installation question(registry keys)

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

installation question(registry keys)

Unread postby Chetyre » July 19th, 2007, 10:58 pm

my PC recently had a crash and I had to install windows. since my HD was partitioned, my Melty Blood installation was fine but now that the ReACT patch has been released I've encountered an unexpected problem: the patcher won't recognize that the game is intalled because the registry was wiped out when I reinstalled the OS(and I couldn't make a backup because I had XP home edition, but since things were lost anyway and my CD key was used I went and got professional). to make things worse, I have lost my melty blood cd ;_; so I can't just reinstall it, so I was wondering if it was possible to manually add the keys in the registry to make the patch see I have it installed, so I don't have to go and buy another copy.
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby TheXev » July 20th, 2007, 12:28 am

Sorry, we can't support an effort for you on this one since it would reveal a pirating feature. You need to relocate your original MeltyBlood and reinstall MeltyBlood, even if you reinstall it in Japanese...

Thread locked.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat