MBAC Translation Progress

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » April 13th, 2008, 8:09 am

Superflonic wrote:But I wonder what benefit you would get from a text-only patch. Seriously, I don't think you'll like to read ero from F/SN, while not having any background pics. And you'll miss out on the story itself too.

And also, MBAC thread. A text patch for a fighting game? Not really usefull, I think. Only if a flowchart is provided with it, so you can see which text corresponds with the number on the flowchart. Which would only mean spoiler, but whatever floats your boat.
From my understanding, a text-only patch would only patch the text portion of the game. You'd still be able to play the game, and all the places where text appears (such as in arcade mode, there's the bits before and after the fight), that would be translated. Menus (i.e. main menu) would still retain their original graphics.

Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Superflonic » April 13th, 2008, 8:11 am

AlinSabel wrote: From my understanding, a text-only patch would only patch the text portion of the game. You'd still be able to play the game, and all the places where text appears (such as in arcade mode, there's the bits before and after the fight), that would be translated. Menus (i.e. main menu) would still retain their original graphics.
Ah, right. That does explain a lot. Thanks.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread post by Ryuusoul » April 13th, 2008, 12:31 pm

I think our image guy is finally getting done soon...

mooks
Might just like this board

Unread post by mooks » April 14th, 2008, 5:11 pm

oh man, i cant wait
GO IMAGE GUY GO

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » April 14th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Once the translation's done and patch released, is there any chance to see some sort of archive unpacking/graphic decoding tools for the game?

*in before topic killed/ignore mode*

Tuxedo717
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Tuxedo717 » April 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

I second that....go image guy go!! :)

zoop

Unread post by zoop » April 16th, 2008, 6:06 am

Ciel wrote:Once the translation's done and patch released, is there any chance to see some sort of archive unpacking/graphic decoding tools for the game?

*in before topic killed/ignore mode*
I've been curious about this myself. Epic win, it would be.

DragoonKnight

Unread post by DragoonKnight » May 13th, 2008, 10:20 am

Nice to see it's still alive, just 1.88% of editing to go :wink:

DragoonKnight

Unread post by DragoonKnight » May 24th, 2008, 2:57 am

I'm curious is it possible to put blood effects back in?

Dtrini
Addict

Unread post by Dtrini » May 27th, 2008, 12:46 am

not gonna play melty blood until until.....

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » June 15th, 2008, 4:49 am

DragoonKnight wrote:I'm curious is it possible to put blood effects back in?
There WERE blood effects before???

How much time has it been since the "Graphics editing" progress percentage has been 98.2% ? Is the project in idle state?
Last edited by abscess on June 15th, 2008, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

mooks

Unread post by mooks » June 15th, 2008, 9:20 am

abscess wrote:
DragoonKnight wrote:I'm curious is it possible to put blood effects back in?
There WHERE blood effects before???

How much time has it been since the "Graphics editing" progress percentage has been 98.2% ? Is the project in idle state?
there were blood effects in ReACT but it was removed in AC (probably because its an arcade release)

been a couple of weeks since gfx was on 98.2%, it's not in idle state though
probably done but they just havent updated it yet, the team's probably finalising it

waiting patiently

ScorchingFalcon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by ScorchingFalcon » June 27th, 2008, 3:42 pm

exe hacking : WIP...
StoryTales ~A Place Where All Tales Belong

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » June 28th, 2008, 1:40 am

ScorchingFalcon wrote:exe hacking : WIP...
"exe hacking"'s status has been in WIP for quite a while, the same is for 98.12% of image editing. I'm not saying that MM guys should hurry or anything, just saying that it hasn't been updated, thus preventing anyone from thinking that the project page has been... updated.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

altprimus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by altprimus » August 6th, 2008, 4:24 am

Update please?

Unread post by Message » August 6th, 2008, 7:14 am

Try F5.

Dtrini
Addict

Unread post by Dtrini » August 7th, 2008, 6:36 pm

updates are a taboo in this forums . everyone knows this

Ryu Hayabusa
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Ryu Hayabusa » August 8th, 2008, 4:55 am

On the other hand, asking for some information after months of silence is hardly unreasonable. Really, is it coming anytime soon or has the project been delayed?

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » August 8th, 2008, 6:02 am

Ryu Hayabusa wrote:Really, is it coming anytime soon or has the project been delayed?
That part obviously won't be answered. Also, if it's in the actives list, it's 'active'. It's the same answer as all the other times asked, and we can be pretty damn certain the answer is the same if you ask later in the future.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » August 8th, 2008, 8:13 am

It's currently in beta testing. We're not going to give a release date, but we're getting close. There are some small glitches and other stuff like text and grammar needs to be checked. I'll make some screen shots later.
-[J1N]- wrote:
Ryu Hayabusa wrote:Really, is it coming anytime soon or has the project been delayed?
That part obviously won't be answered. Also, if it's in the actives list, it's 'active'. It's the same answer as all the other times asked, and we can be pretty damn certain the answer is the same if you ask later in the future.
Heh, I'd like to get this project out of the way quickly too. I have too many projects on my hands, not to mention studying at uni. I'll try to answer questions asked about updates, as long as there aren't too many at once.