Fate/Unlimited Codes

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 5th, 2009, 11:30 am

Yazan Kiriel wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Yay me...

Apperently im still the F/UC champ with Archer as my main...

oh hay there 138 lol

Heheh.. I WISH..

Apperently im still having trouble with chaining the 636B uppercut into the bow-change crouch shot...

I can sometimes pull it off with the help of a 'programmed button' with my arcade stick.. but... not able to doing it 'normally'...

Still... that 138 guy look like he's more pro in Archer's bow form rather then Archer's K&B form...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kcuf » March 5th, 2009, 1:56 pm

"636 uppercut?" Do you mean "623+B?" I find it pretty easy to switch to bow mode aftr that, but I can only do a combo of 3600 damage. >_>
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 5th, 2009, 3:13 pm

Kcuf wrote:"636 uppercut?" Do you mean "623+B?" I find it pretty easy to switch to bow mode aftr that, but I can only do a combo of 3600 damage. >_>

AHHHH!!!!~~~

I FINALLY know how to chain it into said bow!..

Dammit...
There's alittle 'extra' button you have to press before you changed into bow form... garrgh...

how did you guys found out about the extra button?
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kcuf » March 5th, 2009, 3:19 pm

I found it out a month ago, it's even said in expert tutorial. What you did is "Jump canceling", because you could jump after the 623+B attack. Well, I first learned it when I accidently chained 623+B to a 2369+A. Then I found out the technique "jump canceling"

And by "extra button" I assume you mean 22"8"+C.

But I must say: "Nice one, Inferno!"
Yes, I seriously mean it.

EDIT: I hope I didn't sound sarcastic, because it wasn't my intention.
After you discovered the way to go bow mode, it motivated me to create a new combo. After 20 minutes of vs'ing and practicing, I finally discovered a new combo to Archer. 4882 Damage instead of 3642 damage.
Gotta give some thanks to Inferno. You motivated me to create a new combo! Thanks!
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby Yazan Kiriel » March 5th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Yea this game was designed for a arcade stick, 228c Canceling is a bit awkward for D-Pads although Capcom made the game more d-pad friendlier, such as being able to set supers on 1 button.

As with all fighting games, you need a arcade stick to ever be as good as pro level for some things are just impossible for a d-pad
Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread postby Kcuf » March 5th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Does using "analog stick" count as "arcade stick"? :lol:
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 6th, 2009, 2:43 am

Kcuf wrote:Does using "analog stick" count as "arcade stick"? :lol:

.. uhhh...

I find it harder to use the analog since its not that well positioned... imho..

I find its especially hard to go to 'direction 6' sometimes...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Soulshade » March 6th, 2009, 6:45 am

so how do u jump cancel? btw plz use ps2 controller language i have no clue wat 2324+DH or watever they r mean :(
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby sabata2 » March 6th, 2009, 7:07 am

and so on
are key combinations on the Number Pad on your computer's Keyboard. (Think directions you would move a joystick or hit a D-Pad)
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Soulshade » March 6th, 2009, 7:10 am

ahh so thats wat the numbers mean but hang on wat bout the letters? does ABC represent light, mid and heavy etc
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Soulshade wrote:ahh so thats wat the numbers mean but hang on wat bout the letters? does ABC represent light, mid and heavy etc

A = Light Attack
B = Medium Attack
C = Heavy Attack

X = ... well.. i'll just call it X attack coz its the X button you press to either reflect, cancel or chain your combos... XDDD

btw...

And... A+B+C = Hyper mode/Command Spell... Just in case you guys are wondering what the 'symbols' for command spells would be like...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kcuf » March 6th, 2009, 2:17 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:

.. uhhh...

I personally find using analog much easier than the D-pad. The D-pad is hurting my fingers over time.
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 6th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Kcuf wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:

.. uhhh...

I personally find using analog much easier than the D-pad. The D-pad is hurting my fingers over time.

AGREED..D-pad hurts unless i use the original PS2 controller..seems that my wireless controller tend to injure my left thumb :evil:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Yazan Kiriel » March 6th, 2009, 3:52 pm

if you're thumbs hurting using the D-pad, you guys must be trying too hard on it, atleast for Fate Unlimited Codes.

Unlike others fighters I played Fate seems to be the most responsive. Now try doing Yun's Genei-Jin combos all day on 3rd Strike on D-pad...THAT hurts.
Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread postby AvatarofRage » March 6th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Well, i find the d-pad more accurate, or rather, analog to unreliable, but then again my controller's not weathered well. (it only has 1-2 screws holding the thing together for starters.)

As for pain, when I first got F/UC I played it till I had blisters on my thumbs. Then I padded my thumbs and kept playing with blisters. But thats just me being obsessive and playing for hours on end.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Soulshade » March 6th, 2009, 11:24 pm

AvatarofRage wrote:Well, i find the d-pad more accurate, or rather, analog to unreliable, but then again my controller's not weathered well. (it only has 1-2 screws holding the thing together for starters.)

As for pain, when I first got F/UC I played it till I had blisters on my thumbs. Then I padded my thumbs and kept playing with blisters. But thats just me being obsessive and playing for hours on end.

yea same here. i reckon the arcade stick is too small for my hands. cant even move around properly cause of it
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 10th, 2009, 12:42 am

I tend to jump a lot when I try to move forwards or backwards using the analog, so I find it very unreliable as a way to move around.

Just wait till we play F/UC Portable. I'm sure my PSP's analog stick is not the only one that automatically moves in all random directions even when you're not touching the PSP.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 10th, 2009, 2:42 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:I tend to jump a lot when I try to move forwards or backwards using the analog, so I find it very unreliable as a way to move around.

Just wait till we play F/UC Portable. I'm sure my PSP's analog stick is not the only one that automatically moves in all random directions even when you're not touching the PSP.

My poor poor psp... Its already in such a fragile stage after playing Dissidia when im in school...

to play F/UC.. heh.. hehehh..*nervous laugh*
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Yazan Kiriel » March 11th, 2009, 12:23 am

Aside an Arcade stick I don't see any other way playing a fighting game besides a D-Pad, Analog is just utterfail trying to do precise moves. Fate is possible but the game is very sensitive to button directions so yeah more then likely you're going to be jumping around by mistake.

and for 3rd Strike what not...I don't see that happening really.
Yazan Kiriel
Addict

Unread postby ReidE96 » April 7th, 2009, 11:26 pm

This is probably one of my favourite console games ever, if not my most favourite. I have the PS2 version, and I play a K&B UBW Archer. Incidentally, I don't know if anyone else does this, but for his BNB instead of the standard 2b 5b 6b 6c chant 2a 2b 5b 6b 6c 2c 623b jump ja jb jump ja jb jc, I replace the 623b with 214b, which mixes in an extra hit for more damage and an extra bit of chip damage if they're guarding, so I get 2b 5b 6b 6c chant 2a 2b 5b 6b 6c 2c 214b jump ja jb jump ja jb jc as my basic. Still working on managing the 4 chant combo reliably :/

On the topic of analogue sticks, the only sticks that really work for fighters are arcade ones, and even then a pad is better. I have a logitech cable that allows me to connect my ps2 controller to my pc for when I play pc fighters, it makes it much more fun. Though codes is my favourite fighter.

And a random side note - who else uses Berserker as their announcer for the hilarity of "Round x, fight!" becoming "Raawr rawr, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!"?
ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat