HERE'S THE MELTY BLOOD PATCH RELEASE DATE!!!

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

HERE'S THE MELTY BLOOD PATCH RELEASE DATE!!!

Unread postby marus » February 10th, 2007, 3:10 am

Alright, the date is set, the English patch will be out on... augh, my anemia! *collapses*
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » February 10th, 2007, 9:21 am

That wasn't just slightly cruel. That was cruel beyond most human standards.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atvaark » February 10th, 2007, 1:56 pm

meh. melty blood owns. i was using Len as my main character until i just used ciel for kicks...and beated the whole game on the hardest dificulty without a single round lost. Ciel's slightly overpowered and button mash friendly...and you are a mean person, i am saddened and going to hug my kitten. evil, evil prank.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 10th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Atvaark wrote:and button mash friendly

Quoted for truth! She's the one true character for me. >_>;;

Unread postby Atvaark » March 3rd, 2007, 8:00 pm

message, you too?

i find her slightly overpowered. even more so when you actually start to understand what your button mashing sequences do, and start using them when most apropriate. oh wait..that's when it stops being button mashing, right?

*doo-doo-doo-doooo!* Atvaark has learned "basic combos"*

i need to get a life.seriously i can be so freakin dumb sometimes.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 4th, 2007, 4:20 pm

You can just pishi the the currywoman with Hisui and then she's a dead bitch ;DD
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby miszou » March 5th, 2007, 2:49 am

at least with Ciel I was able to finish the arcade game :] (which was quite different then finishing the AC mode of the pc version)

I agree her being button mash friendly ^^

of course the Japanese kick my ass with ANY character they choose after joining my game, which makes it hard to practice sometimes XD I always try to go to an arcade which isn't to crowded so there is less chance of Japanese gamers joining in on the versus machines ^^;; There are still MB AC tournaments here once in a while, but I don't think I would ever be good enough to even make it through my first fight :(
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » March 5th, 2007, 5:29 am

Geez, my joke thread turned into another Ciel discussion, what's with you people!

I guess Ciel can be n00b friendly, but personally I think you can do better button mashing with Shiki than with her. Maybe that's just me.

miszou, where do you live? If you're close, there's a small arcade outside the Odakyu-Sagamihara station on the Odakyu line (it has some weird name, The Penguin or something). It's usually empty, it has a set of MB:AC machines you can play with, and in the very off chance that someone actually versus you, you should still be able to win because one of the machines has a broken joystick so they can't jump! Well, I haven't been there in almost half a year so things may have changed, but perhaps its worth checking out anyways.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 5th, 2007, 11:36 am

marus wrote:Geez, my joke thread turned into another Ciel discussion, what's with you people!

don't feed the trolls ^__^
iddqd
puKKa

Unread postby miszou » March 6th, 2007, 6:47 am

marus wrote:miszou, where do you live? If you're close, there's a small arcade outside the Odakyu-Sagamihara station on the Odakyu line (it has some weird name, The Penguin or something). It's usually empty, it has a set of MB:AC machines you can play with, and in the very off chance that someone actually versus you, you should still be able to win because one of the machines has a broken joystick so they can't jump! Well, I haven't been there in almost half a year so things may have changed, but perhaps its worth checking out anyways.

Kyoto for at least two months ^^;; But I'll go to tokyo after that, so I might check it out ^^ I hope I have at least improved to beat people when they use a broken joy stick XD. Thanks for the tip :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 6th, 2007, 11:42 am

miszou wrote:
marus wrote:miszou, where do you live? If you're close, there's a small arcade outside the Odakyu-Sagamihara station on the Odakyu line (it has some weird name, The Penguin or something). It's usually empty, it has a set of MB:AC machines you can play with, and in the very off chance that someone actually versus you, you should still be able to win because one of the machines has a broken joystick so they can't jump! Well, I haven't been there in almost half a year so things may have changed, but perhaps its worth checking out anyways.

Kyoto for at least two months ^^;; But I'll go to tokyo after that, so I might check it out ^^ I hope I have at least improved to beat people when they use a broken joy stick XD. Thanks for the tip :]

how much did you pay for the trip and what are the living costs?
iddqd
puKKa

Unread postby miszou » March 7th, 2007, 2:39 am

the trip (from europe) was about 1100 euro's for a return ticket, but could be done for 900 euro's if your lucky :]

Living expenses a about 35000 yen montly for rent and elektricity and all (not that it is cheaper since I'm officially a student in Japan, so you won't easilly get this price there if you are not). I paid 36000 yen for 3 months Keihanline train, which brings me mostly anywhere in the city if I walk somewhat.

Food can be done for maybe 2000 yen a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you eat cheap. I always eat out for dinner so if you cook yourself it might be cheaper.

And of course there are other living expense you have, like cleaning products and such, mobile phone costs (if you want one, but hey you really feel naked in Japan without one :]) this can easilly be 10000 yen a month orso, not sure.

And last the biggest living expenses: Buying games, playing arcade games, buying anime related goodies, playing karaoke, go drinking with cute Japanese ^^;; Honestly your momney is spend very easilly here.

All in all, Kyoto might be a little expensive for most countries, but if you live here a little longer you start discovering ways to save a lot of money. If you have no work here, you better save at least one thousand dollar/euro a month, preferably more if you want to do cool stuff too and eat out in nicer places (also depending on the rent you pay).
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby animefanrk2k » March 7th, 2007, 2:59 am

miszou wrote:All in all, Kyoto might be a little expensive for most countries, but if you live here a little longer you start discovering ways to save a lot of money. If you have no work here, you better save at least one thousand dollar/euro a month, preferably more if you want to do cool stuff too and eat out in nicer places (also depending on the rent you pay).

Hmm... I guess this means I won't admit how much I spent in Tokyo the last time I went... >_>

Shiki... personally, I like him for fun combos and running around the screen. XD

I personally like using Kohaku and Yumizuka though... can't figure out why... (is a big Kohaku and Yumizuka fan XD)

Oh yeah... meanie! Don't tell us the release date of the patch, if you're going to collapse from anemia. XD
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby marus » March 7th, 2007, 4:59 am

Food can be done for maybe 2000 yen a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you eat cheap.

You call that cheap? I'd faint from sheer bliss, if I could spend that kind of money just on food.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » March 7th, 2007, 5:16 am

marus wrote:
Food can be done for maybe 2000 yen a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you eat cheap.

You call that cheap? I'd faint from sheer bliss, if I could spend that kind of money just on food.

Like I said, I eat out all the time, so yes it is pretty cheap. In the 2000 yen I also include drinking and such. A cheap dinner is anywhere between 500 and 1000 yen. A cheap lunch is between 300 and 800 yen, depending if you just buy a bentoo or eat in a restaurant. So you COULD get around with maybe 1500 yen for food, but I usually spend more since I like to try out a lot. If you really only eat cheap food, or make things your self en use left over dinners for bentoo you should be able to make maybe even 1000 yen, but thats a though job.

Note that I don't spent that much money on food in my own country eventhough it's living expenses are about the same as Kyoto, so its purely based on living here and enjoying a little ^^ (trust me I worked hard to get this money, and when its gone I'm just as broke as anyone else having to eat cheap ass food at home again XD). But if you have no experience in Japan AND you eat out everyday, expect to pay at least that amount of money, I mean if you are in Japan you propably want to try all kind of foods right? If you actually live here for some time, I'm sure you can probably make it with 800 yen a day maybe?

Tokyo is probably more expensive with things, especially eating out and drinking out can be costly. Drinking out is very expensive in Japan anyway, lots of places (not even the high class places!) charge 700 yen for a beer XD Although sometimes you can get a 0.63 liter for just 500 yen, which is the cheapest you will find in a bar :]

At least most arcade games in Kyoto are 50 yen ^^ which is cheaper than Tokyo, Osaka and most other countries than Japan ^^V 50 yen for MB is so much fun ^^ Unless I versus, which gives me only 1 minute of agonizing defeat for the 50 yen :]

And I think I got a little too off topic here, but then again, looking at the the original topic, this whole thread does XD
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby animefanrk2k » March 7th, 2007, 1:02 pm

miszou wrote:At least most arcade games in Kyoto are 50 yen ^^ which is cheaper than Tokyo, Osaka and most other countries than Japan ^^V 50 yen for MB is so much fun ^^ Unless I versus, which gives me only 1 minute of agonizing defeat for the 50 yen :]

Hee hee, this reminds me of when I played this crane game thing in Akihabara and I put a 500 yen coin in thinking it was about 50 cents. XD
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby Atvaark » March 7th, 2007, 4:35 pm

that reminds me...i was sooo shocked when i passed by a local arcade in chinatown here...a melty blood arcade!!!!! there goes my next paycheck.
luckily westerners around here aren't as good as asians, so i get fair games when i go versus, hehe
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » March 7th, 2007, 5:26 pm

You know who's overpowered? Bloody white Ren/Len on the PS2 version of Act Cadenza *only version I've got*.
Bloody run across the screen while invincible and doing a move that does about a third of your freaking life that's nearly impossible to block or dodge....

As for Ciel, I always found her one of the harder characters to control. But then again, now she's one of my best....
I also considered Shiki and Nanaya to be the best for beginners, as they've got fairly simple combos and their move lists aren't as large as most of the others...

As for trips to Japan, I'm planning to go in 2009. Bit of a ways off, but yeah.
Maybe I'll know one of you guys by then :wink:
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » March 8th, 2007, 2:59 am

animefanrk2k wrote:Hee hee, this reminds me of when I played this crane game thing in Akihabara and I put a 500 yen coin in thinking it was about 50 cents. XD

auch XD

The crane games can be fairly expensive, on the other hand you can win very nice prizes, on the other hand, some crane games are nearly impossible to beat without a lot of luck (they got an impressive amount of wicked cranes games here with mechanisms take some time to figure out if your Japanese is not good enough to read the rules XD

Wish I could play some western guys too here :] although some western guys here seemed to pick up the Japanese pace and are pretty good in the arcades (although not nearly as insane as Japense players with some games).

Hyperbeast: Maybe I'll return to Japan, if you are there at the same time we could play come MB, I'm sure that in 2009 i can at least play with some more Characters then Ciel XD
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby animefanrk2k » March 8th, 2007, 6:40 am

How is the arcade one anyway? I haven't played that version, nor have I played Act Cadenza on the PS2, unfortunately.

With the 500 yen, I was able to get a Tomoyo Daidouji figure, so I was happy. ^^

Atvaark, you're SO lucky. XD
animefanrk2k
Addict

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat