Chaos;Head translation project

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby X-Calibar » February 10th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Is the only thing left the image editing? Several difficult images? I thought I read the Wiki doesn't stay up to date, compared to the SVN. [takes a lot of effort to update the wiki, I think that's what I read] *entertains the idea of helping*
But, maybe maxwell? is almost done...

I tried RC1 but, not sure if I installed it correctly. It played in english, but one of the first CGs I encountered was untranslated. Maybe right after the opening... Is that supposed to be like that?
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » February 11th, 2009, 12:18 am

Is that the one where the text appears across the screen and she pulls out her Di-Sword? Then yeah, that's not supposed to be translated.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » February 14th, 2009, 6:17 am

i seem to be missing some cgs , any help please?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 14th, 2009, 7:08 am

Release Candidate for a reason. I believe they also have their SVN repo to report bugs on.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » February 14th, 2009, 7:50 am

Xamdou wrote:i seem to be missing some cgs , any help please?

You need at least two playthroughs to get all the CGs, one of the 'important' (lol) factors is that you need to choose that you dig chicks with classes early on for some CG(s?) later on and the opposite for another version of them. There was a walkthrough with which triggers to pick to get all the CGs in two playthroughs but don't have the URL.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xamdou » February 14th, 2009, 7:51 am

Phlebas wrote:

You need at least two playthroughs to get all the CGs, one of the 'important' (lol) factors is that you need to choose that you dig chicks with classes early on for some CG(s?) later on and the opposite for another version of them. There was a walkthrough with which triggers to pick to get all the CGs in two playthroughs but don't have the URL.
i see , thanks
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 14th, 2009, 8:05 am

Xamdou wrote:
Phlebas wrote:

i see , thanks

AH, I thought you meant ACTUALLY missing, as in from the game itself. Haa.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » February 14th, 2009, 8:18 am

Mkilbride wrote:
Xamdou wrote:
Phlebas wrote:[quote="Xamdou"]i seem to be missing some cgs , any help please?

i see , thanks

AH, I thought you meant ACTUALLY missing, as in from the game itself. Haa.[/quote]lol , thats why i dont understand your post , haha
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Andoru » February 19th, 2009, 7:43 am

man there close, the translation wiki has it at 99.99/100% I'm looking forward to this game after reading the manga.
Andoru
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 7:47 am

Andoru wrote:man there close, the translation wiki has it at 99.99/100% I'm looking forward to this game after reading the manga.

Man, reading it in another Media always ruins it :P

It's like the Fate / Stay Anime. It's OK, but if you've read the Visual Novel first, it won't compare. :P

Also, they've been that 99.99/100% status since the Release Candidate. :P

Their SVN also hasn't been updated in quite awhile. I figure they'd taking a(well deserved) break and will come back with a finished patch sometime in Q2(That's my prediction, at least)

I can't wait either, it looks so good. It has no H-Content, which is odd for me to read it, but it's from the guys who made Saya no Uta, so it's got me sold(and I hear it's Ecchi HEAVY)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Moogy » February 19th, 2009, 9:34 pm

C;H project is finished. If somebody comes along who wants to redo all of the image editing, we'll bump the progress up to 100% I guess.

RC1 is pretty much the final thing, so have at it.
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Really? Why call it a RC1 then? That makes people think it's just the first and not the final. :P

But the RC1 doesn't even patch everything correctly lol.

Geeze...I guess I was spoiled by Mirror Moons translations.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Moogy » February 19th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Well, it's a Release Candidate and no one has complained about anything in it, so there you go. It's a release.

What do you mean by not patching correctly? Ignoring a few situational complaints, there shouldn't be anything wrong with the installation process either. Just because it doesn't use a fancy NSIS installer doesn't mean it's not correct...
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 10:56 pm

Well the instructions are abit...vague.

Also, once installed, text is translated, but not the menu's or any images, it seems you have to manually insert them or something, to which no one has shown or told me how to do. Just saying... call it "Final Release", instead of RC1.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Moogy » February 20th, 2009, 3:18 am

Oh yeah, we still need to fix the path error. It extracts the CGs to \cg\cg\ or something, just move them up a directory.

Guess I'll bug TinFoil about that and make a new archive later.
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Unkind » February 20th, 2009, 11:15 am

Moogy wrote:It extracts the CGs to \cg\cg\ or something, just move them up a directory.

and a giant thanks to you sir
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Phlebas » February 20th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Mkilbride wrote:
Andoru wrote:man there close, the translation wiki has it at 99.99/100% I'm looking forward to this game after reading the manga.

Man, reading it in another Media always ruins it :P

In this case particularly; the anime is just a piss-poor adaptation, but the manga (from what I read of it) seems like a much shortened and alternate version filled with spoilers for the game from the get-go. It's pretty much a different approach for those who've played the game I'd say, definitely not something you should read before VN.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » February 23rd, 2009, 6:58 pm

Is it normal that some parts of the game are still untranslated (like the opening scene where Taku lies on the ground and Rimi comes to him)?
What I mean are those passages where the text is shown not as real text, but rather as images (I hope you know what I mean).

Also, Taku's room is strange... the screen is split and it's like you're having two screens with the exact same content next to each other, plus only in his room the colors are kind of... wrong, as if there is a virus or something.
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby Moogy » February 24th, 2009, 2:20 am

Takumi's room is rendered in 3D. Upgrade your video card.

The overlay text isn't translated because it's stored in movie files.
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 24th, 2009, 2:56 am

I moved the CG's up like you said, and the menu's and all were translated. Was great...then I started the game. Now the game isn't translated . . .?

EDIT:

Ok, fixed that. Any reason I get alot of pauses? I didn't at the start, but now during some conversations, it freezes for a like 5-10 seconds...just started happening like an hour in. Like I click and I click, but nothing happens, then like 10-15 seconds later, it finally switches.

Ok, now it happened about 5-7 times during the chat with yer sister near the start. Talks for a few sentences, or just one, then freezes for 10, and resumes. Can I somehow fix this? lol. It's frustrating as hell. I looked at the Task Manager during these times and it wildly fluxes to 23% of my total CPU!(3.4GHZ Quad here), then down to 2-3, then 0 for abit(when it's frozen it seems), and once the pause is over, it goes back up to around 7-10%.

I saved and exited the game, it came up with a "Chaoshead.exe" is crashing thing, you know, the norm. So I restarted it, closed it after I got to menu, no error. Opened again, went into game, played fine for about a minute, reverted to constant pauses...I saved, exited, Chaoshead.exe" crash thing again. Very odd and frustrating.

Further testing seems it only happens when the Main Char is talking to someone.

It's making the game unplayable, it's making a scene that should take 5, take 15.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects