Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Mazyrian » August 16th, 2008, 12:52 am

I think KT Nanaya is the Shiki's fear of him becoming an assassin (his nightmare), but doesn't have the eyes, maybe because of a combination of not being something that naturally would become awake (if him would have stayed with the Nanayas) and because Len didn't give him them, because otherwise he would see that the world is fake. In MB is the materialization of the rumor of an assassin, and I would guess he has the eyes becuase otherwise Wallachia wouldn't be much interested in becoming him; also, in the original his Arc Drive is 17 Pieces (although in the other ones not).
And for the eyes, I think Shiki's eyes are indeed blue, but it doesn't show with his glasses.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 16th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Mazyrian wrote:
And for the eyes, I think Shiki's eyes are indeed blue, but it doesn't show with his glasses.

I'll wager that the eye effect, if shown now, would probably look similar to that of R-Shiki in Kara no Kyoukai, just all blue. I suppose we'll eventually find out, once the Tsukihime remake comes out. ....Probably.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby JimmyT64 » August 19th, 2008, 9:36 am

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before several times. Oh well.

In Tsukihime, Nanaya is just Shiki when under the effects of an inversion impulse - complete changing of personality. Thus, has the Mystic Eyes.

In Kagetsu Tohya, Nanaya is Shikis nightmare, and thus can't have anything that would allow him to break the dream. So no Mystic Eyes.

In the Melty Blood story mode, Nanaya is a complete copy of Shiki made by Wallachia. This gives him the mystic eyes.

In React Arcade mode, Nanaya is a copy of the nightmare Nanaya, made by White Len. No Mystic eyes there.

Did I miss anything?
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mazyrian » August 19th, 2008, 7:51 pm

In Re-ACT none of Nanaya 's attacks seem to use the eyes, but the story mode is equal, so at least there he should have them (if you suppose that MB Nanaya has them, which I think); also, remember that White Len was created from Wallachia, so Arcade Nanaya can be a copy from Story Mode Nanaya, so he would have the eyes. But no info is given that I know as for he has them or not.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Re: Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Unread postby Balcerzak » October 5th, 2008, 1:03 pm

A little late to the conversation, I know. But I thought some exact text from the game might help clear a few things up.

Melty Blood:
Story mode:
Block I: (Freaks Channel ending path)
Title: 4/The one named Nanaya

Sion-
"Foolish. Like that, you cannot reach your goal.
You will run away from your ultimate goal for just
momentary pleasure?"

Shiki Nanaya / Tatari
"Hmph. Easy for you to say. Certainly this time is
the best yet. I will not have this opportunity
again. But, that is not to say never."

"This time I will enjoy the Mystic Eyes of Death
Perception, and next time I will pursue my goal as
Tatari. I am beyond a life span.

With an endless future ahead of me, I can have an
even better chance later on."
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Re: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 5th, 2008, 6:32 pm

In Melty Blood's story mode, from what you can hear Wallachia say in the routes that Nanaya appears in, Nanaya Shiki does have Eyes of Death Perception. And as some says, Wallachia creates reality out of peoples fears and anxiety, but that fear and anxiety wasn't just the fear of a killer-version of Shiki, but the fear of a killer-version of Shiki that could kill anything that gets in his way (with his Death Perception). I don't know if Nanaya in KT had those eyes, but I'm pretty positive that Nanaya Shiki in Melty Blood (both Story and Arcade) has the eyes of Death perception (even if they skipped the shattered frame thing with him) However, Nanaya's Last Arc does not have anything to do with his eyes. I think Shiki says in KT that the technique he uses (throwing the knife, teleporting ahead of it right above his victim, then catching the knife and decapitating the victim, before teleporting back to the same spot he threw it*) was "a thechnique used by my father". His father, Kiri Nanaya was one of the most talented assassins when he was alive. So that technique may have been inherited by Shiki's "killer-side" (a.k.a Nanaya Shiki) through that "inbreeding" thing. And since Kiri did not possess the eyes of Death Perception, that move was not an attack that required those eyes (but if the victim's point of Death was on his/her throat, I don't think Nanaya would ignore that xD).

*In both MB and KT Nanaya's quotes is the same "Chokushi... Nanaya..." basiclly meaning "Instant death... Nanaya..."

That's the way I see it, I may be right or wrong, but even so, Nanaya is one of my favorite chars. Can't stop playing with him!
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby s4itox » October 6th, 2008, 9:00 am

NanatsuYa wrote:In Melty Blood's story mode, from what you can hear Wallachia say in the routes that Nanaya appears in, Nanaya Shiki does have Eyes of Death Perception. And as some says, Wallachia creates reality out of peoples fears and anxiety, but that fear and anxiety wasn't just the fear of a killer-version of Shiki, but the fear of a killer-version of Shiki that could kill anything that gets in his way (with his Death Perception). I don't know if Nanaya in KT had those eyes, but I'm pretty positive that Nanaya Shiki in Melty Blood (both Story and Arcade) has the eyes of Death perception (even if they skipped the shattered frame thing with him) However, Nanaya's Last Arc does not have anything to do with his eyes. I think Shiki says in KT that the technique he uses (throwing the knife, teleporting ahead of it right above his victim, then catching the knife and decapitating the victim, before teleporting back to the same spot he threw it*) was "a thechnique used by my father". His father, Kiri Nanaya was one of the most talented assassins when he was alive. So that technique may have been inherited by Shiki's "killer-side" (a.k.a Nanaya Shiki) through that "inbreeding" thing. And since Kiri did not possess the eyes of Death Perception, that move was not an attack that required those eyes (but if the victim's point of Death was on his/her throat, I don't think Nanaya would ignore that xD).

*In both MB and KT Nanaya's quotes is the same "Chokushi... Nanaya..." basiclly meaning "Instant death... Nanaya..."

That's the way I see it, I may be right or wrong, but even so, Nanaya is one of my favorite chars. Can't stop playing with him!

I'm pretty sure it's Kyokushi: Nanaya, not Chokushi. I think Chokushi comes from Chokushi no Magan, or "eyes that perceive death".

In Tsukihime, Nanaya is just an "awakened" Shiki. And since in essence that is just Shiki, Nanaya therefore has the MEoDP. The fight against Nrvnqsr is just Shiki caught in an infatuating urge to kill and the knowledge of how to do it, much like how he shadowed Arc and cut her into 17 pieces. Rather, the only instances of "Nanaya" are when he runs into SHIKI in the back alley (their chat about fighting bulldogs and twisted worlds) and when he fights against Akiha in Kohaku's route.
In KT, when Shiki encounters Nanaya at various spots, Nanaya tells Shiki that he's just a personality formed from Shiki's fears. In other words, a nightmare. Being an actor of the show known as Shiki's dream, Nanaya did not get the MEoDP, which would kill the dream, and he was subsequently removed from time to time when he got too troublesome (example, back alley requiem).
Kyokushi Nanaya in KT made no reference to catching the knife, nor teleporting back to where he started from. Also, Nanaya actually makes a stupidly impossible jump to Shiki, not teleporting.
KT Scene: Killer at Night II wrote:He raises his arm.
He'll definitely throw it. I predict and ready my body for the attack.
We each have only one weapon.
If I deflect his knife, then the victory is mine.
------------Kyokushi.
The shadow comes like a banshee.
The tucked arm moves to my side immediately.
Preparing for the death blow, the shadow turns his back to me.
Swoosh! The figure turns like a top.
Woosh! The glimmer of the knife that cuts the wind.
"-----------"
I watch with my eyes and judge that I can parry the attack, but,
As I throw the knife away, he comes into my vision.
"-----------"
What kind of a trick is this?
As if swayed by the moonlight, he takes off into the air, still with his back toward me.
Head down. He flips midair.
A nightmarish speed. Along with the knife he threw, he comes.
"-----------"
When I realize, I'm already in a pinch.
If I hit, my intestines, not to mention my heart will be gone.
If I don't parry, then it'll be death.
"-----------"
I can't help but do this.
I instinctively parry the knife, and the impact shakes my body.
As my body shakes, the figure in the air grabs my head.
"Ah..."
Crunch. The neckbone gives way.
------------Nanaya.
The shadow says.
His beastly movements now miraculously appear so beautiful.
He pulls out with one hand still twisting my head.
My spine hanging like a tail, I see myself in his hands.
The shadow lands without sound.
On the street is a body without a head, still not realizing its own death.
Only the head left, I realize my death before my body.
------------The killer is back.
Before I lost consciousness.
I remember that this miraculous dance under the moonlight belongs to a person whom I called father.

The knife is not caught; where the knife lands is irrelevant, since Shiki is now decapitated. :P
Also, I think that rather than "learning" the technique through inbreeding, Nanaya would have been taught by his father, or at least learnt from watching.
In MB (Story), Nanaya is a complete copy of Shiki that's lost control to his killing urges (one of Shiki's nightmares, outlined in Kagetsu Tohya). Since it's a complete copy, he has the MEoDP.
In MB (Arcade), Nanaya is a nightmare brought back to life by White Len. Since White Len herself is a nightmare caused by Warachia, I would assume that the level of the realisation is brought down by one, so Nanaya would not have the MEoDP.
s4itox
Might just like this board

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 6th, 2008, 3:39 pm

s4itox wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's Kyokushi: Nanaya, not Chokushi. I think Chokushi comes from Chokushi no Magan, or "eyes that perceive death".

In Tsukihime, Nanaya is just an "awakened" Shiki. And since in essence that is just Shiki, Nanaya therefore has the MEoDP. The fight against Nrvnqsr is just Shiki caught in an infatuating urge to kill and the knowledge of how to do it, much like how he shadowed Arc and cut her into 17 pieces. Rather, the only instances of "Nanaya" are when he runs into SHIKI in the back alley (their chat about fighting bulldogs and twisted worlds) and when he fights against Akiha in Kohaku's route.
In KT, when Shiki encounters Nanaya at various spots, Nanaya tells Shiki that he's just a personality formed from Shiki's fears. In other words, a nightmare. Being an actor of the show known as Shiki's dream, Nanaya did not get the MEoDP, which would kill the dream, and he was subsequently removed from time to time when he got too troublesome (example, back alley requiem).
Kyokushi Nanaya in KT made no reference to catching the knife, nor teleporting back to where he started from. Also, Nanaya actually makes a stupidly impossible jump to Shiki, not teleporting.
KT Scene: Killer at Night II wrote:He raises his arm.
He'll definitely throw it. I predict and ready my body for the attack.
We each have only one weapon.
If I deflect his knife, then the victory is mine.
------------Kyokushi.
The shadow comes like a banshee.
The tucked arm moves to my side immediately.
Preparing for the death blow, the shadow turns his back to me.
Swoosh! The figure turns like a top.
Woosh! The glimmer of the knife that cuts the wind.
"-----------"
I watch with my eyes and judge that I can parry the attack, but,
As I throw the knife away, he comes into my vision.
"-----------"
What kind of a trick is this?
As if swayed by the moonlight, he takes off into the air, still with his back toward me.
Head down. He flips midair.
A nightmarish speed. Along with the knife he threw, he comes.
"-----------"
When I realize, I'm already in a pinch.
If I hit, my intestines, not to mention my heart will be gone.
If I don't parry, then it'll be death.
"-----------"
I can't help but do this.
I instinctively parry the knife, and the impact shakes my body.
As my body shakes, the figure in the air grabs my head.
"Ah..."
Crunch. The neckbone gives way.
------------Nanaya.
The shadow says.
His beastly movements now miraculously appear so beautiful.
He pulls out with one hand still twisting my head.
My spine hanging like a tail, I see myself in his hands.
The shadow lands without sound.
On the street is a body without a head, still not realizing its own death.
Only the head left, I realize my death before my body.
------------The killer is back.
Before I lost consciousness.
I remember that this miraculous dance under the moonlight belongs to a person whom I called father.

The knife is not caught; where the knife lands is irrelevant, since Shiki is now decapitated. :P
Also, I think that rather than "learning" the technique through inbreeding, Nanaya would have been taught by his father, or at least learnt from watching.
In MB (Story), Nanaya is a complete copy of Shiki that's lost control to his killing urges (one of Shiki's nightmares, outlined in Kagetsu Tohya). Since it's a complete copy, he has the MEoDP.
In MB (Arcade), Nanaya is a nightmare brought back to life by White Len. Since White Len herself is a nightmare caused by Warachia, I would assume that the level of the realisation is brought down by one, so Nanaya would not have the MEoDP.

I stand corrected xD

But W. Len was created from Wallachia's remains by (ReACT lastboss) Aoko Aozaki, Wallachia didn't create W. Len (since he was killed completely by Shiki).
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat