Princess Nightmare ... vampires!

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Princess Nightmare ... vampires!

Unread postby X-Calibar » January 15th, 2009, 6:28 pm

PC opening
< watch in HD >A new visual novel is getting translated by Otome Eternal... No H-scenes in this one.
Anyone looking forward to this? Image editing is already finished so I'm joining the project to help as an editor...

A vampire girl takes the lead role... I think this will be a fun change of pace :O
EDIT: New summary, this one is from play-asia...
play-asia.com wrote:Princess Nightmare is a text based adventure about Litoru Vampalaire, a hundred and fourteen year old vampire girl who leaves her home country Transylvania with her father and elder brother in order to escape from being assassinated. After much traveling, they arrived in Japan. With her father's permission, Litoru entered a night school in and began making friends.

Just when she is enjoying school life like a normal fourteen year old girl,she is involved in ploys devised by people and demons who aims at depleting the vampire race and gaining their power. To escape from this battle unscathed, her family and she must choose the right options and utilize their full powers as vampires.

Here's the old summary from HimeyaShop :
HimeyaShop.com wrote:Little is a vampire girl. Radou treats her like her older brother and Brado is like her father, though they are not blood-related. One day, their hiding place is found by vampire hunters and they are forced to get out of a town. Where they arrive is Japan. They sleep at an old house during the daytime and act as vampires at night. Little meets a boy and longs for human life. Radou denies it, but Brado allows her to join a school. She makes friends and enjoys her school life. But one day, a messenger comes to their place and tells them to go back to the devil world....

http://www.rikkaidai.net/otomeeternal/pn_main.php
Last edited by X-Calibar on February 10th, 2009, 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » January 15th, 2009, 7:44 pm

The summary didn't interest me but... how could they name the main character "Little"? :lol:

It's refreshing that the main character is female though, maybe i will try it because of that.

Good luck with the project.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 15th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Hmmm..... I'll wait and see. If the story is better than the actual synopsis, then I'll check it out, otherwise..... not likely. Good luck with your work though. Will you be updating this thread to report the news or it's up to us to check the link every now and then? Just asking.
Edit:
1331st post! Woooo!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby X-Calibar » January 15th, 2009, 9:48 pm

@abscess - I'll probably try to keep this thread updated with any good news I have to offer :D

Sorry about the old summary... Keep in mind the quote was from HimeyaShop, not something from Otome Eternal. I've since replaced the old summary with a new one, and once there's an official translation I'll change it again.

On the topic of my HimeyaShop quote...
Here's a comparison of their translation vs Insani's.
HimeyaShop wrote:Endless rain... falling on "Fuin" city controlled by automatic battle machines. He arrives at a desolate building, which used to be a "planetarium". He meets a girl named "Yumemi", a breaking robot, there. She is a "planetarian" and waiting for visitors for thirty years. What does he think about under the artificial starry sky? And what will happen to "Yumemi" in the end...?

Compared to Insani's translation...
The unceasing Rain──
The 『sealed city』,
abandoned 30 years ago after a sudden biochemical warhead strike.
The uninhabited ruins,
ruled over only by autonomous battle drones.
The man came to this place,
finding shelter inside a tall building as he grew exhausted,
and there he came across
a planetarium,
a room that once filled the hearts of men
with the wonders of all the stars in all the sky.
And there, he met a young woman
whose name was 「Reverie」.
A member of the planetarium's help staff
who had continued to wait for customers for over 30 years;
a broken robot──
Entreated by 「Reverie」,
he lost track of time as he repaired
the nonfunctional planetarium projector.
The continuous Rain.
Those quiet days spent with 「Reverie」.
A long-lost nostalgia that began to arise in the man's heart.
What will he think about this sky of manmade stars?
And what is the fate of this 「Reverie」 of a little planet?
Last edited by X-Calibar on January 15th, 2009, 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 15th, 2009, 10:05 pm

The current summary for it makes me want to vomit and gouge my eyes out. It's so bad, it looks generic with that summary. Hope it's much better. :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » January 15th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Mkilbride wrote:The current summary for it makes me want to vomit and gouge my eyes out. It's so bad, it looks generic with that summary. Hope it's much better. :P

;_; try reloading the page
And a disclaimer... This thread is unofficial news, and not endorsed by Otome Eternal! So don't blame them for my mistakes :x
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Gothicvision » January 15th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Im glad to see the project keeps going, im really longing to see what Karin Entertainment brings out this time.
Being Animamundi: Dark Alchemist on my top VN list, i believe Princess Nightmare might have a good potential..i dunno..i wish i could read japanese >_> This waiting is killing me!!

Although let me guess..like Animamundi, i bet this one is targeted at female audiences aswell.. not many games have a female character as main protagonist..although VNdatabase doesnt tag it as a shounen ai..straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange..

ah well, bring more gothic fantasy stories!
Gothicvision
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ningyo » January 30th, 2009, 9:42 am

Yes, Princess Nightmare is for girls - but there is no shounen-ai like in Animamundi ;)

And don't worry, there is a reason behind Little's strange name. It's kind of cute once you get to know what it is.
Ningyo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Undream » February 2nd, 2009, 5:36 am

The story looks hopelessly generic...and no h-scenes to bot...
still, i think i could give it a change (more out of boredom than anything)

also... how much shounen-ai has animamundi?
'been interested in playing that game for a while now...
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » February 10th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Hmm.. I don't think it sounds so generic. I haven't played a vampire game, a girl as the main character at that. Who has to deal with vampire relations, dealing with blending in with normal humans till all hell breaks loose, avoid being hunted and she's supposed to be hundreds of years old lol
Looks like she has to deal with everything from werewolves, other vampires, hunters and who knows... Sounds like it could be fun to me :P
Guess, I'll know more eventually...

I am kinda disappointed the engine uses Flash though. It looks a lot better than the other Flash VNs I've played though, but oh well.
Oh, and I loved the package the game came in lol
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ningyo » February 17th, 2009, 8:09 am

I didn't find it all that generic when playing it. Apart from the usual VN/anime tropes, that is. (They have the usual student festival play and all that.)

And as for what she has to deal with, it has vampires, hunters, werewolves, crazy scientists, demon princes, ghosts, a Frankenstein's monster-kind-of-thing, transforming plushies...... and a school boy.

It's no Nasu, but I enjoyed it :)
Ningyo
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects