Patch crashing, and other problems

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Patch crashing, and other problems

Unread postby Ryusei » July 22nd, 2008, 2:35 pm

Whenever I try to apply the patch it crashes when its processing Data1.cab.

Also there seems to be a problem when I try to install the game before patching it as well. After I try installing MaW2 or any other version the installshield stops partway and a message that begins with 1155 pops up.

I'm clueless, =/ I don't know what to do next.

Operating system: Vista

Ram: enough

MaW version: I'm using the special addition, MaW4
Ryusei
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Etoh » July 22nd, 2008, 7:08 pm

MAW2 was advertised as "win98/Me" and MAW4 is advertised as "Windows 98/Me/2000/XP", so I don't know if it is Vista compatible (I know a few older games had problems). However, I think the way you do it is that you run the MirrorMoon executable before installing the game and then insert the CD when prompted instead of installing the Japanese version and it installs and patches at the same time. Please ensure you are logged on to an account with administrator privileges and have sufficient hard disk space. You may also have to disable User Account Control, I'm not sure as I'm on XP.
Etoh
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » July 22nd, 2008, 7:28 pm

Could be bad disk. Since you said it's during the middle of installation, it couldn't be your systemlocale.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Etoh » July 22nd, 2008, 7:53 pm

That's true. If you tried copying the contents of the disk to your computer it should give an error if there is a bad sector, then you'd know that the disk needs replacing.
Etoh
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryusei » July 22nd, 2008, 8:55 pm

I checked a few other forums and I think the problem may be because my computer has trouble reading the Japanese files.

Or so it says here. hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86669&page=3

Apparently installshield error 1155 is 'Failed to complete script based install"

Anyone know how I can make my computer recognize the files? >_<

Also please bear with me if your answers bring forth more questions, I'm not great with computers.
Ryusei
Totally hardly posted

Re: Patch crashing, and other problems

Unread postby anthony_88 » September 11th, 2009, 4:03 pm

if the patch crashes when trying to copy the CD files just install the games normally and copy the maw2-english.exe and game00.dat from the patches install directory to the normal Japanese install directory and it works fine on vista, haven't play through but it is playing in English so far
anthony_88
Totally hardly posted

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat