Aoi's path [spoilers]

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Aoi's path [spoilers]

Unread postby fayzai » July 10th, 2008, 3:54 am

As the topic describes, I was wondering what the important choices were to get Aoi's path. As we know, failing is terrible because then you don't really find out until later if you've ended up with Lucy or Mena. And seeing as you have to play through 5 times to actually finish the game (assuming that you get ALL the cgs in one go, which you probably won't) it's already a lot of times..so I would rather not mess up. What is an important choice and are there choices I should turning down/avoiding? Thanks in advance =)
fayzai
Might just like this board

Unread postby Comazon » July 10th, 2008, 5:12 am

Hopefully I'll complete the translated walkthrough in about a day or so, but here are some pointers to get Aoi's path:

First the obvious stuff:
- Avoid the key events of everyone else (like Lucy's Date, Mena's Oven, Kitty's floor-breaking, etc).
- Talk to pretty much only her at nights.

Now perhaps not so obvious:
- Learn about her past (which you should learn after talking to her enough at nights).
- Build the large bath ASAP (probably not needed right away, but just to be on the safe side...)
- Pay attention to her watering at 5pm. A bunch of events spawn from it.

If you want even MORE help, open the spoiler (but do so at your own risk =P):
- You should be able to walk in on Aoi when she's in the bath (for the second time).
- Visit her at 5pm at the Academy when she's watering.
- Visit the church to learn of the spiritual pump.
- Build the spiritual pump.
- See her use the spiritual pump.
- Care for her when she's sick.

And if you want even more help than that, you can wait for me to finish the walkthrough. :wink:

She should become your lover somewhere in the latter half of Chapter 3, so if she's not by Chapter 4, something went wrong.
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 10th, 2008, 5:16 am

awesome :D this was much more than I expected! Thanks for coming through again with the good stuff, Comazon XD I'll be looking foward to the walkthrough =)
fayzai

Unread postby Phlebas » July 10th, 2008, 6:32 am

Missed the most important condition, this is a must to get to her path:

Pull the lever in the cafe basement.

Also the game is actually pretty lenient about talking to other people as long as you fill all the conditions for your #1 girl, you can even trigger several other chars' flags as long as you don't take the last step with them to get into their path. I've had a save in ch3 for instance where I can get either Mena, Lucy or Kitty if I want.
Last edited by Phlebas on July 10th, 2008, 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Comazon » July 10th, 2008, 6:37 am

Doh, you're right. The story wouldn't go anywhere without that, wouldn't it? ^_^;;
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 10th, 2008, 7:39 am

Oh ok, thanks to you too Phlebas. I also read somewhere on the forum that you

had to pull the lever in order to show the connection between the castle and the sewers..or something?

Thanks for the confirmation though :D
fayzai

Unread postby EdenB » July 10th, 2008, 6:57 pm

I suddenly feel really glad that I fulfilled the spoiler tagged condition

In other words, defeating the rats and then pulling the lever

I was trying to get Aoi but only ended up doing that condition because I couldn't last play through.

Read: I kept getting killed by the big group of rats and only managed it this time with higher levels and the Dual attack.
EdenB
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby fayzai » July 11th, 2008, 4:55 am

Comazon wrote:If you want even MORE help, open the spoiler (but do so at your own risk =P):
- You should be able to walk in on Aoi when she's in the bath (for the second time).
- Visit her at 5pm at the Academy when she's watering.
- Visit the church to learn of the spiritual pump.
- Build the spiritual pump.
- See her use the spiritual pump.
- Care for her when she's sick.

Hey comazon, I just got up to the part with

the spiritual pump. But I found out about it when Aoi was watering the front yard. Lucy brought it up and told me to go to Gen to get it. It differs from you telling me that I need to go to the church. I just want to double check that I'm doing the right thing =X

Thanks again =)
fayzai

Unread postby EdenB » July 11th, 2008, 8:57 am

fayzai wrote:Hey comazon, I just got up to the part with

the spiritual pump. But I found out about it when Aoi was watering the front yard. Lucy brought it up and told me to go to Gen to get it. It differs from you telling me that I need to go to the church. I just want to double check that I'm doing the right thing =X

Thanks again =)

I got that scene too in the front yard and it worked fine to get Aoi's route for me.
EdenB
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Comazon » July 11th, 2008, 9:07 am

Whoops, looking at the walkthrough, it seems that going to the church was a prerequisite to start the the spiritual pump discussion at the Academy. My apologizes for what I said earlier. The fact that you can build the pump is a good sign, so feel free to do so. :D

If you want to see Aoi's walkthrough for Chapter 3, it's in the spoiler below (but please note it is not a spoiler-free walkthrough).

(click to enlarge)

... and ignore that "Idle Aoi" condition. I'm going to reword it later. >>;;
Comazon

Unread postby LoSs » July 11th, 2008, 9:16 am

do you have same thing for Sheryll?
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby Comazon » July 11th, 2008, 9:27 am

I essentially completed the walkthrough for everyone, but I'm currently editing it and trying to make it more presentable. Hopefully I'll be able to post the whole thing within 24 hours from now.
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 11th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Nice, I'll be looking forward to it =)
fayzai

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat