・ディ・シェヴェスタァç
血の姉妹による盟約。
宝具というよりは彼女が持つ特性のようなもの。
地球の触覚であるこの素体は、周囲を地球環境化(テラフォーミング)する。
そのため、月の法則にのっとったムーンセルでは多大な重力負荷を引き起こしてしまう。
ムーンセルのルールによって再現されたサーヴァントや魔術師たちは、彼女の前では六倍の重力下に置かれてしまうのだ。

[Noble Phantasm]
[Blut der Schwester]
The contract of the blood sisters.
More like a property of hers, rather than a Noble Phantasm.
Her body, the touch of the Earth, terraforms her surroundings.
Therefore, in the moon cell which follows the laws of the moon, she causes a great deal of gravity load to occur.
Servants and Magi recreated by the rules of the moon cell are placed under 6 times the gravity when before her.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » August 23rd, 2012, 5:30 am

James_Marcus wrote:Actually, I'm fairly certain プルート・ディ・シェヴェスタァ means Blut der Schwester; Blood Sister. That's how Aksys translated that move in Fate/Extra. And I believe this translation is more consistent with the context of the abilities' description in the second line, since it does say "oath between blood sisters".

プルート・ディ・シェヴェスタァç
血の姉妹による盟約。
宝具というよりは彼女が持つ特性のようなもの。
地球の触覚であるこの素体は、周囲を地球環境化(テラフォーミング)する。
そのため、月の法則にのっとったムーンセルでは多大な重力負荷を引き起こしてしまう。
ムーンセルのルールによって再現されたサーヴァントや魔術師たちは、彼女の前では六倍の重力下に置かれてしまうのだ。

[Noble Phantasm]
[Blut der Schwester]
The contract of the blood sisters.
More like a property of hers, rather than a Noble Phantasm.
Her body, the touch of the Earth, terraforms her surroundings.
Therefore, in the moon cell which follows the laws of the moon, she causes a great deal of gravity load to occur.
Servants and Magi recreated by the rules of the moon cell are placed under 6 times the gravity when before her.

Indeed, it does seem the Japanese think it should have been blute. It could very well have been a typo on TYPE-MOON's part, I guess. Their German is bad enough, to be sure. Thanks for the heads up, we'll see what we can figure out on this one.

Unread postby James_Marcus » August 23rd, 2012, 3:28 pm

No problem. I'm glad to help.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Drinkie » August 23rd, 2012, 5:21 pm

So how is it gonna be translated then? as it was in AC? or are you sticking with Pluto?
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby badofu » August 25th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you (mm team) very much for releasing this translation.

I instaled the translation (and it instaled MB and patch 140 also, always liked that ease of use you bring with your patches), with no problem.

But, even though I runned Keybinder and it saved the config i wanted, when I run MBAA.exe (and get the startup menu) when I run the game the keys are like they where by default.

Here is the KEYS part of mbaacctool.ini if it helps
Code: Select all
P1Up =0xC8
P1Left =0xCB
P1Down =0xD0
P1Right =0xCD
P1A =0x1E
P1B =0x1F
P1C =0x20
P1D =0x21
P1E =0x10
P1Start =0x02

P2Up =0x17
P2Left =0x24
P2Down =0x25
P2Right =0x26
P2A =0xD2
P2B =0xC7
P2C =0xC9
P2D =0xD3
P2E =0xCF
P2Start =0xD1
badofu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 26th, 2012, 6:12 am

Thank you for your kind feedback, it is appreciated. As for your question, in order to use the keybinder you either have to run mbaacctool.exe, or use the startmenu shortcut. We are using the tool with permission from both mauve and ALNo32, but since it's a standalone tool I do not think we will be integrating it in mbaa.exe - if that's at all feasible to begin with.

Unread postby badofu » August 27th, 2012, 10:56 am

I found the problem, it was on my part. I didn't run mbaacctool.exe instead i went straight to MBAA.exe

Looking forward to the rest of the translation.
badofu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby GabrieliosP » September 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm

In version 0.52, some of Shiki's translated win quotes have '12' at the end of them without any reason. I'm not at my PC right now so I can't provide screenshots, but it's basically like this:

"See, Len? I can take care of myself just fine.
12"

"Moving too much gets my anemia going.
12"
GabrieliosP
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » September 15th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Hmm, that's strange. I thought I removed those before the release since they aren't in the inserted files I have. I added "12" to check if the lines were breaking correctly during testing.
This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for the heads up.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby dwroxas » September 16th, 2012, 8:41 pm

I'm not sure if this anything of note, but on the waiting screen i get Arcueid=Brunestud
In the game that is life the last hand we are dealt is Death, but it is up to the individual to make something out of what appears to be nothing...
dwroxas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Drinkie » September 16th, 2012, 10:57 pm

That's actually how it's been since either MB:React or MBAC
Drinkie
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat