MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.8, MBR v1.1]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.8, MBR v1.1]

Unread postby ArchDemon » September 12th, 2007, 9:34 am

This is a report thread for all the bugs, crashes and other technical problems you may find in Melty Blood English and Melty Blood ReACT English.

Please give a full description of the problem when you report a bug. Describe the situation, the problem itself and the causes/effects that you can recognize. Please also state your OS, type of video card and relevant driver/DirectX versions. Remember to mention your version of MB English or MBR English.

NOTE - Before you post a bug or technical error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.

Current version: Melty Blood v1.8 and Melty Blood ReACT v1.1 [2007-09-12]
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby mp_man » September 16th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Hi, using the MBR 1.1 patch I get a crash in arcade mode playing as Nero in the 4th fight (vs Ciel).
mp_man
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby darksoul » September 27th, 2007, 8:17 pm

I have the same problem as mp_man
it plays Ciels conversation but no text appears, then the game crashes.
darksoul
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 28th, 2007, 7:15 am

Thank you both for the report, this will be fixed in the next release.

Crash to Desktop

Unread postby Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun » October 1st, 2007, 9:53 am

Ok, I don't know if this is a Vista Problem? or what but whenever I'm playing Melty Blood in full screen mode and another program steals focus, MB crashes. Also, I'm fairly certain that this is just a problem on my end (or a Windows 'feature') but I'll post it just in case, USB joystick input doesn't seem to stop my screensaver from activating. I've had two crashes to desktop while playing the first scene due to this. The first was caused by the activation of my screensaver and the second by my AVG auto-update. Thanks for any help you can give ^_^

EDIT: I can now confirm that on my system I suffer a game crash when my screensaver activates in windowed mode. Since I'm using a joystick and for some reason windows doesn't accept joystick input to reset the screensaver timer, I'll just be turning off my screensaver while I play for the time being.
If you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Cloud Nine » October 2nd, 2007, 3:26 am

I don't really think thats a Vista problem, since I have XP as well, and it will close, if its full screen.
Also, Arcueid Brunestud has this odd = sign instead of just a space, which confuses me but it's just a minor detail.
Cloud Nine
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby darksoul » October 2nd, 2007, 7:04 pm

the = in Arcueid's name is in the Jap version too I think.

As for the crashing to desktop if your screensaver avtivates, it does that without the patch so I don't think it can actually be fixed, all ya can do is turn off your screensaver and makes sure ya deactivate the powersaver options as well as things like antivirus software that might check for updates while your playing.
darksoul
Totally hardly posted

Sion vs. Sion

Unread postby Balcerzak » October 29th, 2007, 9:04 pm

MB v1.8:

Warning, my memory isn't entirely accurate, but this is the best recollection of events I can render.

I had been fighting G. Akiha for route 7, and abusing the pause->return to title->story->continue trick as I didn't think I'd have enough continues. I made a mistake once, and didn't pull it off in time, so was KO'd and witnessed the end message. At this point I believe I used ESC to quit the program, though I may have killed it directly (X-ing out on windowed mode) or using Task Manager "end process". When I reopened it and went to continue the story, I got to read/(turbo past) the text leading to the "continue? Retries = 2" message (my ploy to preserve continues had apparently been unsuccessful). Upon confirming the retry I was entered into a battle of Sion vs. Sion, which upon successfully completing sent me directly back to stage A. I can only assume this is some sort of glitch, though a non-fatal one. I proceeded to play route 2 to completion (which I had not done prior) and it even successfully registered as such. This is more of an oddity than anything else.

I have not yet attempted to replicate this experience.

Edit: Relevant computer details. I am running Windows XP Home edition on a Sony Vaio laptop (Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz, 512 RAM) with onboard ATI Radeon IGP 34xM.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Melty Blood ReAct English

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 3rd, 2007, 12:40 am

Hi!
First of all, let me congratulate you guys for the fantastic work that you've made so far in translating Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+ Disk, Melty Blood and the Fate Route for Fate/Stay Night.
I've tried all of them, and all work perfectly with the translations being correct in every way. It's really wonderful that you guys spend your time translating these fantastic pieces and fighting games (melty blood) so that everyone can experience them.
But, as of recently, I've got my hands on a relic, a Melty Blood ReAct cd.
I had only played a pirated copy Act Cadenza for the PS2 when I found in a shop MB for pc, and thanks to your patch i was able to understand the story.
The instalation of the game went smoothly, and I downloaded the 2.501b (Final Tuned) that you needed for the install.
The game runs ok and the translations are awesome as expected, but there's an issue I can't overlook being that the reason I'm writing this post.
The sprites of the characters are totally off, like they're presentations (before the fighting when they talk and make some gestures) are replaced by something weird like, in the case of Shiki, they're replaced by his hook kick atack, and in the case of Kohaku, she doesn't walk, she just glides sitting down with her cat-like face and when she dies, she just stands there like nothing happened.
The gameplay is there, it's playable but the sprites that are totally wrong.
I figure this as something to do with the patch, because when I install the game without using the patch, this doesn't occur.
I hope you understand the issue I'm talking about, and if not I can send some screenshots.
Thanks for the support upperhand and keep up the good work!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I've found out what the problem was, but I don't know if it's right.
When I installed ReAct, I wasn't installing the Final Tuned (2.501b) but the 2.000 version of the game. That works ok without the patch. When I tried installing Final Tuned without your patch, turned out it had the same problem.
I deleted the file, and am downloading another right now to try it.
The reason I didn't figure out this earlier was that your installer joins 'em up and instantly goes to the 2.501b version aka Final Tuned, so I assumed it was a problem of the patch and I would like to present my apologies for that.
I'll continue to develop this further and if I fix it, I'll post it!
Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2:

Still, no sucess.
Downloaded another file, still the same result.
The problem is within the mbr2501ft2.exe I downloaded, that totally messes up the sprites.

EDIT 3:

I decided to download the mbr2501ft2.exe from visualnews.net, and the result was the same.
The sprites are totally messed up, the game is unplayable for some characters, and I risk saying all of them since sometimes, they get stuck in some awkward position and stay there, be it you or the CPU.
I hope you guys understand this better than I do, because I'm running out of options here...
Without the bloody patch (one that works that is) I can't play ReAct translated. :(
Expecting support, please aid!
Thank you!
Over and Out
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 3rd, 2007, 8:09 am

You should not have installed the FT patch yourself. The MBR English installer asks you for mbr2501ft2.exe, and extracts the necessary files out of that patch automatically. Please uninstall or delete your MBR English directory and run our installer again.

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 3rd, 2007, 3:01 pm

That was what I did.
Initially I installed the english patch, but then there were those problems I referred above.
Then, to find out if the problem was of the patch or something else, I decided to try and install one thing at a time.
I manually installed Melty Blood ReAct without using your patch and it worked perfectly. This was the 2.000 version.
Then I manually installed Melty Blood Final Tuned, 2.501b, and got the same result.
That was when I figured out that the problem was the update to Final Tuned that messed up the sprites and had nothing to do with your patch, but then I became confused since I downloaded the mbr2501ft2.exe about 5 times from different sites (including yours) and the result was always the same. :S
Hope I made myself clear :P
Thanks!
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 4th, 2007, 8:46 am

I still don't understand how you were able to use the 2.000 patch during the MBR Eng installation. The installer doesn't accept patches other than 2.501b.

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 4th, 2007, 12:02 pm

I'll try to be more specific in order to make myslef clear :P

1 - Installed English patch using Melty Blood ReAct CD (ver. 2.000) and mbr2501ft2.exe (ver.2501b) provided by you guys.
It worked, but had the issues I refered above with the sprites.

2 - Installed the game using Melty Blood ReAct CD (ver. 2.000), without using English patch.
Installed the game in japanese, originally. It runned ok, no problems.

3 - Updated to Final Tuned (ver. 2501b) using the mbr2501ft2.exe file I got from your site.
Japanese, no English patch, original. Verified problems with the sprites, as in point 1.

4 - Deleted the file mbr2501ft2.exe , and downloaded it again from another source.
Repeated point 1 and verified the problem again, the sprites were all wrong.

5 - Concluded that the problem wasn't of the English Patch but of the mbr2501ft2.exe file (Final Tuned - ver. 2.501b), that messed up all of the sprites.

Hope this clears things out and helps you regarding my issue.
Thank you!
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 4th, 2007, 12:14 pm

Have you tried re-installing the game? If not, it'd be best if you did. If you have, I recommend just playing the game with ReAct in english only, rather than FT. If you're dying to try FT anyway, that I'll leave to the experts =P
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 4th, 2007, 1:00 pm

As I stated above, I tried installing the game several times.
I wish I could play ReAct (ver. 2.000), but the patch demands the Final Tuned update.
I can't install without using the file for the update.
But thanks anyway!
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 4th, 2007, 4:29 pm

Let's start with updating your video drivers.

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 4th, 2007, 4:37 pm

ok...then what?
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 5th, 2007, 5:34 pm

i updated my drivers...the problem is still there...do you have anymore sugestions?
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » December 6th, 2007, 8:35 am

Hmmm... Win2000 or 98 compat mode?

Unread postby NanayaVash » December 7th, 2007, 8:52 pm

thanks for the answer...tried it...no good.
I have windows xp, a geforce 7900 gtx, sound blaster audigy 2 and a CPU from AMD @ 4000 Mhz
NanayaVash
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat