Arcueid - Fiscally Aware?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Arcueid - Fiscally Aware?

Unread postby nobaka » April 8th, 2008, 4:26 pm

With April 14th rapidly approaching, I find myself trying to get a head start on my taxes. Then I got thinking, Arcueid has an apartment. How did she get it? Does she actually HAVE money? I'm sure she's got some random valuable crap in the Millenium Castle, but how did she get an apartment? Does she have to budget?

Ideas?
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Anon of /jp/ » April 8th, 2008, 6:12 pm

She Marble Phantasmed a shitload of money?
Or just brainwashed some guy using her Mystic Eyes?
Anon of /jp/
Might just like this board

Unread postby Phlebas » April 8th, 2008, 7:31 pm

I recall she mentioning at some point (might've been when she takes Shiki to the hotel where they fight Nero) that she's ridiculously wealthy but never has use of the money. I guess even a little money can turn into a crapload with a thousand years' investment time :P
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » April 8th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Yes... she said she had money. I don't know how it worked though... i'd be surprised if she went to some place and changed her money (wichever currency it was) for yens.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » April 8th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Atriel wrote:Yes... she said she had money. I don't know how it worked though... i'd be surprised if she went to some place and changed her money (wichever currency it was) for yens.

Exactly. It seems weird for Arc to be paying electric/light/water bills, but she DOES seem to have all those amenities, so... maybe she's just flaky with Shiki?
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Anon of /jp/ » April 8th, 2008, 7:46 pm

1. She killed some rich DA`s in the past.
2. She went to Las Vegas and cheated using her Marble Phantasm
Anon of /jp/
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atriel » April 8th, 2008, 8:04 pm

nobaka wrote:Exactly. It seems weird for Arc to be paying electric/light/water bills, but she DOES seem to have all those amenities, so... maybe she's just flaky with Shiki?

She just doesn't care about money... and Shiki is rich (ok ok, Akiha is the rich one) so i don't think he minds at all.

Arcueid probably got it all from the other true ancestors, but again i have no idea how that would work... at least not if she only had a shitload of money from 10XX - 16XX.

OR! She got it from dumb guys that were drooling for her!
I'll go hide myself and my shame now.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » April 8th, 2008, 8:15 pm

If she has money to start with, as supposedly is the case, although she looks clueless she shouldn't have any trouble using it to cover the necessities due to her attunement to each time period, which would definitely cover such things. Not saying it'd be a problem for her to make a fortune in a number of ways but she shouldn't have any need to do anything special for it.
Going to the grass root level, I'd guess her money is supposedly mostly in long term trust funds and old, established banks and she makes necessary adjustments with minimal effort every time she's up and running.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ayadew » April 8th, 2008, 9:16 pm

Used mystic eyes of ownage/suggestion on the one responsible for the appartments?
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nobaka » April 8th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Atriel wrote:
nobaka wrote:Exactly. It seems weird for Arc to be paying electric/light/water bills, but she DOES seem to have all those amenities, so... maybe she's just flaky with Shiki?

She just doesn't care about money... and Shiki is rich (ok ok, Akiha is the rich one) so i don't think he minds at all.

Arcueid probably got it all from the other true ancestors, but again i have no idea how that would work... at least not if she only had a shitload of money from 10XX - 16XX.

OR! She got it from dumb guys that were drooling for her!
I'll go hide myself and my shame now.

Fuck, I'd pay her.

@Phlebas: The time period attunement makes the most sense, yes. I guess Millenium Castle is something akin to a cache for the Knights Templar.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Anruijin » April 8th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Early investment + centuries of interest?
Anruijin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Silverman » April 8th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Arcueid is rich due to the large amount of deposit of the gold in her castle, and one of the DA suggested to her to sell the gold to get the money.
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby Superflonic » April 9th, 2008, 4:21 pm

I wonder this myself too. Not really, though.

Also, at some point in the non-existant AMV, didn't Arcueid
do something making Shiki freak out, in some store IIRC
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 10th, 2008, 6:59 am

She brought out a huge amount of money, and it was counterfeit money.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby chasmirror » April 14th, 2008, 11:46 pm

According to the official Tsukihime setting, all the arrangement in Japan was made for Arc by Merem Solomon, the 20th Dead Apostle and the member of the Burial Agency. Despite his status as a Dead Apostle, and his involvement with the Burial Agency, he is quite fond of Arc, mainly because the original Crimson Moon rescued him in his early age. Arc being the successor of the Crimson Moon, he refers to her by "our princess" and makes all the preparations for her worldly needs.

I am sure that Arc, being the Princess of the Originals AND the sole survivor of the Originals' fortunes, has incredible amount of wealth. She doesn't need to conjure up money like the anime suggested. She herself probably doesn't know how to manage the wealth, so it's possible that Merem Solomon takes care of all her financial needs.

In short, she basically has unbelievably rich trust fund that is probably managed by Merem Solomon.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread postby thisoneguy » October 3rd, 2008, 3:54 am

What chasmirror said basically answered just about all the questions related to this, assuming that it is official. But even without Merem, Arc might still be fully financially capable. Since most the true ancestors and DA were nobles and such, they probably have plenty of money. Arc also mentions that every time she wakes up, she obtains the knowledge she needs to function in the society of that time (through what means does she obtain this knowledge though, i forget). Though this knowledge is theoretical only and not empirical, it should be enough to get her what she needs, such as exchanging money for yen and such. Remember she was not originally clueless and childish until Shiki "killed" her and even then, she probably only appears that way.
thisoneguy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » October 9th, 2008, 9:23 am

I've questioned this too.

She's supposedly rich, but where does the money come from? From the sounds of things, Arcueid has done nothing except hunt vampires and sleep, and she's pretty much been a loner since everyone else in the castle died, so I doubt that any income has been being produced there.

Whatever money she has in that castle is either outdated or worth didly squat thanks to hundreds of years worth the inflation, and I doubt that she had it invested. She can't just have a fortune sitting in the castle that she can pick up and take with her to pay for whatever she needs.

Does she have a relationship with the magi association so that she can get some income when they have an especially dangerous job? (seems kind of unlikely) Does she sell castle treasures and outdated currency to collectors for high prices when she needs the money? Does she rent out pieces of land and have hired servants handle things? (practical, but lol unlikely) Does she loot enemy lairs and sell their treasures?
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 9th, 2008, 3:59 pm

She probably used her Marble Phantasm to make her a big amount of money before setting out for Roa, that's probably why she said that she was "rich" to Shiki.
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 10th, 2008, 12:04 am

NanatsuYa wrote:She probably used her Marble Phantasm to make her a big amount of money before setting out for Roa, that's probably why she said that she was "rich" to Shiki.

You're making it sound like she has the same ability that Gil has in the Fate series right there. Never the less the thing that didn't exist actually did tell you guys on how she got her money. In the end she was really a model.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby abscess » October 10th, 2008, 1:31 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Never the less the thing that didn't exist actually did tell you guys on how she got her money. In the end she was really a model.

Yes, but, it didn't exist, so it doesn't count :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat