Final Moves for MBR:FT

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Final Moves for MBR:FT

Unread postby TheMAN » September 8th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Hi. New guy here.

I just recently got my copy of MBR:FT, and I've been playing quite often since then. I've gotten used to the controls and such, and just now (I didn't know they had final moves in here up until 10 minutes ago) I got Shiki to do what I think was the move he used on Arcueid in the first episode of Tsukihime.

That was a final move right? I don't know how I did it, so I came here to ask how to do just that.

Help? Thanks. : )
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby galvenize » September 8th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Well , i don't know if he exactly did this attack in the anime but , wasn't it like : everything went in slow motion and all ?

All character have their own "final moves" , and its all the same command : 41236(look at your num pad) + C

Shiki is one of my fav character in the game :3 .
galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread postby TheMAN » September 8th, 2007, 8:27 pm

galvenize wrote:All character have their own "final moves" , and its all the same command : 41236(look at your num pad) + C

Yeah. Screen gets dark, slowmo, etc. Uh, I'm not using my numpad. I'm using NM,. and JKL;

C would be "," in my case right? Then all I need to know is what 41236 is.
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby galvenize » September 8th, 2007, 9:27 pm

When i say to look at your numpad , its only to show you the direction you must follow to execute the move , in that case it would be
Left , Down-Left,Down ,Down-right , Right = 41236 followed by C "Hard punch" (or whatever you call it)
galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread postby TheMAN » September 8th, 2007, 9:42 pm

It seems nay impossible to accomplish.

Do I have to press Left, DownLeft, Down, DownRight and Right seperately?

Also, is it possible to use a PS2 controller and make it work with MBR:FT? I have the connector between the PC and the controller.

Edit: One more thing, do you have to be in Blood Heat mode? Or does Heat mode work just as well?
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby puKKa » September 8th, 2007, 10:58 pm

TheMAN wrote:Do I have to press Left, DownLeft, Down, DownRight and Right seperately?

Also, is it possible to use a PS2 controller and make it work with MBR:FT? I have the connector between the PC and the controller.

Edit: One more thing, do you have to be in Blood Heat mode? Or does Heat mode work just as well?

You press is like this for example: L = left, D = down, R = right. L(hold),D(hold),L(release),R(hold),D(release)

You can use a PS2 controller, just set it up by pressing the "Pad1"-button and set the keys up(it autorecognizes pad directions) after you've run mbr.exe.

You have to be in Heat or Blood Head for doing Arc Drives.

*Moving thread*
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby marus » September 9th, 2007, 12:32 am

I find what works best when using keyboard is to just slowly slide my finger across the arrow keys, then press C once I pass the down key. Though, I'm not exactly an adept fighter with a keyboard.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheMAN » September 10th, 2007, 4:52 am

Well after long hard training, I've finally gotten the move down packed. I can't use it at will, but I can use it at INCREDIBLY CRUCIAL MOMENTS.

I thank you all for your generous help. Really. : )

But I have one more thing to ask since I'm already here. I downloaded the MBR:FT English Patch, and I followed the directions and tried to install it, and it said it couldn't install and that I had to install the Melty Blood English patch first. Just Melty Blood. Not ReACT or Final Tuned. I do so, and it asks me to locate the Japanese CD. I choose drive D:; being the DVD drive that has my Melty Blood CD, and it says that it could not locate the CD.

I have Windows XP setup so that it can read and show Asian languages, so I don't think the problem would lie there. Does anybody have an idea as to what this means? I'd like to understand what the people are saying (in the text of course) about now. :<

Again, thanks for your help!
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raw » September 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm

You need a prior installation of Melty Blood (Vanilla) in whichever lang to install or play Melty Blood ReACT. Final Tuned is free patch from the developers. Do you have a Melty Blood FT CD/DVD?

In the forums i have seen many users reporting this kinda stuff. So, if this is the case...

I'm sorry to break it for you, but if you bought your copy from any bid or auction site, you probably got your money stolen and were sold an illegal copy. Ask other members for information on where can you get a legal copy.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby TheMAN » September 11th, 2007, 3:21 am

I'm pretty sure playasia wouldn't sell illegal copies...but if there are more people reporting this on the forums, couldn't that mean that the ENG patch has a problem on it and not the Melty Blood disc?
TheMAN
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby idontknoW » September 11th, 2007, 4:30 am

Play-Asia is legal, im sure of that.
though i assime you have to do something like this:
Install MB via CD / translation patch > Install ReAct through patch (ReAct CD in drive and FinalTuned patch prepared beforehand) > Done.

Right? (I'm not sure coz I dont have Melty Blood. [I have Act Cadenza instead])
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raw » September 13th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Just like that.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » September 15th, 2007, 9:30 am

You don't even have to run your fingers across slowly... just run it across the arrow keys at a fairly quick speed and press C.

(also, for other special attacks, I find that it works best to start with your finger on the down key, run it to the left and tap the right key for one of the specials and visa versa for the other... this is just like playing those DBZ fighting games for the SNES in that sense)
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby Raw » September 17th, 2007, 4:32 am

So i wasn't the only one playing those games.
Raw
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat