Question about the hints on mirror-moon site. *SPOILER TOPIC

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Question about the hints on mirror-moon site. *SPOILER TOPIC

Unread postby Raven » July 4th, 2008, 7:36 am

In the hint it says we can not beat Sheryl before the other 4 girls.

Also, it says we must beat Mena/Lucy first before Yaoi/Lili. By this do you means we must beat both Mena and Lucy before trying Yaoi, or we can just beat either Mena "or" Lucy before trying Yaoi?

And the last question, by beat, do you mean the other of ending with the girl? If my interpretation is correct then it's kinda weird.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 4th, 2008, 10:10 pm

The ingame info after beating the first 2 routes would suggest all the remaining 3 routes (Aoi, Kitty and Sheryl) got unlocked at the same time, but maybe the mirrormoon info is more precice. Either way it seems that you need to finish both Lucy and Mena to proceed, at first. And, you seem to get defaulted to Lucy if you haven't flagged any other route by that time (on my first playtime I was thoroughly gunning for Mena and not being too nice to Lucy, but I was proceeding in the story too fast and Cliff suddenly decided he's in love with Lucy when I got to the critical point).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby uriel » July 4th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Phlebas wrote:The ingame info after beating the first 2 routes would suggest all the remaining 3 routes (Aoi, Kitty and Sheryl) got unlocked at the same time, but maybe the mirrormoon info is more precice. Either way it seems that you need to finish both Lucy and Mena to proceed, at first. And, you seem to get defaulted to Lucy if you haven't flagged any other route by that time (on my first playtime I was thoroughly gunning for Mena and not being too nice to Lucy, but I was proceeding in the story too fast and Cliff suddenly decided he's in love with Lucy when I got to the critical point).

I chose Lucy the first time, but now that i'm playing it the second time I noticed that, maybe, I hadn't much of a choice

I'll put this in spoiler
I noticed that the second time I took the mission to clear the cafe I had a choice, the first time I couldn't choose to enter in the hole to search for others mice, and that ( I suppose) brought me to Lucy. Doing that the mice invaded the academy and a cg of lucy was unlcked and also LucyPoint I guess.
But killing also the mice in the sewer, prevented that event and, I hope, will bring me towards mena's end
"Someone said is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, but that is a defeatistic attitude.
I won't reign only in hell"
uriel
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raven » July 5th, 2008, 12:16 am

I got Mena for my first play through, I don't notice doing anything ordinary, just talk to her a lot.

I refuse to buy the mice antido for Lucy though
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TakaJun » July 5th, 2008, 1:36 am

You have to beat Mena AND Lucy to be able to beat Kitty/Aoi.
You have to beat all of the other girls before you can beat Sheryl.
Beat meaning getting each of their endings.

Phlebas wrote:(on my first playtime I was thoroughly gunning for Mena and not being too nice to Lucy, but I was proceeding in the story too fast and Cliff suddenly decided he's in love with Lucy when I got to the critical point).
Did you keep Lucy in your party while keeping Mena out?
I think keeping a girl in battle with you raises her affection point
TakaJun

Unread postby Phlebas » July 5th, 2008, 7:35 am

Yeah I was keeping Lucy and Mena (for taming) as my main party, didn't realize it'd have that huge impact since I was pretty much ignoring Lucy in conversational choices ^^. I was just advancing story too fast, would've needed a few more dialogues with Mena to trigger her route.

(Although it didn't really matter what girl I got first anyway, what was worse is that I managed to get together with Lucy on the last night before final boss :D. So I'll have to play her route again later to see all the scenes.)
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Multi » July 5th, 2008, 8:08 pm

walkthrough here (copy and paste the link)
http://www4.osk.3web.ne.jp/~plevia/kour ... entop.html

Who you keep in your party and who dies, etc, has no bearing on the ending you get.
Last edited by Multi on July 6th, 2008, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Multi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby coldness » July 5th, 2008, 9:07 pm

The website link gives me an error. Question. So does that mean if you attempt to get a character you are unable to do, you automatically get sent to another one? Theres no generic end/bad end for a locked character?
coldness
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Phlebas » July 5th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Haven't gotten around to testing that yet, but as I see it

In the first 2 routes there isn't any 'action' before the fake wedding scene - which by default makes you a couple; therefore I'd imagine if you haven't triggered any route by that time you'll go with whichever is the default outcome from that scene. The later routes already start considerably earlier.

I want to try a thing with Aoi though when I get the time, seems that one optional choice you make is actually necessary for her route even though you can get her to be your girlfriend regardless, but maybe they just steer around it one way or another (either by the earlier choice already making it impossible to get Aoi's route despite it having no visible correlation at the time, or the later outcome being different) if you chose otherwise.

In my experience I'd say Lucy is the default, or at the very least it's really easy to get to her route even in the case you fail at another route.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Comazon » July 5th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Well if you want/need a walkthrough there's this: http://yokohama.cool.ne.jp/shisnap/game ... _Work2.htm (Japanese)

I don't see any bad end listed (unless the walkthrough decided to leave it out for whatever reason).
Comazon

Unread postby Phlebas » July 6th, 2008, 11:48 am

I just did a testrun where I didn't talk to any of the girls at all except when I needed a mission from them. There is no bad end: if you don't pay any of the girls any attention you end up with Mena - story comes to a halt in Chapter 3 (think strawberry slime mission was the last thing you can do) until you walk in on her bath, which is the only thing you need to do to end up with her if you haven't triggered any other route (I'd assume there's some point system between Mena and Lucy as on my first time I ended up with Lucy despite having got that bathroom scene where Mena acts embarrassed). After that the next day you can (or rather must, it's the only story event available) start the fake wedding event, which will pair you up with Mena.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ghostmage » July 6th, 2008, 5:32 pm

What font are the walkthrough pages in? I don't seem to have the right Japanese font to view them. :?

Well it's not like I need the walkthrough yet anyway, but its useful for completions sake.
ghostmage
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Comazon » July 6th, 2008, 5:55 pm

If you're referring to the walkthrough I posted, you need to set your browser's character encoding to Japanese. For Firefox, click on View -> Character Encoding -> Japanese (Shift_JIS). Not sure about other browsers. :\
Comazon

Unread postby WingZero » July 6th, 2008, 7:14 pm

@ comazon:

Thanks for the guide.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ghostmage » July 6th, 2008, 9:30 pm

Comazon wrote:If you're referring to the walkthrough I posted, you need to set your browser's character encoding to Japanese. For Firefox, click on View -> Character Encoding -> Japanese (Shift_JIS). Not sure about other browsers. :\

That did the trick. Thanks.
ghostmage
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » July 7th, 2008, 11:38 am

Comazon wrote:Well if you want/need a walkthrough there's this: http://yokohama.cool.ne.jp/shisnap/game ... _Work2.htm (Japanese)

I don't see any bad end listed (unless the walkthrough decided to leave it out for whatever reason).

The website is 404 >_>
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 7th, 2008, 11:49 am

Works for me although it's useless since I can't read Japanese ^^. You hardly need a walkthrough for this game anyway though.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Comazon » July 7th, 2008, 1:04 pm

I use it just to make sure I get all the CGs I can on my first try. Playing the game five times is enough for me, I don't really feel like playing it more. >>;;

That being said, it probably would've taken me a loooong time to figure out how to get Mena's last H-Scene if it wasn't for the walkthrough, but I've never been very good at visual novels so maybe that's why. =p
Comazon

Unread postby hagaren199 » July 8th, 2008, 12:50 am

Man I wish there was an English walkthrough. I'm trying to make sense of the Japanese ones but so far it's been failing even with translation programs and Rikai-chan. Being the completionist I am, I think I will hold off on this until some nice guy translates the walkthrough or makes his own.
hagaren199
Totally hardly posted

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat