Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » August 16th, 2008, 12:52 am

► Show Spoiler
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Cat Megex » August 16th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Mazyrian wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread post by JimmyT64 » August 19th, 2008, 9:36 am

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before several times. Oh well.
► Show Spoiler
Did I miss anything?
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » August 19th, 2008, 7:51 pm

► Show Spoiler
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Re: Mystic Eye of Death Perception Qustion

Unread post by Balcerzak » October 5th, 2008, 1:03 pm

A little late to the conversation, I know. But I thought some exact text from the game might help clear a few things up.

Melty Blood:
Story mode:
Block I: (Freaks Channel ending path)
Title: 4/The one named Nanaya
► Show Spoiler

NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Re: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception

Unread post by NanatsuYa » October 5th, 2008, 6:32 pm

In Melty Blood's story mode, from what you can hear Wallachia say in the routes that Nanaya appears in, Nanaya Shiki does have Eyes of Death Perception. And as some says, Wallachia creates reality out of peoples fears and anxiety, but that fear and anxiety wasn't just the fear of a killer-version of Shiki, but the fear of a killer-version of Shiki that could kill anything that gets in his way (with his Death Perception). I don't know if Nanaya in KT had those eyes, but I'm pretty positive that Nanaya Shiki in Melty Blood (both Story and Arcade) has the eyes of Death perception (even if they skipped the shattered frame thing with him) However, Nanaya's Last Arc does not have anything to do with his eyes. I think Shiki says in KT that the technique he uses (throwing the knife, teleporting ahead of it right above his victim, then catching the knife and decapitating the victim, before teleporting back to the same spot he threw it*) was "a thechnique used by my father". His father, Kiri Nanaya was one of the most talented assassins when he was alive. So that technique may have been inherited by Shiki's "killer-side" (a.k.a Nanaya Shiki) through that "inbreeding" thing. And since Kiri did not possess the eyes of Death Perception, that move was not an attack that required those eyes (but if the victim's point of Death was on his/her throat, I don't think Nanaya would ignore that xD).

*In both MB and KT Nanaya's quotes is the same "Chokushi... Nanaya..." basiclly meaning "Instant death... Nanaya..."

That's the way I see it, I may be right or wrong, but even so, Nanaya is one of my favorite chars. Can't stop playing with him!

s4itox
Might just like this board

Unread post by s4itox » October 6th, 2008, 9:00 am

NanatsuYa wrote:In Melty Blood's story mode, from what you can hear Wallachia say in the routes that Nanaya appears in, Nanaya Shiki does have Eyes of Death Perception. And as some says, Wallachia creates reality out of peoples fears and anxiety, but that fear and anxiety wasn't just the fear of a killer-version of Shiki, but the fear of a killer-version of Shiki that could kill anything that gets in his way (with his Death Perception). I don't know if Nanaya in KT had those eyes, but I'm pretty positive that Nanaya Shiki in Melty Blood (both Story and Arcade) has the eyes of Death perception (even if they skipped the shattered frame thing with him) However, Nanaya's Last Arc does not have anything to do with his eyes. I think Shiki says in KT that the technique he uses (throwing the knife, teleporting ahead of it right above his victim, then catching the knife and decapitating the victim, before teleporting back to the same spot he threw it*) was "a thechnique used by my father". His father, Kiri Nanaya was one of the most talented assassins when he was alive. So that technique may have been inherited by Shiki's "killer-side" (a.k.a Nanaya Shiki) through that "inbreeding" thing. And since Kiri did not possess the eyes of Death Perception, that move was not an attack that required those eyes (but if the victim's point of Death was on his/her throat, I don't think Nanaya would ignore that xD).

*In both MB and KT Nanaya's quotes is the same "Chokushi... Nanaya..." basiclly meaning "Instant death... Nanaya..."

That's the way I see it, I may be right or wrong, but even so, Nanaya is one of my favorite chars. Can't stop playing with him!
I'm pretty sure it's Kyokushi: Nanaya, not Chokushi. I think Chokushi comes from Chokushi no Magan, or "eyes that perceive death".

In Tsukihime, Nanaya is just an "awakened" Shiki. And since in essence that is just Shiki, Nanaya therefore has the MEoDP. The fight against Nrvnqsr is just Shiki caught in an infatuating urge to kill and the knowledge of how to do it, much like how he shadowed Arc and cut her into 17 pieces. Rather, the only instances of "Nanaya" are when he runs into SHIKI in the back alley (their chat about fighting bulldogs and twisted worlds) and when he fights against Akiha in Kohaku's route.
In KT, when Shiki encounters Nanaya at various spots, Nanaya tells Shiki that he's just a personality formed from Shiki's fears. In other words, a nightmare. Being an actor of the show known as Shiki's dream, Nanaya did not get the MEoDP, which would kill the dream, and he was subsequently removed from time to time when he got too troublesome (example, back alley requiem).
Kyokushi Nanaya in KT made no reference to catching the knife, nor teleporting back to where he started from. Also, Nanaya actually makes a stupidly impossible jump to Shiki, not teleporting.
► Show Spoiler
The knife is not caught; where the knife lands is irrelevant, since Shiki is now decapitated. :P
Also, I think that rather than "learning" the technique through inbreeding, Nanaya would have been taught by his father, or at least learnt from watching.
In MB (Story), Nanaya is a complete copy of Shiki that's lost control to his killing urges (one of Shiki's nightmares, outlined in Kagetsu Tohya). Since it's a complete copy, he has the MEoDP.
In MB (Arcade), Nanaya is a nightmare brought back to life by White Len. Since White Len herself is a nightmare caused by Warachia, I would assume that the level of the realisation is brought down by one, so Nanaya would not have the MEoDP.

NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread post by NanatsuYa » October 6th, 2008, 3:39 pm

s4itox wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's Kyokushi: Nanaya, not Chokushi. I think Chokushi comes from Chokushi no Magan, or "eyes that perceive death".

In Tsukihime, Nanaya is just an "awakened" Shiki. And since in essence that is just Shiki, Nanaya therefore has the MEoDP. The fight against Nrvnqsr is just Shiki caught in an infatuating urge to kill and the knowledge of how to do it, much like how he shadowed Arc and cut her into 17 pieces. Rather, the only instances of "Nanaya" are when he runs into SHIKI in the back alley (their chat about fighting bulldogs and twisted worlds) and when he fights against Akiha in Kohaku's route.
In KT, when Shiki encounters Nanaya at various spots, Nanaya tells Shiki that he's just a personality formed from Shiki's fears. In other words, a nightmare. Being an actor of the show known as Shiki's dream, Nanaya did not get the MEoDP, which would kill the dream, and he was subsequently removed from time to time when he got too troublesome (example, back alley requiem).
Kyokushi Nanaya in KT made no reference to catching the knife, nor teleporting back to where he started from. Also, Nanaya actually makes a stupidly impossible jump to Shiki, not teleporting.
► Show Spoiler
The knife is not caught; where the knife lands is irrelevant, since Shiki is now decapitated. :P
Also, I think that rather than "learning" the technique through inbreeding, Nanaya would have been taught by his father, or at least learnt from watching.
In MB (Story), Nanaya is a complete copy of Shiki that's lost control to his killing urges (one of Shiki's nightmares, outlined in Kagetsu Tohya). Since it's a complete copy, he has the MEoDP.
In MB (Arcade), Nanaya is a nightmare brought back to life by White Len. Since White Len herself is a nightmare caused by Warachia, I would assume that the level of the realisation is brought down by one, so Nanaya would not have the MEoDP.
I stand corrected xD

But W. Len was created from Wallachia's remains by (ReACT lastboss) Aoko Aozaki, Wallachia didn't create W. Len (since he was killed completely by Shiki).