MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.8, MBR v1.1]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Message » December 8th, 2007, 8:02 am

Let's try a rigourous dislocation. Uninstall MB*, remove all registry keys you can find, make sure no old MB* installations remain. Then install MB English, and then install MBR English. No real need to redownload the files, but you can if you want.

Unread postby Coramoor » December 21st, 2007, 5:06 pm

Hi..

I've just installed the MBR 1.1 english patch, and now my Opening Video doesn't play.. It just skips straight to the opening screen..
I did a brand new clean install..
Also, I've installed the codecs as according to the readme.
Just downloaded the CCCP pack and installed it straight from the site.

Please help~

I know I can watch the opening video from the program files folder, but it just irks me that my MBR isn't working properly.. :(
Coramoor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 21st, 2007, 6:49 pm

MBR doesn't automatically play the OP movie at startup. If I remember correctly, it starts playing if you wait a while in the main menu.

Unread postby Coramoor » December 22nd, 2007, 6:55 am

Oooo it's different from MB? Thanks! I'll go and try now!
Coramoor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Coramoor » December 22nd, 2007, 6:59 am

Yay, it work!
Thanks a lot :]
Coramoor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Menudo » January 29th, 2008, 11:26 pm

I know its been a while since the last problem, but for some reason, the english patch won't work! The game itself runs fine in japanese, but I'm completly clueless as to how to get the installer to work. I've downloaded both MBR patch files (mbr2501ft2.exe and Melty_Blood_ReACT_English_v1.1_[Revolve].exe). I've tried many things but nothings happened. Could someone please provide a step-by-step guide on how to do this? (Yeah I'm a nub when it comes to installing games -.-)
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 30th, 2008, 9:56 am

1) put the MB/MBR CD into your CD-ROM drive
2) Close any Japanese installer that might appear
3) Start our installer and follow the instructions.

Unread postby Menudo » January 30th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Sorry, but what instructions?
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kanzar » January 30th, 2008, 9:02 pm

...the instructions in the Installer. =.=
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Menudo » January 30th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Uh...I don't see any instructions...
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 30th, 2008, 10:03 pm

First page: "Welcome to the Melty Blood English v1.8 Setup Wizard. This wizard will guide you through the installation of Melty Blood English v1.8. It is recommended that you close all other applications before starting Setup. This will make it possible to update relevant system files without having to reboot your computer. Click Next to continue."

Hmmm... Seems a clear enough instruction to me. Apparently the Melty Blood English v1.8 Setup Wizard will guide you through the installation of Melty Blood English v1.8. Now isn't that nice of it? Be sure to say thank you before you close the program.

Second page: "License agreement - Please review the license terms before installing Melty Blood English v1.8. Press Page Down to see the rest of the agreement. (license here) If you accept the terms of the agreement, click the check box below. You must accept the agreement to install Melty Blood English v1.8. Click Next to continue."

I dunno, but I'm getting the strange idea that you must accept the agreement to install Melty Blood English v1.8. And to accept it, there appears to be a check box you need to click on. And, lo and behold, the powers that be are telling me that, to continue, you should click 'Next'.

...Need I go on? Hmmmm... But where is the Any key?

Unread postby Menudo » January 30th, 2008, 10:30 pm

Oh. Those instructions. Well thats the problem. After I do all that, it saids it cant find an installation of Melty Blood, even though i can play both Melty Blood and MBR.

Edit: I almost forgot, I also can't start whatever those first two modes are in React. Everything else works fine. Except its in japanese.
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 31st, 2008, 8:38 am

Menudo wrote:it saids it cant find an installation of Melty Blood

Aha, now we're getting somewhere. Try installing Melty Blood English properly, first. MBR is an expansion, not a standalone game. And remember that you're not allowed to use our translations on illegal copies of the games.

Unread postby Menudo » January 31st, 2008, 8:44 pm

The copy I have is 100% authentic I guarentee you. I can't read japanese, so when I start installing it I cant tell if something went wrong or not. I'll reinstall soon and see what happens.

Edit: Also, whats mbr2501ft2.exe used for? I can understand the other file, but I have no idea what that file is used for.
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kanzar » January 31st, 2008, 9:23 pm

It's an update patch. The english translation is based on that version of the update.

You have been using Applocale to install Japanese games, right?
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Menudo » February 1st, 2008, 2:21 am

Um, no. I can usually install and run games without using Applocale.
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 1st, 2008, 10:11 am

Menudo wrote:The copy I have is 100% authentic I guarentee you. I can't read japanese, so when I start installing it I cant tell if something went wrong or not. I'll reinstall soon and see what happens.

You could of course also just install Melty Blood English, instead of Melty Blood Japanese...

Unread postby Menudo » February 1st, 2008, 8:49 pm

Yes, but doesn't the patch say it requires either Melty Blood (Japanese I'm assuming) and/or Melty Blood English?
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 1st, 2008, 8:55 pm

Yes. So why bother trying the Japanese option, when the English one is just as good?

Unread postby Menudo » February 3rd, 2008, 12:08 am

I'm pretty sure I only have the Japanese option...
Menudo
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat