Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Witch on the Holy Night

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Witch on the Holy Night

Unread postby FM-Alty » January 22nd, 2011, 8:45 pm

sushimonster wrote:if those proposed changes go through we'll be looking at some rather drastic changes for all Japanese products...

Definitely. I know a good few things I like would be totally affected. And I agree that it makes them unique , nothing as awesome as anime and manga is ever really produced in many areas around the world. But then again , I understand that they may not want to be known as just "that country that produces all that pervy & weird stuff."

On topic: I do hope that release stays but by now another pushback wouldn't even surprise me. Wait for the greatness. The visuals are still pretty good from what we've seen & i'm itching to get behind the persona of the one 'Miss Blue." The Aozaki's sure have a lot of influence in things.
FM-Alty
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cyfer » February 1st, 2011, 10:25 pm

sushimonster wrote:Just checked Neowing again and the release date still stands on the 29th this month.
They've been accurate on the release dates in the past for all the instances I've bought pre-orders (sometimes the orders were shipped before the release date). But will have to wait and see I guess...

Apparently it has been pushed back to the end of March...?
Cyfer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » March 9th, 2011, 8:39 am

A bumpage of sorts.
Ok - it's a weekday but thought this is rather significant news, albeit a slightly negative one.

It's been delayed again. Till sometime in 2011; they last said sometime during the winter break.

One thing to note is the product page has been updated. I think the system requirements have been changed. Read the recommended core clock frequency: dual-core at 2.66GHz. Quite hefty on the hardware despite being less than 720 pixxies (<non-HD)...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » March 11th, 2011, 10:52 pm

sushimonster wrote:One thing to note is the product page has been updated. I think the system requirements have been changed. Read the recommended core clock frequency: dual-core at 2.66GHz. Quite hefty on the hardware despite being less than 720 pixxies (<non-HD)...

What!? Seriously?
*checks the official site*
...ri~ght, I think my ancient computer should be able to handle Mahoutsukai no Yoru.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby sushimonster » April 9th, 2011, 1:12 pm

Another bumpage.
There is a new promo video which has snippets of the actual gameplay.

...Judging from how the text is displayed and scrolled, I can now understand why the hardware requirements are so high. Such smooth text display I understand demands alot of D3D processing, something which GPUs aren't particularly fond of. And considering your average-John-Doe has intergrated solutions (motherboard-based Intel graphics for one), I think that explains why the CPU requirements are up there.

Character sprites are all static (so no 'live' motion stuff that I once hoped for). And there doesn't seem to be voice acting (though the music-over in the promo makes it impossible to confirm); judging from static sprites, I doubt there will be any anyways.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cyfer » April 10th, 2011, 6:48 pm

In case anyone is interested in what the text of that video says, here's a (rough) translation:

It was a rather peaceful morning.
---
A mechanical ringing echoes down the long corridor.
That sound reveals the bad state of repairs that now afflicts these carpeted halls.
Combined with the morning’s gloom it looks not entirely unlike a haunted house.
---
“…well, it is basically a haunted house.
This house really is too big for just two people.”

And at the moment it seems like there’s just one of them.
The ringing has already repeated itself more than thirty times.
The person on the other end either has a lot of free time, or else already knows what this house is like.
---
She had a feeling it was the latter.
She hastens her steps to stop the resounding noise of the phone.
All the while holding a premonition that the moment the ringing stopped, her nice morning would vanish like a bubble.
---
Leaving behind that charming parting remark, the male students scattered like dogs with their tails between their legs.
“That seemed fun, Aoko.”
“Oh, you could tell?”*
Aoko responded with Alice’s words.
---
“…what exactly does that mean…?”
While inwardly making noises of disapproval, she looked around the classroom.
The figure of that male student was nowhere in sight.
---
“Wait, what do you mean by ‘strong’, Pres?”
Tobimaru tilts his head in puzzlement and looks at Aoko.
Aoko remains perfectly still, scowling intently at the wall.
“…Aozaki?”
Tobimaru’s words don’t seem to register with Aoko.
“Ooooi, preees. Aokakiiii. …Miss Aoko?
…oi, pay attention to me, Aoko Aozaki!”
---
“Shut up! Stop it with the ‘ao’ this and ‘ao’ that!”
Her shouts reverberate through the student council room.
Louder even than Tobimaru’s fervent speech, her beautiful voice penetrated as far the corridor.
---
“Oh, I became the head of the swim club.”
“Wha- what did you say!?”
Aoko yelled without thinking at that unexpected reply.
---
The courtyard she could see from the window made her think of her home from ten years ago.
If you compare it to then, everything about this garden is shabby and you could even call it a wasteland.
And so why does this garden seem to hold vestiges of the other?
---
Alice Kunoji’s fairytale echoed in the night.
Those feeling joined together with my body.
---
Then Aoko holds up her right arm once more.
She reminds me of a machine…
---
“ –Burn…!”
---
“You’re in my way!”
Without any other outlet, she sends all of her anger into her right arm and strikes out.
---
“–It’s decided. Tour Plan: Star Mine”**

*This needs a bit more context to translate properly
**Really not too sure about that furigana, because as is they make no sense; in any case, the kanji read as something like: Magic bullet mode: Projection convergence
Cyfer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » April 30th, 2011, 1:24 pm

@sushimonster
Yeah, I just managed to watch the promotion video recently.
I'm still getting it anyway, with or without translation.

The release date is still (sometime in) 2011 though...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby allanh » December 16th, 2011, 8:35 am

Just an update... received an email from AmiAmi. The release date is now April 2012. No voice acting, no eroge, no alt route.... a bit disappointing :( Anyway, keeping my preorder still
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » December 18th, 2011, 2:59 am

allanh wrote:Just an update... received an email from AmiAmi. The release date is now April 2012. No voice acting, no eroge, no alt route.... a bit disappointing :( Anyway, keeping my preorder still

That makes sense, with the demo being released just recently and all.
No voice acting makes me a sad Master Panda.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby ryonyanko » February 5th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Preordered at Ami Ami, however what's this special version? Does it come with swag (phonecard?)
ryonyanko
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby gunblade » March 31st, 2012, 11:07 pm

So it'll be out in 2 weeks.
definately all ages rating?
Are we seeing Type Moon now pandering to the mainstream after all it's publicity with anime series/manga of Fate/xxx and now they have to be a "respectable" visual novel company or just a change cause the writer wanted it that way?
And also, I should probably just go a read the original Tsukihime to get the jist of what these characters are about, I get the feeling that "remake" may take quite some time.
Thoughts?
gunblade
Might just like this board

Unread postby Romdeau » April 9th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Anyone take the time to read the demo (English or Japanese)? Just finished downloading the fan-translated demo, so I'll post my thoughts here when I'm finished reading it.
Romdeau
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ggyytthh » May 9th, 2012, 11:06 am

Romdeau wrote:Anyone take the time to read the demo (English or Japanese)? Just finished downloading the fan-translated demo, so I'll post my thoughts here when I'm finished reading it.

I've finished the eng version some time ago (almost when it was first released actually!) and i must say... Graphics are really good, music is fabulous and the writing is well... you know how good Nasu's V/N's are =D
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Megaolix » May 15th, 2012, 1:24 am

I hate to bug you guys with this, but... Considering how long it has been since it was released, have you come to a decision regarding translation? Is it good enough for you guys to do it?
Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 15th, 2012, 2:17 pm

It seems that this guy has decided to do it with Amaterasu Translations: http://emptyboundaries.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/knk-on-epub-and-some-news-on-mahoyo/.
So we probably won't be doing this one unless another translator shows interest and wants to work with us.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 15th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Ah I was wondering who if anyone was planning on taking up the translation of this story. In any case the only thing I can do is wait for someone to do a good job on translating it. If we're lucky maybe he'll have you guys at mirror moon to help him out, but then again who knows.

So in other words this will take a while to see who will really want to whole heartedly translate and release thisstory sometime soon.... I whould hope.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Previous

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat