Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Witch on the Holy Night

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Witch on the Holy Night

Unread postby sushimonster » August 19th, 2010, 8:30 am

Seems that the site has just had another update (added Music and updated Characters).

Apparently has the ED song? 1500yen for the limited edition version of the single, going on sale next week it seems.
As for the characters, hmm...

I'm actually hesistating buying this; nothing amazing AS OF YET and I have been told by a mate that there is no voice acting (he pointed me to a site for visual novels which I have since forgotten, kinda like anidb.net); is this visual novel really worth the 8400 yen that it demands then? I might be better off with White Album 2 Limited Edition for US$74 if that's the case.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Uberoy » August 19th, 2010, 11:00 pm

As a fan Its hard to say no but yeah, as you say, it is a bit much for something without voice acting. Being a fan isn't always easy mate. Sometimes you just gotta sacrifice some logic for some pleasure. :D
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby arkady18 » August 19th, 2010, 11:55 pm

For me, the sacrifice exists not for the voices (I can live without them), but for the fact that this time is only a book with songs and images: you have no choices, you have just a story (no routes, no bad endings, no different endings at all), and it's really short! If I'm correct, the price is similar to F/sn's, but F/sn is long about 60 hours (according to Nasu), while Mahou Tsukai no Yoru only 16 (again, according to Nasu)...!!!
Sushimonster said "you can get it from erogeshop.com for US$95" and I've never heard about a book sold for US$95... Yeah, we have to pay for the graphic, the music and the programming part too, not only for the "book part"; but for only 16 hours $95 are way too much... A lot of great video games are longer (with more lines of text) and are way cheaper. I guess they're selling the game plus the name Type Moon on it... no they're selling the name with the extra bonus called "Mahou Tsukai no Yoru".

Well, I'll buy it, but I'll keep thinking it's too much.
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby boingman » August 21st, 2010, 9:23 pm

So a Kinetic Novel without any voices. Yeah, that sounds a little bit disappointing, considering how much we had to wait for a new Type-Moon game.
Is Type-Moon mostly working on the Tsukihime remake? Well, I am sure that there'll be a voiced (PS3) version if Mahou Tsukai no Yoru sells well enough.

btw. is it confirmed that Aoko is the narrator?
boingman
Addict

Unread postby ArchDemon » September 1st, 2010, 11:09 am

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby sushimonster » September 1st, 2010, 11:49 am

ArchDemon wrote:Release delayed until winter. :v

http://www.typemoon.com/products/mahoyo/put.html

Bloody hell. And I was THIS close to preordering that thing off eBay.
...But there doesn't seem to be any sort of announcement on the actual product page?
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 2nd, 2010, 5:09 pm

Gah that sucks, so that means once it's out it may take mirror moon until 2012 to actually finish translating this if this is the case.

Well as long as the world really doesn't end in 2012 I can wait. lol
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby sushimonster » September 13th, 2010, 10:02 am

And it's official; the official page has been updated with the delay message (and a link to what ArchDemon pointed us to).

Here's me hoping that it is INDEED sometime this year; Himeyashop is guessing the release date is the 31st of December.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby RoyKr » September 13th, 2010, 5:40 pm

I'm definetly getting it if it gets translated.

Having voices would be really annoying, I'm glad there are none.
Money is not an issue. If it's written by Nasu, I'm sure it's worth whatever they feel like charging for it.
There not being any choices or different paths is fine, it didn't stop visual novels like Higurashi and Umineko from being freakishly awesome.
RoyKr
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DarkEyes » October 27th, 2010, 12:39 am

^wow, thats one possitive outlook.
Ive personally got no idea what to expect from this thing, but the nasuverse is so awesome that it cant be below good quality ;p
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby sushimonster » November 30th, 2010, 10:59 am

I'm rather curious as to whether anyone here has managed to pre-order Mahou no Tsukai no Yoru?
You'd be lucky to find it on eBay (there is this one seller, but he's a twit-ass ripoff for all I care; US$250 my backside......)

Himeyashop and erogeshop seem to have gone under indefintely until further notice, and considering the visual novel itself has been indefintely delayed till later this year, I was wondering if anyone who's preordered received official correspondance regarding the release date? And by official correspondance, the dealer you bought it off; maybe they might know something that the general public don't?

Or are we all still in the 'due sometime this winter' boat?

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby I1nk » December 1st, 2010, 3:48 am

I preordered my copy awhile ago, but never received much information about the release date from AmiAmi. But the site don't send out too much emails anyway. But AmiAmi's site still says winter 2010.

But AmiAmi is still taking order if you want to check them out. But AmiAmi don't have much in the way of user interface like other websites like CDJapan. So ordering from them requires you to save the emails they send you, or keep track of your orders by other means. They also seem to send items out faster then HobbySearch. ^_^
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby sushimonster » December 11th, 2010, 10:41 am

A friend of mine bought himself a copy of 失われた未来を求めて (Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete) by Trumple. Well, it was done by Abhar until they went under right before release. I played a little and researched it a bit.

That visual novel was released on the 26th of November this year (so not too long ago). It runs under the kirikiri engine, and has a native resolution of 720p. It's an eroge with alot of visual effects (ie, talking / voiced character sprites actually talk and MOVE their mouths) and alot of possible endings; think Tsukihime but a slight bit more. If I recall right it has 5x characters you can specially like, and has even more in regards to endings.

Anyways, I asked my mate if I could try running Crass on his lappie to see how 'well' the 'modern-day' krkr2 engine was encrypted, which I'm assuming Mahou Tsukai will probably be mated with.

All in all, it's not looking good.
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete is quite heavily encrypted, more so than Fate/hollow ataraxia.
Crass will extract the contents, but the content itself is encrypted to a point where Crass cannot open them (ie, it will extract a .bmp but Windows or Photoshop, or any other image editor for that matter refuses to open them).

I've tried using various parameter passes, and even got Susie to try opening with a bunch of plugins.
No luck.

If ArchDemon (and ranmafan in another thread here) is right, Mahou Tsukai no Yoru just MAY have been delayed for additional encrypting, which may delay possible TL work should there be any... But if our optimism pays off, considering Trumple and Type-Moon are different companies there may be little encryption. But yeah; a wait-and-see game with things not looking too good...

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 12th, 2010, 3:44 am

Well let's just hope that things turn out well in the end and that you guys don't have to jump through hoops just to translate the game for us guys.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby arkady18 » December 12th, 2010, 6:40 pm

Well, if A-company uses an encryption, that doesn't mean B-company will use it as well. Remember they have different programmers, and I don't think all companies use only the "original" types of encryption offered by the Kirikiri tools downloadable by the official site "as they are". When they program a game, they add new functions and new plugins to the ones already avalaible. In the same way, they may use new types of encryption developed by the company's programmers, so every single game might have a different encryption.

Perhaps the did add a new type of encryption in Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, but I believe it's impossible and absurd to delay to an "undefinited date" the release of a game for such a reason. Possibly, they just pre-sold more copies than they had already printed or something. But I don't know. I can't imagine the reason behind this delay, but I think it's absurd only to think they delayed the release only to add new stupid encryptions... Type Moon had a lot of time to develop a new type of encryption in the last few years...
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Robborboy » December 21st, 2010, 5:56 am

I have to say, I am perfectly happy if it doesn't include voice overs. I typically turn them off anyway as they break me reading of the text. Now if it lacked music, THAT would be a different story all together.
Robborboy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » January 3rd, 2011, 12:24 pm

It seems Neowing (CDJapan but for the Japanese-only audience) has this pinned for release for the 29th this month (January).
Heck, they're even taking preorders for it,

I do recall seeing another release date a few weeks back at a Tenso-like middle-man site. That didn't look too trustworthy, but they pinned the release date as mid Feb.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby allanh » January 16th, 2011, 12:32 am

now the amiami website has the release date changed to late 2011 :(

Hopefully there will be major improvements with this delay (e.g. voice acting, longer storyline, more interactivity and routes)
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 16th, 2011, 10:20 am

To be honest I couldn't care about the VA as much, but I kind of doubt that was the reason for the delay. It could of been sofware issues, to various things that are going on in the Japanese goverment that can cause problems for VNs like this as of now.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby sushimonster » January 16th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Just checked Neowing again and the release date still stands on the 29th this month.
They've been accurate on the release dates in the past for all the instances I've bought pre-orders (sometimes the orders were shipped before the release date). But will have to wait and see I guess...

And in regards to the government changes. I recall reading those proposed changes were restricted to ecchi / hentai media (DVDs, games, mags to name a few). Apparently they're saying it 'devalues' the Japanese image and culture.
...hmm...
I'd say it makes them unique, but not really derogatory towards their culture in any way.

Though mind you, if those proposed changes go through we'll be looking at some rather drastic changes for all Japanese products...

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat