MB, MBR and MBAC Bug Report Thread

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MB, MBR and MBAC Bug Report Thread

Unread postby Message » November 27th, 2008, 5:54 am

This is a report thread for all the bugs, crashes and other technical problems you may find in Melty Blood, Melty Blood ReACT and Melty Blood Act Cadenza, both the trials and the full versions.

Please state:
- The game(s) the bug exists in, and which version(s) you're using
- A full description of the problem: Describe the situation, the problem itself and the causes/effects that you can recognize.
- Your operating system, type of video card and relevant driver/DirectX versions.

NOTE - Before you post a bug or technical error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.

Current versions [2009-06-06]:
- Melty Blood Trial English v1.0
- Melty Blood ReACT Trial English v1.0
- Melty Blood Act Cadenza Trial English v1.2
- Melty Blood English v2.1
- Melty Blood ReACT English v2.0
- Melty Blood Act Cadenza English v1.1
Last edited by Message on January 1st, 2009, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby Irysa » November 27th, 2008, 12:36 pm

A few things I'd like to point out.

This patch does NOT work with the stage unlock patch.

The installer cannot install over the english files (ie, it can't reinstall itself, it relies on pulling the original 6p files instead of dumping the edited version on top), and uninstalling deletes all your MBAC files, so there is no way to "revert" back to the original (despite the deceptive "uninstall mbac english exe") short of completely reinstalling your game.

Replacing the exe will cause this patch to stop working.
Irysa
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 27th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Irysa wrote:The installer cannot install over the english files (ie, it can't reinstall itself, it relies on pulling the original 6p files instead of dumping the edited version on top), and uninstalling deletes all your MBAC files, so there is no way to "revert" back to the original (despite the deceptive "uninstall mbac english exe") short of completely reinstalling your game.

MB* English are designed to be games in themselves, as such there is no way to "un-patch" an installation. Also it's as designed that reinstalling the same version of MBAC English will make it ask for the DVD: It's in repair mode. To make sure that all required files are present and working it will (re)copy them from the DVD.

Irysa wrote:Replacing the exe will cause this patch to stop working.

That's rather obvious... :roll:

Unread postby Irysa » November 27th, 2008, 10:32 pm

It was more elaboration on the fact that the stage patch relies on replacing the exe.
Irysa
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby animefanzmg » November 28th, 2008, 2:29 am

Im getting some graphic glitches since i installed the english version of V.b . i also got them with the English origional melty blood but not the jap version b
there are a bunch of thin horizontal lines through the characters and backgrounds

I have an 8800 gt graphics card
e 4500 processor 2.2 duel core
2 gigs ram
XP pro, Service pack 2

nv4_disp.dll is my display driver.
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » November 28th, 2008, 2:46 am

animefanzmg wrote:Im getting some graphic glitches since i installed the english version of V.b . i also got them with the English origional melty blood but not the jap version b
there are a bunch of thin horizontal lines through the characters and backgrounds

I have an 8800 gt graphics card
e 4500 processor 2.2 duel core
2 gigs ram
XP pro, Service pack 2

nv4_disp.dll is my display driver.

If you have AF and FSAA enabled in your global video settings, disable it for Melty Blood. If this doesn't work, post a screenshot and tell us what verison of the drivers you are using (Ex, 169.12)
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby animefanzmg » November 28th, 2008, 4:10 am

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Main Memory: 2048MB RAM

VGA: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
VRAM: 512.0 MB
Display Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6921
Display Mode: 1600 x 1200 (16 bit) (85Hz)

Vertex Shader Version: 3.0
Pixel Shader Version: 3.0
* 32-bit color textures are supported.

heres everything melty says about my pc.

I didnt see full scale anti aliasing in my nvidea options, is the another name for it.
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Anklt45 » November 28th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Windows XP SP3
core 2 duo e8400 3.60 ghz
radeon HD4870
2 gbs ram ddr2 800mhz

Having a "little" issue here, although I suspect is because of the drivers (ati is known for their BAD driver support).

If I select 60 fps as "Game Wait" in detailed config (well, that's the default), the game runs internally at 48 fps. If I select more than 64, it runs at 64. This really screws up combos and stuff, as the game runs 4 frames quicker. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, and I don't know if it's a drivers issue or a patch issue, but I really doubt is the later. I'm about to change to nvidia :(
This game ran as it should with my old agp x1600. Really frustrating.

Bye, hope it helps.

EDIT: I just found a workaround, I don't know if it may cause any problems, but ticking the "Increase CPU Priority Level" seems to fix this for me. And I don't have any cpu eating background programs. Weird.
Anklt45
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » November 29th, 2008, 1:13 am

animefanzmg wrote:
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Main Memory: 2048MB RAM

VGA: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
VRAM: 512.0 MB
Display Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6921
Display Mode: 1600 x 1200 (16 bit) (85Hz)

Vertex Shader Version: 3.0
Pixel Shader Version: 3.0
* 32-bit color textures are supported.

heres everything melty says about my pc.

I didnt see full scale anti aliasing in my nvidea options, is the another name for it.

The nVidia options are located in Display in Control Panel and have their own tab. You can see these in the the following images (I'm on Windows XP x64, but the settings should be similar).
These are for changing the global settings.

You can view how change the settings for individual programs in the following images

I haven't tested this myself, but maybe this'll help.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ArchDemon » November 29th, 2008, 1:23 am

Irysa wrote:It was more elaboration on the fact that the stage patch relies on replacing the exe.

If you still want to use that stage patch (unsupported), just rename that exe to something else like mbacPC-stage_patch.exe and run it. It 'should' work fine, but there's no guarantee. If it doesn't work, then you could try renaming the English exe to something else then rename the stage patch exe to mbacPC.exe (not recommended). Other than that, I wouldn't have a clue.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby animefanzmg » November 29th, 2008, 6:02 am

hmm ok i just tried that but it still doesnt work i tried turning off all the settings that say anti ailising that i could, but same thing. anything else i could try?
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Akin » November 29th, 2008, 6:58 am

animefanzmg wrote:hmm ok i just tried that but it still doesnt work i tried turning off all the settings that say anti ailising that i could, but same thing. anything else i could try?

Modifying settings didn't work for me either. But in Act Cadanza you can just press F12 and you don't have to see the lines of death any more. =P
Akin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby animefanzmg » November 29th, 2008, 3:06 pm

cool it works i thought for sure it would be one of the press Alt and f4 things ha ha
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » December 7th, 2008, 4:36 am

using melty blood act cadenza english version on windows xp 32 bit sp3, directx 9.0c november release
using a core 2 duo 6600 at 2.4 Ghz
3 Gb 800Mhz ram
nvidia 9600m GT 512Mb ddr3

the problem is the game speed is considerably slower than the Japanese version.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DevilKingBaal » February 28th, 2009, 5:28 pm

I've got some problems with Act Cadenza Ver.B.

-Apparently when the game tries to load Nrvnqsr's level (The Alley Way?) the game stops functioning and kicks me off.
-The background of Millennium Castle has mysteriously vanished.
-Part of Sion's level (The Building or whatever) is black inside of the ground.
-Wallachia appears for a few attacks but otherwise he is invisible for the entire battle.
-A few cutscenes in the Arcade mode don't have voice overs (Although this is realatively minor.)
DevilKingBaal
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby DevilKingBaal » March 2nd, 2009, 4:14 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:I've got some problems with Act Cadenza Ver.B.

-Apparently when the game tries to load Nrvnqsr's level (The Alley Way?) the game stops functioning and kicks me off.
-The background of Millennium Castle has mysteriously vanished.
-Part of Sion's level (The Building or whatever) is black inside of the ground.
-Wallachia appears for a few attacks but otherwise he is invisible for the entire battle.
-A few cutscenes in the Arcade mode don't have voice overs (Although this is realatively minor.)

Sorry, forgot the other stuff.

330 Intel Celeron
D Processor 330
2.66 GHz
256K L2 Cache
533 MHz FSB
Intel Extreme Graphics 3D

This is basically all I know about it.
DevilKingBaal
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Arkane » March 25th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Arcade mode in Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver. B doesn't work for me.

It plays the first cut-scene for the character I pick, then before it goes to the fighting, the game crashes.. I really don't know why.

I've tried redownloading it off a different source, and the same thing happens.
Arkane
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arkane » April 3rd, 2009, 8:56 pm

Am I being ignored? I need help...
Arkane
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » April 3rd, 2009, 9:23 pm

Are you saying you downloaded the game or the patch from a different source? Either way, its illegal. Its against the law to download the game and its against the rules to talk about warez.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Jenia » April 18th, 2009, 1:48 pm

I've given my copy of MBAC to a friend of mine, oddly, though, the game does not start for him.
"Application could not start. Thunk32.dll is corrupt or missing." is the error message that shows.
I tried running the same copy on other systems. It works fine - both on windows and even (GASP!) WINE, so the game's fine.
He tried downloading the DLL and putting it in the system32 folder, but it had no effect.
I thought, maybe the DLL is supposed to be somewhere else? So I searched several computers with WinXP for the DLL on which my copy was tested, and came up with nothing.
Any ideas?

...Drat. I forgot to check his specs before posting this. Well, his OS is WinXP.
If no one has any ideas, I'll update with all specs later.
Jenia
Might just like this board

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat