Tsukihime: RAW translation is now 100%

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime: RAW translation is now 100%

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 4:44 am

That's it! The bulk of the work is finished. Now it's on to translation checking and editing. After that, insertion.

No real party for this one, that won't happen until we've completed a patch! Currently no projection on a possible patch. It'll happen when it happens, blah blah blah?
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby The_One » June 11th, 2005, 5:14 am

Well, is the patching part going to be the hard part? I was hoping that a patch would have come out soon after the translation, well, guess not :cry:.
"If you understand the human mind not, all your understanding are for naught."
The_One
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 5:32 am

It will take awhile. Soon to us means, maybe a patch to certain people in about a month (to checkout things), and perhaps a public one a few weeks after that.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby The_One » June 11th, 2005, 5:56 am

Well, a month isn't that long of a wait, since I'll be on vacation for around two months 8). I guess the patch will be out by the time I get back, eh?
"If you understand the human mind not, all your understanding are for naught."
The_One
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 5:59 am

We can only hope, it seems Ryuusoul has already set into his phase of proofing.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » June 11th, 2005, 8:28 am

Wow, suddenly there's loads of activity on the boards. A great many congratulations to Ryuusoul, TakaJun, Shadow, tjm, AstCd2 and any other translator who has worked on this project for finishing it up. Also congratulations to the rest of the Mirror Moon team and ourselves, the fans, because this is great news!

By the way, why does the webpage still list 99.8%? Are there really some loose ends left to tie up, or is this a rounding problem or something?

Edit: I just can't seem to spell Ryuusoul correctly... Gomen. :?
Last edited by Message on June 18th, 2005, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby Soulfang » June 11th, 2005, 2:48 pm

Message wrote:Wow, suddenly there's loads of activity on the boards. A great many congratulations to Ryuusol, TakaJun, Shadow, tjm, AstCd2 and any other translator who has worked on this project for finishing it up. Also congratulations to the rest of the Mirror Moon team and ourselves, the fans, because this is great news!

By the way, why does the webpage still list 99.8%? Are there really some loose ends left to tie up, or is this a rounding problem or something?

It's just a rounding issue. Ignore it. :P
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby TakaJun » June 11th, 2005, 7:50 pm

Just dropping in to say hi.
I think this might be the best place to say it,
SINCE there are no new member board :twisted:

Anyways, good work eveyone!
TakaJun

Unread postby Belatu-Cadros » June 12th, 2005, 3:20 am

Congratulations on reaching 100%. Me, and many of my friends who you dont see registered on this board, are looking forward to the eventual release of this piece of work.

We appreciate your efforts.

Ganbatte ne!
Belatu-Cadros
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Type Moon Fan » June 13th, 2005, 10:04 am

Yes I though I'd add that here too I know of many unregistered members all following the progress. We're all looking forwards to play our Tsukihime in English. :')

You guys are wonderful!

One small question though: will the patch work on japanese computers? I and a friend of mine are both half americans and would like to replay Tsukihime but will the patch work on japanese windows XP?

Many thanks!
Takayuki
Type Moon Fan

Unread postby Soulfang » June 14th, 2005, 12:06 am

Type Moon Fan wrote:Yes I though I'd add that here too I know of many unregistered members all following the progress. We're all looking forwards to play our Tsukihime in English. :')

You guys are wonderful!

One small question though: will the patch work on japanese computers? I and a friend of mine are both half americans and would like to replay Tsukihime but will the patch work on japanese windows XP?

Many thanks!
Takayuki

Of course it will, ONScripter was originally written for Japanese PCs.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Message » June 14th, 2005, 11:00 am

Soulfang wrote:Of course it will, ONScripter was originally written for Japanese PCs.

Won't Chendo's 1-byte patches break that?

Unread postby キタ& » June 14th, 2005, 7:06 pm

For what it's worth, you have this random guy's deepest thanks. Thank you so much.
キタ&

Unread postby Zephyrus » June 15th, 2005, 1:15 am

I, like the random guy above, would like to say thank you so much.
I've been lurking here far to long not to post something, thanks a lot for all your hard work. You guys rock

Oh, and if you need someone to test this on alternate platforms, like Linux, or even the Dreamcast (yes, ONScripter does run on the dreamcast), then just ask. (note: I'm not demanding a dreamcast port, just saying that if you ever did one, i would be more then willing to help with it). I can also help test on Windows, if you need me too.
Zephyrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Icez » June 15th, 2005, 4:31 am

Good stuff guys ^_^
- Icez
Icez
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » June 15th, 2005, 6:56 am

Message wrote:Won't Chendo's 1-byte patches break that?

Chendo's one bite patch uses Japanese fonts to display the English ascii, so no.

Zephyrus wrote:I, like the random guy above, would like to say thank you so much.
I've been lurking here far to long not to post something, thanks a lot for all your hard work. You guys rock

Oh, and if you need someone to test this on alternate platforms, like Linux, or even the Dreamcast (yes, ONScripter does run on the Dreamcast), then just ask. (note: I'm not demanding a Dreamcast port, just saying that if you ever did one, I would be more then willing to help with it). I can also help test on Windows, if you need me too.

Linux platform should work perfectly with our patch. Chendo actively runs a Linux machine, and does any coding and testing under Linux. Mac is the only platform we haven't tested, but I'd assume it would run fine.

Dreamcast should work, if the Dreamcast distro of Onscripter was updated to current code. Last I knew, the Dreamcast version of Onscripter was based on old code, and hadn't been updated in ages. We will not support a Dreamcast release of Tsukihime, that is up to the end user to take care of.

Also, as a side note, gp32 has contributed some nice changes to onscripter, and they should appear in the next release of the code base. I think it will update onscripter to support quite a few new games, by the looks of it.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Soulfang » June 15th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Message wrote:
Soulfang wrote:Of course it will, ONScripter was originally written for Japanese PCs.

Won't Chendo's 1-byte patches break that?

No, all the one byte patches do are when you put "`" in front of a line, it lets you type in half-width ASCII, whereas in the original NScripter, I believe certain half-width ASCII characters were used as control codes.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Poor Mac OS User » June 15th, 2005, 3:02 pm

TheXev wrote:Linux platform should work perfectly with our patch. Chendo actively runs a Linux machine, and does any coding and testing under Linux. Mac is the only platform we haven?t tested, but I?d assume it would run fine.

Does this mean you will be making a Mac OSX release as well? :shock:
Poor Mac OS User

Unread postby Zephyrus » June 15th, 2005, 5:42 pm

Linux platform should work perfectly with our patch. Chendo actively runs a Linux machine, and does any coding and testing under Linux.

Ya, but if you need someone to test it on a different Linux distro, then maybe I can help. Anyone who runs linux can tell you about inter-distro incompatability fun, especially with the various packaging systems (I'm going to assume your not locking yourself into something like RPM or DEB). Anyway, just saying if you needed more testing, I can help (I run Debian Sarge BTW).

Does this mean you will be making a Mac OSX release as well?

While I can't speek for the dev team, ONScripter is SDL, which is multiplatform, so there should be no problems with getting the 1-byte patches working on OSX, it should compile rather cleanly. I think the thing is that Chendo doesn't have a mac (correct me if I'm wrong), and can't test it, but it *SHOULD* be really easy to get someone with OSX to compile it for you guys.
Zephyrus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rughalt » June 17th, 2005, 5:16 am

Sorry for asking there, but have I to download original tsukihime first - then install your patch when it get published - or you would give full-translated-game ready to install.

PS. Good work, I'm waiting for it!
Rughalt
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Announcements