impossible?

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

impossible?

Unread postby Sandal Hat » March 7th, 2008, 9:59 pm

while doing hard 5, i was going through with some dificulty and then got to the level with suwonkas (karura's 'lover') and spent a good 30 or so tries on it, then i go smoothly until the av kamiw level (one with armors and survive time limit). I kept trying and trying it and finally got fet up with it and cheated, locking touka's hp at 400 (she pwns hard 5, had 95/99 armor for this). after everyone died and touka was left, i hid her in a corner where only one could attack her, by the end of this round the av kamiw that was attacking her went from lvl 20 to lvl 27, gaining a lvl every 8 hits on touka... so, is has anyone beaten this level on hard 5 without cheating?
Sandal Hat
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Lynx190 » March 8th, 2008, 1:27 am

are you destroying the barriers? If so, then don't... every time I've tried destroying all the barriers for extra BP, the battle seems to go on and on forever until everyone eventually dies no matter how good a job I do keeping the Avu Kamuu running back and forth; if I leave the barriers alone (except for maybe 1 or 2) then it seems to end way faster. Let them kill the rest of your characters (use the others to try to keep Touka left alive) while slipping Oboro past them towards the bottom of the screen. Hopefully they break off before killing Touka to chase Oboro, by the time they catch him and go back to get Touka the battle should be over.

I should note that I was extremely frustrated with this battle, and really don't know exactly how it works... but I definitely had vastly different durations of the timer between failed and successful attempts
Lynx190
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sandal Hat » March 8th, 2008, 4:11 pm

:shock: that makes sense, i was killing the rocks for the bp but it makes sense that if you dont kill them the battle will end faster. Why you ask? because the rocks are enemies, they count as units and although they dont show up in the turn counter, they are still counted as turns (just like attacking traps), and the battle is ended after so many turns pass.

I dont have any problem keeping touka alive until last since they 100% ignore her unless she's blocking their only path because she's 5-20 lvls higher than everyone else, but yea i recall having not destroyed the barriers before and the battle ended quickier, although this was on a different difficulty and it seems the higher the diff the more turns you have to survive
Sandal Hat
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Toboggan » March 9th, 2008, 1:52 am

Yeah, I spent a lot of time on this one too. Only way I could do it was to leave most of the barriers intact.
Aruruw would've been useful for this level, oh well.
Toboggan
Totally hardly posted

Return to Utawarerumono Chat