some questions ^^;;

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

some questions ^^;;

Unread postby miszou » February 19th, 2007, 3:21 am

Hey all, sorry if I ask something already on the board, I read through most topics, but maybe not careful enough, I kept a few question.

I just couldn't wait, so I took my work laptop home and installed the game (MB and MBR)

Since I still have to buy an AC controller, I'm still playing with the keyboard, suffering the problems of it, anybody got any tips when playing with a keyboard, to make certain moves easier, or possible at all? (apart from getting a better controller, I know that :P)

Second question is more specific, I only recently installed, so I only played with ciel yet. When I played MB, it was fairly easy executing her moves, the one where she trhows a knife, which you can repeat 3 times by repeating 214A. In MBR however I could not execute the move in the same way, and very difficult to execute it at all, i need to switch between 214B and 214A to repeat it. Since I know they did some balancing and changing, my question is: Is it still possible to execute the repetitive move the same same way in MBR as in MB, if not, what is different? I tried the 214B 214A in MB, but it didn't worked there, so maybe they made it harder to execute. I was just wondering what exactly is the difference with this move in MBR compared to MB . Sorry for the long explanation :P

Last question, anybody here any good with shielding? Its just so hard, maybe someone has some tips for me :]

EDIT:
I tried some more with ciel and the throwing of knives/swords and it seems certain routes (of repeating 4A/B/C) will execute while other routes will not. I read in a game faq about there being different routes, but they never mentioned that only such a specific route will work, rather, different routes just mean a different area covert by the knives, and that it was possible to end with a 4th B. So I was wondering if this is a problem of my keyboard, not being able to get all signals (which is a problem with some other moves) or that react just only uses this routes to make it more difficult. MB can handle it fine, but it wouldn't be weird for it to be different in MBR. I think I will go try the moves in the AC to see if it is the same :] But if someone knows about it, maybe he/she can enlighten me :]
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Eriol-kun » February 20th, 2007, 5:58 am

I'm fairly new with the game (Only a couple of months, two?) but I think a suggestion is better than none. =).

I don't use a controller, and in fact, am not planning to get one anytime soon. The AC keys are quite comfortable in my opinion, with the keyboard. A controller would pack things too far away in my case. :S. I think all moves are possible with the keyboard (if you have nimble enough fingers in some cases, that is), they're just a little "harder" to say something close--.... Anyways, in MBR, I tend to use AC with the keyboard even though I don't have a controller, grabs are easy since there's a button assigned to it (J) and Heat as well (L) so I have no trouble at all.

Hmm, I played MB only for the first day, (if you have MBR, why play MB?)... But I've been able to do the knife-throwing combo in MBR with the same key. Not with the A variation though, she throws a flaming knife there... the B variation I've been able to vary into different ways, sometimes you can throw really separate knives, sometimes you can throw them close, but I've been able to do the combo in three separate parts.

Shielding? The key to shielding is timing. It's really hard for me too, but you've just gotta time it right... know the basic attacks of the enemies and the most effective ways to block/evade/counter their attacks... it just takes practice... Anyways I just shield when I need to block EX skills (e.g. Nero's Crow Rain thing... it blocks them all with a single shield and doesn't chip away your life) or when I do a Last Arc (Block any attack with D in Blood Heat, depends on your character if you can do it on the air/ground or both, mostly ground... e.g. Ciel's is Air...)

Hope that helps~
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby puKKa » February 21st, 2007, 1:23 am

I've played mbr for some time now. I only play with keyboard since I feel most comfortable with it. circle moves are slightly harder to excecute but the general control you get with a keyboard vs. gamepad overweights it a lot on my part since I have trouble with gamepads mostly ^^

shielding really depends on knowing what your opponent is going to do, so you read ahead, if he is spamming one kind of attack all the time, try shielding the first attack and counter since you hould be able to know when the attack comes. And ofc as eriol-kun said, timing. I've recently tried to shield as much as I can to get used to it but a failed shield is mostly punished ^__^
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby miszou » February 21st, 2007, 5:47 am

thanks for the tips ^___^

I think it is the keyboards fault maybe I can't do a few moves. I will buy an AC controller (they're fairly cheap in Japan) when I go to a shop having one. I haven't been to the arcade yet to try it out, but I think I will go tomorrow after work, I should be able to confirm it. Since you can use the seperate ways of throwing knives and it is the same in MB for you, it must be my keyboards problem as expected.

Btw, I don't play MB, but since I tried MB first before installing MBR I noticed the difference in difficulty of using Ciels knive throwing.

About the shielding, I guess I have to get some practise with that ^^ Now i can play at home at least I don't need to spent 50 yen all time I want to try something out. The first levels on the AC are easy to try things out, but the enemy does not really attack much. Later levels they do attack alot, but then they are to difficult to practice things ><
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Eriol-kun » February 27th, 2007, 3:53 am

Haha, it must be fun to play MB at an arcade. Wow, there must be lots of talented players. *is jealous*.

Anyways, there's always practice mode to just "try out stuff", and it's neat since you can even make the second player be controlled by someone else (on your keyboard or in Netplay) or just do systematic situations in the game. I use it often to try out combos (mostly air, I like those and they're fairly easy to execute with an AC control and deal okay damage)

If you want computer practice with other MB players (like me, hehehe) there's always Hamachi channels available~. XD
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » February 27th, 2007, 4:40 am

yeah, the arcade is much fun ^___^ although sometimes its hard to just fight since they are all versus machines and sometimes someone joins me when I', playing and kicks my ass really bad, the Japanese are something else with these games, if you want challenges, just go to a Japanese arcade ^^.

I tried a hori arcade controller with Sanwa stick and modded sanwa buttons, it rocked! As soon as I tried it out I even beat the arcade mode with ciel ^^ (only normal dif tho :P), so it plays a lot better then just keyboard for me :] Gonna buy my self one of these toghter with some sanwa buttons and a little mod for the stick :]

about the ciel throwing move, I really have to execute with with 214B 4B 4B or 214B 4B 4A 4B 4B to make her throw more XD I guess I can do it with other paths as well, but a lot harder, guess the timing might differ, to get the last sword out I always have to switch to an 4A in between. The timing of other routes may be a little bit different and less suitable. In MB (not react) how ever I can only do it an entire different way O_O Just me being weird? or does anyone else experiences this too. Might be I'm just to bad in the game since I just started and don't have time to play a lot.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat