=A couple of Questions=

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

=A couple of Questions=

Unread postby Allegra » July 17th, 2004, 2:01 pm

It?s really been...

?????A long time, hasn't it? If I don't remember incorrectly, the last time I posted in these forums was during march. So I guess a "hello everybody" is a must.....so HELLO everybody.....done, I feel better already!

?????I do have a couple of questions. The first one is regarding Melty Blood RE-Act, if I'm not mistaken there should be a little trainer allowing you to play as the secret characters....trainer I'd like to get my hands on :D (maybe just to hear Sphere! Break! Slide! one more time hehe). Also I've heard the last patch is version 2.003 (I read it somewhere), but I think I downloaded the last one and it was version 2.002, could somebody help me with these (also an adress for the patch wouldn't be unappreciated....hehe, I'm such an incompetent bastard :p). The last question regarding Melty Blood RE-Act; it has to do with the "I'm too tough to block moron" Executioner Ciel character: I'm playing version 2.002 of the game and I think this particular fight is stupid (not saying it's easy), I mean the battle can be won or lost pretty much on pure luck, easy to say that Ciel could kick some serious butt if she wanted to (and sometimes she does :cry: ) but some other times she just sits there letting me slap her silly (as I wouldn't dare to combo her, when I do she gets upsets and gives me the horn :lol: ); so any tips??.

?????On a different subject, about TsukiHime. When you do release the patch (it's not a question) could you also offer something to us poor sods who don't have the game....like a txt or something? Yeah yeah, I could easily get the game from E-mule or something like that but nevertheless, I guess I'm just intrigued by the story.

?????Oh! I almost forgot. What about starting some topics about particular characters in RE-Act, like we last did with Ciel? (I got a good start at the University, so I'm now in vacations....behold! free time!). Actually I'd like to say that Xev you can now really be proud, your girl (Ciel) can now (much more than before) kick some serious butt!!, your days of being the "Only Ciel Fanboy" are over....of course you still get the title for being there before us :D :D :D

?????=Allegra=

PD: I'm without signature or Avatar!!!! :cry: :cry: , somebody care to help out :D.....

PD2!!!!!!!: I forgot, any of you have some utility to rip graphics in both Melty Blood, and Melty Blood RE-Act???, please if you do tell me I have been looking for something like that for a long time.

.....Ok, now its done

?????=Allegra=
-->Sometimes you just have one signature...get over it...<--
Allegra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby tjm » July 17th, 2004, 6:09 pm

Patches are posted on http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/zaki.htm - the 2.003 one (which seems to be the last one for a while) is http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/mbr0702c.exe

The unlocker's at http://mainmast.dyndns.org/~tjm/MBRunlock.zip - the readme should explain everything you need to know to use it; it should work for any versions up to 2.003.

As for Executioner Ciel, I tend to stick to hit-and-run tactics; longer range moves with short enough recovery times that Arcueid can switch to blocking when Ciel actually attacks (and then retreat...).

Melty Blood sprites are a rather trickier issue. You may find this thread useful, you may not: http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... on=display

- tjm

(Side note to anyone who's interested: The existence of this post sadly does not mean that I have internet access again.)
tjm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » July 17th, 2004, 8:39 pm

On a different subject, about TsukiHime. When you do release the patch (it's not a question) could you also offer something to us poor sods who don't have the game....like a txt or something? Yeah yeah, I could easily get the game from E-mule or something like that but nevertheless, I guess I'm just intrigued by the story.

The most likely thing we will do is translate the ?preview? available on Tsukihime Plus disc. As for a raw text release, I highly doubt we can do that, simply due to the nature of how the script is written for the game. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will also have reliable news on how available importing Tsukihime from Japan may be.
Oh! I almost forgot. What about starting some topics about particular characters in RE-Act, like we last did with Ciel? (I got a good start at the University, so I'm now in vacations....behold! free time!). Actually I'd like to say that Xev you can now really be proud, your girl (Ciel) can now (much more than before) kick some serious butt!!, your days of being the "Only Ciel Fanboy" are over....of course you still get the title for being there before us

Yeah, from the few people I know that play Melty Blood, most prefer playing as either Akiha or Shiki Tohno. Ciel is very powerful in ReACT compared to some other characters (I personally think Len and Satsuki could use more effective launchers (I have yet to find ?true? launchers for either). I?ve taken on Len as my #2 preferred character (as apposed to Akiha), but its disappointing to not have a solid launcher.
Patches are posted on http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/zaki.htm - the 2.003 one (which seems to be the last one for a while) is http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/mbr0702c.exe

Hehe, tjm, I?m fairly sure that that patch you directly linked to it 2.004 (the last patch for awhile), or mbr0702 (2.003 was mbr0623).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Allegra » July 18th, 2004, 2:09 pm

Actually if you try to use it, it should.....*crack*.....never mind.

??????Thanks a whole lot guys, especially you "tjm" for all the useful links, I assure you my Melty Blood game now reads "version 2.004". I also downloaded the unlocker, if only to fool around, playing with boss characters isn't so funny (but at least gets you 5 minutes of unrelenting fun hehe). And speaking of which I've found the requeriments (found which they are....not that I have the proggies) for ripping Melty Blood, pitiful that there is a plugin of sorts that "the few and proud" who have it aren't willing to share. I'm suspecting a case of teenage "I have Melty Blood sprites so I'm cooler than you"...but I could be wrong (altough this doesn't happen too often, hehe).

?????On the other hand, as nobody replied about the character specific topics, I'm going to put that on hold (at least until someone is interested). I think we got "Anime Toshokan" guide to Melty Blood RE-Act coming up, but I don't know when it's going to be done.

?????Ok, that is it for now. Byes.

?????=Allegra=
Allegra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » July 18th, 2004, 2:21 pm

pitiful that there is a plugin of sorts that "the few and proud" who have it aren't willing to share.
Some are willing to, but not openly, since in most cases they were told not to give them out by the ones they got them from. Don't ask why (i know since was told the same thing). :(

Private messages are another thing though. :P
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Re: =A couple of Questions=

Unread postby johnsgs » July 18th, 2004, 5:01 pm

Allegra wrote:The last question regarding Melty Blood RE-Act; it has to do with the "I'm too tough to block moron" Executioner Ciel character: I'm playing version 2.002 of the game and I think this particular fight is stupid (not saying it's easy), I mean the battle can be won or lost pretty much on pure luck, easy to say that Ciel could kick some serious butt if she wanted to (and sometimes she does :cry: ) but some other times she just sits there letting me slap her silly (as I wouldn't dare to combo her, when I do she gets upsets and gives me the horn :lol: ); so any tips??.

I find she's really easy, actually. She doesn't ever throw you, so you can just sit in front of her and smack her with light punches to build up your meter. Then when she uses her special, you block it and counter with Arc's 236+C special. Rinse and repeat.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » July 22nd, 2004, 2:27 pm

Actually if you read the forum more carefully it tells you exactly where to get the plugin, mugenguilds forum. The basic idea is you should have to do some basic searching for the plugins in order to find them.... I was told as well to not distrubute them but since then I have found various sites that host the plugins. As Ciel said a P.M. will get you the plugins....
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Allegra » July 22nd, 2004, 5:32 pm

A few comments...

?????Actually, yes, I read about the forums (in order to get the plugin), but I really wouldn't like to appear from nowhere in said forums and just ask for the thing. But you're right.

?????On to another subject....something is wrong with my Private Messages. I've sent two of them, but the only thing that appears in my sentbox is an old private message sent to Linalys (who by the way has a FAQ up in Gamefaqs, go and check that out). So I was wondering if I could write you a mail? If you're worried about security you can always give me a free mail adress (yeah, I am a super hacker.....actually no) :P.

?????Ok, I leave you for the time being. Oh, I downloaded some RE-Act replays, from older versions (2.002 or so) and a lot of them just don't work on version 2.004...i guess is about time we start sharing some replays, don't you think?.....of course that's the topic for another thread....I'll get to it maybe tomorrow, unless somebody beats me to it (of course :lol: ).

?????=Allegra=?
Allegra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » July 22nd, 2004, 6:18 pm

http://www.mugenguild.com/forum/index.p ... #msg114534

The first post in this forum links to Ex Inferis' site. If you click on the Nero Chaos character it lists the bonus pack under it which contains both plugins and splitdat.exe. If you want me to send them to you although you can send me an e-mail. My address can be found at my site by clicking on contact us, and send me an e-mail. See my signature for my website.
DragonNeoReborn

Unread postby Allegra » July 23rd, 2004, 3:24 am

Well, that was pleasant...

?????First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who helped me getting the proggies, It took a bit of time (and struggling with dead links) but I have them now in my hard drive (where they remain...safe and warm :P ). I don't really now if I'll have some time to fool around with image editing programs in the next few days...anyway I'd like to tell you DragonNeoReborn that if you need a hand ripping and making gifs (for your web), I sure can lend one :D.

?????Also, I have a little question. Splitdat is super, but I can't seem to open RE-Act *.dat files....Can somebody help me with this? Maybe I am doing something wrong, or maybe the proggie can handle that (funny, because they should be the same format as those in Melty Blood). If anyone has any clue, I would really appreciate it.

?????Ok, I leave you for now, as I have to get up early in the morning. (we still need some posts on character analysis and replays....).

?????=Allegra=
Allegra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby linalys » July 23rd, 2004, 5:59 am

Try:
http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/thread63578.php
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentop ... oard=35675
http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... 1090533375

for MBR discussion. The best replays are probably from Yukinoze's site, http://www.globetown.net/~yukinose/muvi.htm But be aware that they are wmv files not rpd and he changes them every so often.
linalys
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » July 23rd, 2004, 2:03 pm

Allegra:

I heard that splitdat didn't work properly with ReAct files but have yet to give it a try. Also I'd be glad if you would help with sprites and stuff for the site. I was hoping to make sprite comics, maybe animated, and such as well... After I reformat my computer, having some errors due to bad file structure and multiple drives I installed, I'll give it a try.
DragonNeoReborn

Unread postby Blunderbuss » July 26th, 2004, 1:00 am

Actually it's me...

??????Hello friends, I have been out for the last couple of days so I couldn't post a reply to your messages. To "linalys", thanks a lot for the links, I went to Shoryuken forums the other day to check out the Melty Blood discussion...too much pages, so I couldn't read all of it (and as some things that worked on earlier versions don't work after the patches, some of my reading was...of course...useless).

??????And about what I was talking earlier (this goes to "DragonNeoReborn") I'd be more than glad to help you out with the site (I haven't touched a graphical design proggie in a while but I should be ok). I have a new mail adress, but I'd rather tell you about it in a mail (I'll go to the link in your site, hope it still works).

??????Oh, I nearly forgot. I really need some tips, combos and strats for Arcueid (I know that by now this should go in another post...actually please make one!...but as is a little request, it shouldn't bother anyone)...I (simply put) suck with her :P.

??????Well, that's it for now folks, see you around.

??????=Blunderbuss=??????

PD: for the ones who haven't noticed..... Blunderbuss is my new nickname... so Blunderbuss=Allegra
Blunderbuss
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Diaphanus » October 4th, 2004, 4:50 pm

This is my first post!

Anyway, thanks tjm and the rest of you for posting those links. I appreciate them.

Incidentally, I wasn't even aware of Celestial Moon until about ten minutes ago! It looks like a great site.
Diaphanus
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat