That was touching... (Spoilers)

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

That was touching... (Spoilers)

Unread postby Dragona » August 3rd, 2008, 3:49 am

It's a shame Hakuoro had to be sealed up. It's a sad ending...
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » August 3rd, 2008, 6:51 pm

Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 3rd, 2008, 11:26 pm

Einherjar wrote:Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...

???
I don't understand... where did you get that the game made Hakuoro's return non-canon? Every character in the ending "felt" some sort of.... thing.... when he popped out again, I think Aruruw said something like Otoo-san and Kamyu Oji-sama and there is no other character that those two would refer to with those kind of honorifics (or whatever they are called).

Dragona wrote:
It's a shame Hakuoro had to be sealed up. It's a sad ending...

You don't have to spoiler-tag in a thread that has *spoiler* in it's title :)
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Einherjar » August 3rd, 2008, 11:36 pm

abscess wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...

???
I don't understand... where did you get that the game made Hakuoro's return non-canon? Every character in the ending "felt" some sort of.... thing.... when he popped out again, I think Aruruw said something like Otoo-san and Kamyu Oji-sama and there is no other character that those two would refer to with those kind of honorifics (or whatever they are called).

I didn't say it's not canon, just the developer made it so vague it pisses me off. Like you said, "felt" some sort of.... thing.... Real logical. They don't even clearly show you the ending.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 4th, 2008, 3:07 am

Einherjar wrote:
abscess wrote:

???

I didn't say it's not canon, just the developer made it so vague it pisses me off. Like you said, "felt" some sort of.... thing.... Real logical. They don't even clearly show you the ending.

:D That's so true. At first I thought that the final scene with Eruruw was another of those cheap tricks of trying to break the fourth wall to address the player in a more direct manner (damn! how I hate those cheap tricks...). But after thinking it a little, Aruruw and Kamyu (and I think also Karura, dunno if Touka too) even express verbally that they felt Hakuoro. I would have liked to see Hakuoro come back but as a crippled guy, I dunno why! :lol:
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Inverted » August 4th, 2008, 6:10 am

abscess wrote:Aruruw and Kamyu

Not just those but Kuuya and Sakuya too . Even Urtori feels it.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dragona » August 6th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » August 6th, 2008, 5:50 pm

Dragona wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?

A few people said so, but I wouldn't think because:
1. In the anime (yes, anime) the Ice man (was it? it's been so long) looks exactly like Hakuoro, although the hair's a bit shorter.
2. When Hakuoro was brought to the village, they treat him like a stranger in the beginning. I would expect something like "what happened to you otou-san" or something. Instead, they acted as if they didn't know him in the beginning.
3. I thought their father died quite some time ago.
4. Hakuoro is the only person in that village without ears and tails I believe.
There are more things I would like to say, but I'll say the most important. It would be disgusting if Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter. I can't be so >_>
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 6th, 2008, 10:12 pm

No;
if you looked at the scene in both anime and game where it shows the Ice Man's daughter (the "Ice Man" being Hakuoro, back hundreds if not thousands of years before the current time in anime/game), the daughter has ears similar to Mikoto's, not to Eruruw's. Most likely, Eruruw is a distant descendant of Hakuoro.

Still a little weird when you think about it, but nowhere near Oedipus levels.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 7th, 2008, 10:42 am

Cat Megex wrote:

No;
if you looked at the scene in both anime and game where it shows the Ice Man's daughter (the "Ice Man" being Hakuoro, back hundreds if not thousands of years before the current time in anime/game), the daughter has ears similar to Mikoto's, not to Eruruw's. Most likely, Eruruw is a distant descendant of Hakuoro.

So... incest through the time?
He didn't do his daughter but the daughter of his daughter's daughter?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » August 7th, 2008, 11:19 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:

No;

So... incest through the time?
He didn't do his daughter but the daughter of his daughter's daughter?

Yes! :D or something like that... more like her grand-grand-grand.........................................-grand daughter or something I believe.
abscess

Unread postby Dragona » August 7th, 2008, 10:48 pm

I'm amazed that the key kept getting passed down from descendent after descendent. Ya think it would've been lost after all those hundreds of years.
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 8th, 2008, 4:59 am

Dragona wrote:I'm amazed that the key kept getting passed down from descendent after descendent. Ya think it would've been lost after all those hundreds of years.

I think it's probably something like a family heirloom, or something like that, and so is generally taken fairly good care of.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » August 8th, 2008, 8:58 am

If Mikoto's baby survived, then all she? had to remember her parents by was that "key". Besides agreeing with Cat Megex!, the key is also kind of odd. Her people probably didn't master techniques or any way to create something quite like it. So I imagine, it's not something people would just toss away...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby arokan » September 13th, 2008, 11:45 am

She is his descendant, but not daughter.
- Hair ring passed down the family.
- The 'experimental subjects' populate the entire continent now, something that hard to do when so few are implied to exist at the time of iceman's 'escape'.
- It wouldn't be right.
arokan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby SolarAdept » April 19th, 2009, 12:39 pm

Weren't both his daughter and Mikoto chopped up after he was caught?
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 19th, 2009, 3:17 pm

SolarAdept wrote:
Weren't both his daughter and Mikoto chopped up after he was caught?

Off the top of my head, (could be wrong..)
I know Mikoto was dissected ... but I believe the child was just being studied. After all Mikoto was just another experiment... While the child was much more important. Can't say how the child survives if he/she does at all...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat