MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.8, MBR v1.1]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Kanzar » February 3rd, 2008, 12:55 am

To install MBR WITHOUT installing any Japanese version:

1. Put Melty Blood CD into CD drive.
2. Run MB English patch. Follow instructions to install the English version of Melty Blood.
3. Take MB CD out, replace with MBR.
4. Run MBR English patch, making sure you also have the update installer for MBR (in same directory? I had mine in the same directory, it found it automatically). Follow the instructions to install the English version of Melty Blood ReACT.
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Menudo » February 4th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Ahhhh. I didn't have the MB English patch, I only had the MBR English patch. I only saw the MBR English patch and update installer. Could someone link me to the MB English patch?
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 4th, 2008, 1:47 pm

Tried the Melty Blood project page?

Unread postby Menudo » February 4th, 2008, 10:10 pm

I didn't see that -.- but the english patch for Melty Blood didn't work either, probably because the CD is Melty Blood React Final Tuned and not just Melty Blood, even though I chose to only install Melty Blood.
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kanzar » February 4th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Menudo wrote:I didn't see that -.- but the english patch for Melty Blood didn't work either, probably because the CD is Melty Blood React Final Tuned and not just Melty Blood, even though I chose to only install Melty Blood.

WAREZ ALERT.

There is no such thing as a 'Melty Blood ReACT Final Tuned' CD, or any CD of the MB franchise with the words 'Final Tuned' tagged onto the end.

"Final Tuned" was released as a patch for MB to fix bugs/etc. Not as a CD re-release.

EDIT to reply to below: So... you still wouldn't be able to install Melty Blood with it anyway, yah? The guy above says he chose to install Melty Blood from the 'Final Tuned' CD. :P
Last edited by Kanzar on February 5th, 2008, 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » February 5th, 2008, 4:42 am

[slightly off topic]

Actually there was a Final Tuned CD released for free when the patch first came out - though it didn't actually have the full game ReACT on it, just the patch. It was released in pretty limited quantities, so it's something of a collector's item now (ie expensive). Even if you get that though, you'd want to download the latest FT patch, since the version on the CD isn't the newest version.

extra: lookie, I found a link on yahoo auctions: http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k54276711
Doesn't seem very popular does it?

[/off topic]
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Menudo » February 5th, 2008, 11:31 am

I'm just not entirely sure what to do. Neither the MBR English patch works OR the MB English Patch works with FT. Is the FT patch on the MB project page?
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » February 5th, 2008, 11:38 am

You need the original MB cd for MB patch and MBR cd for the re act patch. No dvds, no bundles. Final Tuned patch is just an addon needed for the MBR english patch to work, since it installs MBR, then extracts the files from FT patch and upgrades your MBR japanese to MBR Final Tuned, then overwrites the needed files with stuff from the installer to make it english.

At least as far as i know.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 5th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Menudo wrote:I'm just not entirely sure what to do. Neither the MBR English patch works OR the MB English Patch works with FT. Is the FT patch on the MB project page?

It appears you have a bootlegged copy of MBR. Please buy the real game and retry. Remember: There exists no (real) MBR+FT bundle CD/DVD. There exists only the Melty Blood ReAct CD.

Unread postby Mr. X » February 9th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Well, since this is the thread for bugs I think is better to ask here instead of making a new thread. Are there any news on the "Nero Arcade Mode" bug?
Mr. X
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Phlebas » March 20th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Is there any workaround for the Nero 4th fight arcade crash bug? I see it still exists.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby kenmastersX » July 14th, 2008, 7:19 am

Phlebas wrote:Is there any workaround for the Nero 4th fight arcade crash bug? I see it still exists.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I had just started playing through arcade mode with everyone, and I seem to encounter this bug also.
kenmastersX
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DesuMaiWaifu » August 25th, 2008, 9:02 am

Yo, I'm having a slight problem with MB 1.8 patch. All the text in story mode is black, which is making it really hard/impossible to read. :(
Though, I guess it should be noted that ONE letter is always white, and tends to stay ~15 characters in front of the last one. Any ideas?
DesuMaiWaifu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 25th, 2008, 9:23 am

DesuMaiWaifu, please try updating your video drivers and reinstalling the game. If the problem persists, could you post a screenshot and some more details?

Concerning the Nero arcade bug, there are no workarounds that I know of, but this bug will be fixed in the next release of the game. Can't give an eta on that one yet, but we're working on it. There are a lot of other loose ends that need tying up such as beta testing, RC building, move name translation corrections and some small image edits. At the moment, the time differences are what's causing the biggest delays... ;__;

Unread postby DesuMaiWaifu » August 26th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Thanks, updating my video drivers worked, which is odd since I updated them like 2 weeks ago. *shrug* <3
DesuMaiWaifu
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat