Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Unread postby Einherjar » September 4th, 2007, 7:51 pm

Does Nanaya Shiki in MB have Mystic Eye of Death Perception or not? You don't see the shattered screen when he uses his Arc-Drive...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby unluckyvampire » September 4th, 2007, 10:54 pm

I was wondering about that too. Depends on which Nanaya Shiki MB is using, the nightmare version from Kagetsu Tohya, or the alternate personality in Tsukihime. I'm pretty sure the nightmare version doesn't have the eyes but the alternate personality does.
unluckyvampire
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby hugoauthen » September 5th, 2007, 8:10 pm

the "nanaya personality" thats a part of shiki. when he killed arcueid. whenever his "Personality" took over.

but. wallachia's power is that of manifesting nightmares,

shiki's nightmare was himself turning into a killer.

the nightmare of his "murderer" in kagetsu tohya did not have the ability to use the eyes

there is a reason why the "Murderer" and shiki doesnt use/have the eyes in kagetsu tohya

GAME SPOILER FOR KAGETSU TOHYA
if shiki could see the death in len's dream, he would then see kishima kouma. and the world created by len's dream falling appart.
whenever he went out of the city to eat. he tends to meet nanaya or kouma, and he looses his glasses. and the world disolves..
it was important that shiki "forgot" or merely "did not know" about his eyes. in order to not question the existence of the (dream) world

so if the "murderer" had the eyes. that would have caused problems.

I heard that wallachia said he was "amused" or "entertained" by the eyes. or something.

but I do not think the "nanaya" in arcade mode had the eyes of death.
hugoauthen
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Masou » September 6th, 2007, 11:50 pm

is all of this story coming straight out of the game? beacuse i dont remember most of this in the anime.
does the manga have more story to it than the anime?
Masou
Might just like this board

Unread postby Eriol-kun » September 7th, 2007, 12:27 am

Game: not MB exactly, but the visual novels MB is based on. Buy them-- it's worth it, and the translations are mostly done.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Re: Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Unread postby MestHoop » September 7th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Einherjar wrote:Does Nanaya Shiki in MB have Mystic Eye of Death Perception or not? You don't see the shattered screen when he uses his Arc-Drive...

if he truly did have them in MB then it would be horrifically imbalanced XD 5C = dead opponent T_T
Anyway, I prefer throwing away story for balance when it comes to competitive games :)
MestHoop
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Masou » September 8th, 2007, 3:42 am

Eriol-kun wrote:Game: not MB exactly, but the visual novels MB is based on. Buy them-- it's worth it, and the translations are mostly done.
the manga would be Shingetsutan Tsukihime, right?
or is it known by a different name?
Masou
Might just like this board

Unread postby Einherjar » September 22nd, 2007, 8:38 pm

There is a MB manga too.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 22nd, 2007, 8:40 pm

Now I understand;
Nanaya Shiki in:
MB = eyes
MBAC/BMR = no eyes
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby DarkEyes » September 24th, 2007, 12:43 pm

Ok, I wanted to see what others think about Nanaya and this is the best topic for it..

Spoilers from Tsukihime
Actually Nanaya isn't something u can call a personality... I mean the urge to kill that Shiki gets when comming near Arc, vampire Sacchin or Akiha is just an instinct that tells him to kill the unnatural being near him.. When his Nanaya blood takes over he doesn't really have any feelings like hate, love and that kinda crap... So Nanaya is really more like a state of mind or some sort of impulse than a personality =)

Anyway, in KT the Murderer doesn't have th Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, because of the reason stated above.. Put in simple terms
He's just what Shiki's a fraid of and not the real Nanaya.. The real one being himself.. Funny to be afraid of urself, really =)

And in MB it's actually the same...

So the point being
The Nanayas of MB and KT are just Shiki's fears and nothing more...
so they don't have the Eyes..
The real Nanaya being Shiki himself does =)

Dunno if I overused the spoiler tags, but they're not too hard to ignore =)
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Re: Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Unread postby okuhoshi » September 25th, 2007, 11:38 pm

I dont think it's a big deal to know nanaya has the "EYES" or not
but if u have to ask,i'll answer u:

In Tsukihime: Nanaya = 反轉SHIKI —— YES
In Kagetsu Tohya: Nanaya = SHIKI's Nightmere —— NO
In Melty Blood : Nanaya = TATARI's Figure ——YES
In Melty Blood ReAct or Act Cadenza : Doesn't matter

Spoiler tags added by MSG. Next time spoil = ban.
okuhoshi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 14th, 2008, 5:02 am

You'd think in MB Nanaya would have the eyes sense they are the same color as Shiki's when he removes his glasses. At least the same color as they were in the PLUS+DISC. Why would Nanaya not have the eyes if the Nanaya clan was famous for abnormal abilities and Shiki was the had the inheritance of one of those?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gexer64 » August 14th, 2008, 6:47 am

Sepheriel wrote:Why would Nanaya not have the eyes if the Nanaya clan was famous for abnormal abilities and Shiki was the had the inheritance of one of those?

Shiki acquired the eyes after nearly dying in a fight with his "brother". Shiki already had a form of (Mystic eyes) from his genetic family, this may have helped him get the eyes. quoted from type moon wiki (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Eyes_of_Death_Perception)

Basically the eyes he had from genetics had yet to be defined, a sort of base form. When SHIKI had his inversion impulse, and was "killed" they were given form.

Fun fact, it's his families eyes that allow him to see akiha's hair. It is not visible to the naked eye
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 14th, 2008, 7:17 am

gexer64 wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:Why would Nanaya not have the eyes if the Nanaya clan was famous for abnormal abilities and Shiki was the had the inheritance of one of those?

Shiki acquired the eyes after nearly dying in a fight with his "brother". Shiki already had a form of (Mystic eyes) from his genetic family, this may have helped him get the eyes. quoted from type moon wiki (http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Eyes_of_Death_Perception)

Basically the eyes he had from genetics had yet to be defined, a sort of base form. When SHIKI had his inversion impulse, and was "killed" they were given form.

Fun fact, it's his families eyes that allow him to see akiha's hair. It is not visible to the naked eye

Are you saying that Akiha's red hair when she turns isn't supposed to be visible to normal eyes or the "hair attack" she uses to fry her enemies?

Also, if I remember correctly, when Shiki fought Akiha in "Nanaya mode", he used the lines and spots. Wouldn't Nanaya kinda count like that Shiki?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mazyrian » August 14th, 2008, 2:31 pm

What's not visible is the cage of hair that envelopes the enemy (in Kohaku's route's end Akiha says that Kohaku is floating, but Shiki sees that there is hair enveloping her)
Tsukihime Nanaya is Shiki when he is in "killer mode", so to speak; when he fights Akiha, or Nero Chaos. In Kagetsu Tohya is a nightmare, and doesn't have the Eyes of Death Perception. When you speak of Nanaya is a different character for each game
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 14th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Mazyrian wrote:
What's not visible is the cage of hair that envelopes the enemy (in Kohaku's route's end Akiha says that Kohaku is floating, but Shiki sees that there is hair enveloping her)
Tsukihime Nanaya is Shiki when he is in "killer mode", so to speak; when he fights Akiha, or Nero Chaos. In Kagetsu Tohya is a nightmare, and doesn't have the Eyes of Death Perception. When you speak of Nanaya is a different character for each game

I understood that. It's just I wasn't sure which Nanaya it is in MB since I didn't bother with the storyline at that time.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 14th, 2008, 9:29 pm

Oh I see. So Nanaya, in MB and Kagetsu Tohya, is just the side of Shiki that is just the killer but doesn't have Shiki's abilities. Though is seems strange with what Nanaya says like "not even gods could escape his wrath" if all he is is just a highly efficient assassin.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 14th, 2008, 10:59 pm

I actually think that Nanaya in MB, no matter which MB, is the personification of what Shiki is afraid to become, a ruthless assassin that kills no matter the nature of the being. If he is Shiki-gone-mad, he is well capable of seeing points and lines, and apparently, without any headache or anything to hinder his "work".
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby shirou12 » August 15th, 2008, 12:46 pm

ahm i just notice it, shiki's death eyes are turns to blue right? what i mean is the eyes of death perception was represented by blue color right? which means anti-demon blah blah or what you called it.

As i noticed in melty blood nanaya during his fight, i noticed that his eyes were blue while his eyes on kagetsu tohya was black. So i assume that nanaya in MB has mystic eyes.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby gexer64 » August 15th, 2008, 7:51 pm

In Kagetsu Tohya Nanaya Shiki is what shiki would have become if he stayed in the Nanaya family. He has his skills trained to the max. However, he does not have the eyes.

In melty blood, most of the forms of the Tatari are formed from Shiki's subconscious. Therefore, that would make Nanaya shiki in melty blood the same as KT.

But that's just my thoughts.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat