Would something like this work?

Post any of your TYPE-MOON related stories, artwork, etc. This is a spoiler zone, so spoiler tags are NOT required as fan fiction is bound to be full of them. You have been warned.

Moderator: Staffers

Would something like this work?

Unread postby that one guy » February 23rd, 2009, 7:08 pm

OK, I started a Fate/Stay Night fan-fic a few months ago, and I just looked it over again. I kind of like what's going on, and I'd love for other people to read it, but it has a few major problems with it. First off, it kinda messes up everything. Mainly, Shirou is completely different, and Kotomine is a little different as well. Second, it's all dialogue based. Basically, I'm really lazy and can't be arsed to describe what happens. The story is still followable, as far as I can tell at least, so it might not be much more than a stylistic choice, but would it be readable like that? And Third, me being an unoriginal bastard, it features a few cameos from other Type-Moon works...well, not so much cameos as convenient plot devices. It might just be my inner self consciousness, but would you guys want to read something like that?
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KratosIrving » February 23rd, 2009, 7:41 pm

I'll always read something just to find out what it is. Anyhow, as with most FF's there will be many things different from the original stories/situations. There's quite a few out there with Shirou being quite different (including mine) and throwing in cameos from the other T-M works.

My point is this: Go ahead and post it. The hardest thing for me to do when I first started my fic was to get the nerve to actually post it. Even if other people find it to be bad, it's nothing to worry about; the hardest critic anyhow will always be yourself, so you'll find every possible negative thing within it. As long as you feel that you did a good enough job on your work, that's all that matters, in my opinion.
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby that one guy » February 23rd, 2009, 7:43 pm

Aright...you've got a point. I just can't really work myself up to post it...but I guess I will. Thanks for the advice.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 7th, 2009, 2:04 am

Just go with it. I really like reading your FF. Just relax. ^_^
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Return to TYPE-MOON Fan Fiction