MBAC Translation Progress

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Cloud Nine
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 26
Joined: August 10th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Unread post by Cloud Nine » November 29th, 2007, 6:35 am

Like, so are we just making the regular patch, or the text patch first? Like, I just want to know if we're still making that.

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread post by -[J1N]- » November 29th, 2007, 7:26 am

No one knows if there'll be a text-only patch or not. Judging from how things are going, they'll probably just be a regular patch, rather than a text-only one. The patch shouldn't take that much longer anyway, so it'll just be a waste of effort if they were to release a text-only patch right now. Just wait a little longer; there's bound to be a response sooner or later.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy
Posts: 318
Joined: September 5th, 2004, 3:05 am

Unread post by Ryuusoul » November 30th, 2007, 7:16 pm

We're waiting on an installer and for images to be finished.

Ziorich
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 1
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Unread post by Ziorich » January 11th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Hmm, Im just wondering just to be sure. Is this patch going to work on the Melty Blood: AC v.B too, or only the regular version?

Superflonic
Crack Desu!
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread post by Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Hmm.
About the text patch, would sound great.
Even though I don't have Act Cadenza, somewhere in the near future I'll be sure to pick it up somewhere.

But, two questions.
Game-hacking and Version B?

I mean, isn't this whole translation-team supported by Type-Moon?
At least, that's what I thought, I never actually read it.
But, if it was, wouldn't Type-Moon help you with game-hacking?
Or provide you with the source code for those files you need to crack?
(Also, what exactly do you mean by cracking? As in, editing files that are usually read-only? Understanding what's in the files? (though that's more programming than hacking))

And why is the PC version of Act Cadenza called Ver. B?
Because it was a later version of the original Act Cadenza, only for PS2?

Ciel
Crack Desu!
Posts: 454
Joined: March 11th, 2004, 6:44 am

Unread post by Ciel » January 19th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Nope, mirror moon has nothing to do with type moon.

Also version B is the upgraded arcade/ps2 version. New design for the system's looks, new lifebars, playable White Len etc.

Superflonic
Crack Desu!
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread post by Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Ciel wrote:Nope, mirror moon has nothing to do with type moon.
So, no recognition from T-M?
Well, isn't that sad.
Also version B is the upgraded arcade/ps2 version. New design for the system's looks, new lifebars, playable White Len etc.
But that's the same name for the PC port, right?

And also, what kinds of Act Cadenza are there?
Which you have to buy and which you can download?

Message
Master of Bad Puns
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread post by Message » January 19th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Superflonic wrote:I mean, isn't this whole translation-team supported by Type-Moon?
ROFL! Now THAT would be the day! :lol: :lol: :lol: Honey, if we were doing these translations officially, we'd be SELLING the damn games. And we'd all be richer than the queen by now. No, we are NOT supported by TYPE-MOON and we never will be. Unless you could give us, say, a hundred million dollars so that we can buy the rights to Tsukihime. It's more likely that TYPE-MOON starts hunting us down for illegally translating their work.
Superflonic wrote:Also, what exactly do you mean by cracking? As in, editing files that are usually read-only? Understanding what's in the files? (though that's more programming than hacking)
Hacking is not cracking. Cracking would be to make a game run without the DVD, for example. We don't do things like that. What we do is reverse-engineer ('hack') the games to find out where and how the text/images/etc are stored, how we can modify them, and how we can make the game willing to play with the modifications.
Superflonic wrote:And also, what kinds of Act Cadenza are there? Which you have to buy and which you can download?
You have to buy any version. No version of Melty Blood can be legally downloaded.

Superflonic
Crack Desu!
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread post by Superflonic » January 20th, 2008, 9:46 am

Message wrote:
Superflonic wrote:I mean, isn't this whole translation-team supported by Type-Moon?
ROFL! Now THAT would be the day! :lol: :lol: :lol: Honey, if we were doing these translations officially, we'd be SELLING the damn games. And we'd all be richer than the queen by now. No, we are NOT supported by TYPE-MOON and we never will be. Unless you could give us, say, a hundred million dollars so that we can buy the rights to Tsukihime. It's more likely that TYPE-MOON starts hunting us down for illegally translating their work.
:shock:
And you're telling people like me to not do illegal stuff :(
(Just kidding :))
But anyway, have you never even had contact with T-M?
About your translations?
Superflonic wrote:And also, what kinds of Act Cadenza are there? Which you have to buy and which you can download?
You have to buy any version. No version of Melty Blood can be legally downloaded.
I think you misunderstood me.
What is needed to run the english patch for Act Cadenza (when it's finished, of course)?
What is stand-alone and what is an expansion?
Melty Blood + Melty Blood ReAct (+Final Tuned update) is one entire game, right?
And Act Cadenza is stand-alone? Or an expansion like ReAct as well?

Kanzar
Crack Addic!
Posts: 164
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 3:41 am

Unread post by Kanzar » January 20th, 2008, 10:14 am

MB, MBR and MB:AC are all standalone games. React is not an expansion of MB, it is a standalone, but it is an 'expanded' version of MB afaik.

EDIT: Hmm... is MBR expansion of MB? o_o *can't remember* Well, if you're not sure, google it. XD
Last edited by Kanzar on January 21st, 2008, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. X
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 20
Joined: December 12th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Unread post by Mr. X » January 20th, 2008, 10:29 am

Melty Blood ReACT is an expansion of Melty Blood and requires MB to be installed. Final Tuned is a free download add-on to ReACT. Act Cadenza is a stand-alone version for the arcade and PS2, Act Cadenza Ver. B is the PC version of Act Cadenza (with a few upgrades).

Message
Master of Bad Puns
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread post by Message » January 20th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Superflonic wrote:But anyway, have you never even had contact with T-M? About your translations?
No, and we never will. Take for example Tsukihime. As I said you'd need to pay a huge amount of money to get the publishing rights to this title. Far more money than anyone will ever be willing/able to pay for the rights. Thus, the game will never be licensed and that's why we don't feel bad about translating the games for free. Talking to TYPE-MOON about our work is only asking for trouble.
Superflonic wrote:What is needed to run the english patch for Act Cadenza (when it's finished, of course)?
To play Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B English, you'll need Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B. Nothing more, nothing less.

Superflonic
Crack Desu!
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread post by Superflonic » January 20th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Message wrote:As I said you'd need to pay a huge amount of money to get the publishing rights to this title./quote]

Or, of course, you'd be willing to at least show your work to Type-Moon.
Then again, you'd be having the risk that they wouldn't approve of it, thus making your work actually illegal.
But anyway, maybe asking for donations would be a good idea?
Just to make this site run, or something.
I don't know.
Talking to TYPE-MOON about our work is only asking for trouble.
I already guessed that, but isn't it inevitable that Type-Moon staff find out eventually?
I mean, I can't really think of a reason why they'd be giving you a hard time, but there probably are numerous reasons to.
Then again, if there aren't any, there are still companies that give you a hard time without a reason, of course.

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread post by -[J1N]- » January 20th, 2008, 11:33 pm

Superflonic wrote: Or, of course, you'd be willing to at least show your work to Type-Moon.
Then again, you'd be having the risk that they wouldn't approve of it, thus making your work actually illegal.
But anyway, maybe asking for donations would be a good idea?
Just to make this site run, or something.
I don't know.
The staff at mirrormoon already stated that they don't need any sort of donations. To better support them the best way would be to buy the games. If you already have ALL of them, buy it again =P. Umm, if you're talking about TM donating to this site, that would be suicide.
Superflonic wrote:
Talking to TYPE-MOON about our work is only asking for trouble.
I already guessed that, but isn't it inevitable that Type-Moon staff find out eventually?
I mean, I can't really think of a reason why they'd be giving you a hard time, but there probably are numerous reasons to.
Then again, if there aren't any, there are still companies that give you a hard time without a reason, of course.
[/quote]

It is already possible they know of this site, but choose to ignore it, because they don't seem to mind these translations too much. Right now it'd be easiest to just stay invisible until they find out. If they DO, then we can just ask them for permission from then. In other words, it's better to keep keep going until a problem with TM arises, which would lead to the same situation as asking them. If we ask them now and get denied, it's all over then. If we keep going and ask when they question us and get denied, well, we got those extra translations finished first. :twisted:

This is what I personally think the situation is, there probably are other reasons too.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 24
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 2:49 am

Unread post by Sesshiroth » April 11th, 2008, 2:33 am

I don't really mind one way or another how long the patch takes, I know that you guys make awesome patches, and I'd rather you take your time and do your best rather than rush it. On another topic, is it possible to buy the first Melty Blood and ReACT as well as final tune anywhere? I did find Act B, so im wondering if there is a text walkthrough while I wait for the patch, but I also want to buy the first ones unless you guys recommend I dont.

Gelmax
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 23
Joined: March 11th, 2008, 7:54 pm

Unread post by Gelmax » April 13th, 2008, 3:18 am

Considering the length of time image editing has taken, is a text patch still out of the question? I understand that images take a long time to edit and that can't be helped, but most of the stuff that I'm pretty sure is stored as images (such as movelists) is largely unimportant and can be found translated elsewhere on the internet if you look around a bit, while the stuff that I'm pretty sure is stored as text (such as Arcade Mode's pre-battle dialogue and endings) makes up pretty much all of the storyline and largely isn't translated at all anywhere besides Mirror-Moon. The possibility of a text-only patch was also offered a long time ago, and given the lack of updates we're forced to assume either that the project has stalled or that image editing is still ongoing (and taking considerably longer than expected), so those of us who would be absolutely fine with a text-only patch (based on the first page of this thread, it's not just me who feels that way) and don't care about the images don't want to wait even longer because of the image editing which has already taken all these months.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!
Posts: 726
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm

Unread post by AlinSabel » April 13th, 2008, 4:18 am

Like with the UBW leak, mirrormoon does not like having incomplete patches associated with their name. A text patch followed by a full patch would be an example of that...

Gelmax
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 23
Joined: March 11th, 2008, 7:54 pm

Unread post by Gelmax » April 13th, 2008, 7:16 am

AlinSabel wrote:Like with the UBW leak, mirrormoon does not like having incomplete patches associated with their name. A text patch followed by a full patch would be an example of that...
That is completely and totally incorrect. First of all, all the Fate Stay/Night patches so far are incomplete patches, and there will not be a complete Fate Stay/Night translation patch until the finished Fate+UBW+HF patch. Second of all, Mirror-Moon themselves offered the possibility of a text-only patch. No offense, but I was asking this question to people who can properly answer it...

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!
Posts: 726
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm

Unread post by AlinSabel » April 13th, 2008, 7:51 am

Gelmax wrote:That is completely and totally incorrect. First of all, all the Fate Stay/Night patches so far are incomplete patches, and there will not be a complete Fate Stay/Night translation patch until the finished Fate+UBW+HF patch. Second of all, Mirror-Moon themselves offered the possibility of a text-only patch. No offense, but I was asking this question to people who can properly answer it...
I was going to cover that in my reply but I figured people would be able to see the differences between the way F/SN is being released and an 'incomplete' patch.
The difference? You won't be getting any major changes in those routes bar typo fixes. Essentially, those arcs are completed, and so the patch was called version1.0 rather than version 0.333 or whatever. For a text-only patch, it would not be a full version patch, and would thus be v0.9 or something like that.

And what if mirrormoon mentioned it? It doesn't mean they really are going to do it - it was only something one of their members tossed about as an idea.

Several notes: It's not Mirror-Moon. When people say 'no offence', they actually do mean offence, which brings all sorts of implications about the person's character to the surface.

Superflonic
Crack Desu!
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread post by Superflonic » April 13th, 2008, 7:59 am

AlinSabel wrote: I was going to cover that in my reply but I figured people would be able to see the differences between the way F/SN is being released and an 'incomplete' patch.
The difference? You won't be getting any major changes in those routes bar typo fixes. Essentially, those arcs are completed, and so the patch was called version1.0 rather than version 0.333 or whatever. For a text-only patch, it would not be a full version patch, and would thus be v0.9 or something like that.
But I wonder what benefit you would get from a text-only patch. Seriously, I don't think you'll like to read ero from F/SN, while not having any background pics. And you'll miss out on the story itself too.

And also, MBAC thread. A text patch for a fighting game? Not really usefull, I think. Only if a flowchart is provided with it, so you can see which text corresponds with the number on the flowchart. Which would only mean spoiler, but whatever floats your boat.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap

Post Reply