Something has gone wrong here...

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Something has gone wrong here...

Unread postby Demikain » December 5th, 2006, 8:53 pm

I'm having trouble getting the game to run properly. I'm not entirely sure what is supposed to be done to install it, so a step by step guide may be all there is to this.

Basically, When I run Tsukihime, I see the text but it's all on a black background. I played from the beginning up until Shiki arrives at school and Ciel is hammering something, and no pictures were shown. It was all white text on a black background. I also noticed in the menu where I tried to change the option (skip scenes once they've been seen or something) but I couldn't change it, it just stayed as OFF.

To install it, I mounted the .ccd file with Daemon Tools, and then just ran the English patcher. I didn't think this was correct at the time but I couldn't work out anything else. I think something has gone wrong with the installation. My computer is a 2.4GHz Celeron with 512 RAM so it's not that. Anyone got any ideas?
Demikain
Totally hardly posted

Re: Something has gone wrong here...

Unread postby Message » December 5th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Demikain wrote:To install it, I mounted the .ccd file with Daemon Tools[...]

If this means that you are using a downloaded copy of Tsukihime, you are in breach of the Tsukihime English license agreement and are therefore not welcome in these forums. I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but I will not answer your question regardless because I really don't believe that you are using a legal copy.

Unread postby Demikain » December 6th, 2006, 11:48 am

Thanks for your oh so useful help. I actually do plan on buying the game, but it's kind of hard to get a hold of, and I really want to play it. I don't see the problem in downloading it since I WILL buy the game (I'm a big fan, I want it even for collection purpose only) but can't at the moment.

I very much doubt that everyone who posted at these forums has actually bought the game. In fact, I'd be surprised if half has. And I'd be surprised if 10% of the people here had never downloaded licensed anime or a game or something.

Perhaps there's someone out there who isn't like you and can actually give me a little insight, please.
Demikain
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby animefanrk2k » December 6th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Well, you're acting like a jerk to one of the people that brought us the translated patch AND you've breeched the agreement on the patch itself, so I, as a fan of Tsukihime, see no reason to help either. =P
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby Demikain » December 6th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Oh my...

I just want to play the game properly. I guess this could be seen as me reporting a bug, and all you guys are doing is refusing help.

I wouldn't have 'been a jerk' to Message if he hadn't been a jerk to me in the first place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to release a torrent of the English patch with Tsukihime on all major torrent sites.
Demikain
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby puKKa » December 6th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Demikain wrote:Oh my...

I just want to play the game properly. I guess this could be seen as me reporting a bug, and all you guys are doing is refusing help.

I wouldn't have 'been a jerk' to Message if he hadn't been a jerk to me in the first place.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to release a torrent of the English patch with Tsukihime on all major torrent sites.

concidering the chance of your copy of tsukihime being corrupted since it's an illegal copy of the game I don't see how we would benefit from any bug reports from it.

the english tsukihime patch wasnt released for the purpose of being used with illegal copies of the game. You said yourself that your a big TYPE-MOON fan? then why not respect the creators of the game and the ones who has brought you the english patch by just waiting a few weeks until you can get a original?
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Message » December 6th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Point has been made, Revolve and mirror moon do not endorse piracy and we will keep enforcing our rules tightly in accordance with that policy. Thread locked.

Return to Tsukihime Chat