That was touching... (Spoilers)

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Dragona
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 15
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 5:02 pm

That was touching... (Spoilers)

Unread post by Dragona » August 3rd, 2008, 3:49 am

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » August 3rd, 2008, 6:51 pm

Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...

User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread post by abscess » August 3rd, 2008, 11:26 pm

Einherjar wrote:Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...
???
I don't understand... where did you get that the game made Hakuoro's return non-canon? Every character in the ending "felt" some sort of.... thing.... when he popped out again, I think Aruruw said something like Otoo-san and Kamyu Oji-sama and there is no other character that those two would refer to with those kind of honorifics (or whatever they are called).
Dragona wrote:
► Show Spoiler
You don't have to spoiler-tag in a thread that has *spoiler* in it's title :)
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » August 3rd, 2008, 11:36 pm

abscess wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...
???
I don't understand... where did you get that the game made Hakuoro's return non-canon? Every character in the ending "felt" some sort of.... thing.... when he popped out again, I think Aruruw said something like Otoo-san and Kamyu Oji-sama and there is no other character that those two would refer to with those kind of honorifics (or whatever they are called).
I didn't say it's not canon, just the developer made it so vague it pisses me off. Like you said, "felt" some sort of.... thing.... Real logical. They don't even clearly show you the ending.

User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread post by abscess » August 4th, 2008, 3:07 am

Einherjar wrote:
abscess wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Well, he did come back in the end, although the game made it look like it's not canon at all...
???
I don't understand... where did you get that the game made Hakuoro's return non-canon? Every character in the ending "felt" some sort of.... thing.... when he popped out again, I think Aruruw said something like Otoo-san and Kamyu Oji-sama and there is no other character that those two would refer to with those kind of honorifics (or whatever they are called).
I didn't say it's not canon, just the developer made it so vague it pisses me off. Like you said, "felt" some sort of.... thing.... Real logical. They don't even clearly show you the ending.
:D That's so true. At first I thought that the final scene with Eruruw was another of those cheap tricks of trying to break the fourth wall to address the player in a more direct manner (damn! how I hate those cheap tricks...). But after thinking it a little, Aruruw and Kamyu (and I think also Karura, dunno if Touka too) even express verbally that they felt Hakuoro. I would have liked to see Hakuoro come back but as a crippled guy, I dunno why! :lol:
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

User avatar
Inverted
Crack Desu!
Posts: 263
Joined: February 2nd, 2008, 7:25 pm

Unread post by Inverted » August 4th, 2008, 6:10 am

abscess wrote: Aruruw and Kamyu
Not just those but Kuuya and Sakuya too . Even Urtori feels it.

Dragona
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 15
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Unread post by Dragona » August 6th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » August 6th, 2008, 5:50 pm

Dragona wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?
A few people said so, but I wouldn't think because:
1. In the anime (yes, anime) the Ice man (was it? it's been so long) looks exactly like Hakuoro, although the hair's a bit shorter.
2. When Hakuoro was brought to the village, they treat him like a stranger in the beginning. I would expect something like "what happened to you otou-san" or something. Instead, they acted as if they didn't know him in the beginning.
3. I thought their father died quite some time ago.
4. Hakuoro is the only person in that village without ears and tails I believe.
There are more things I would like to say, but I'll say the most important. It would be disgusting if Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter. I can't be so >_>

Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US
Contact:

Unread post by Cat Megex » August 6th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Dragona wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?
No;
► Show Spoiler

zweiterversuch
$dead
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread post by zweiterversuch » August 7th, 2008, 10:42 am

Cat Megex wrote:
Dragona wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?
No;
► Show Spoiler
So... incest through the time?
He didn't do his daughter but the daughter of his daughter's daughter?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread post by abscess » August 7th, 2008, 11:19 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:
Dragona wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eruruw is Hakuoro's daughter, right?
No;
► Show Spoiler
So... incest through the time?
He didn't do his daughter but the daughter of his daughter's daughter?
Yes! :D or something like that... more like her grand-grand-grand.........................................-grand daughter or something I believe.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Dragona
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 15
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Unread post by Dragona » August 7th, 2008, 10:48 pm

I'm amazed that the key kept getting passed down from descendent after descendent. Ya think it would've been lost after all those hundreds of years.

Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US
Contact:

Unread post by Cat Megex » August 8th, 2008, 4:59 am

Dragona wrote:I'm amazed that the key kept getting passed down from descendent after descendent. Ya think it would've been lost after all those hundreds of years.
I think it's probably something like a family heirloom, or something like that, and so is generally taken fairly good care of.

User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

Unread post by X-Calibar » August 8th, 2008, 8:58 am

If Mikoto's baby survived, then all she? had to remember her parents by was that "key". Besides agreeing with Cat Megex!, the key is also kind of odd. Her people probably didn't master techniques or any way to create something quite like it. So I imagine, it's not something people would just toss away...

arokan
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 5
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 11:39 am

Unread post by arokan » September 13th, 2008, 11:45 am

She is his descendant, but not daughter.
- Hair ring passed down the family.
- The 'experimental subjects' populate the entire continent now, something that hard to do when so few are implied to exist at the time of iceman's 'escape'.
- It wouldn't be right.

User avatar
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!
Posts: 239
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Unread post by SolarAdept » April 19th, 2009, 12:39 pm

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

Unread post by X-Calibar » April 19th, 2009, 3:17 pm

SolarAdept wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Off the top of my head, (could be wrong..)
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply