MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.7, MBR v1.0]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.7, MBR v1.0]

Unread postby Message » July 19th, 2007, 6:25 am

This is a report thread for all the bugs, crashes and other technical problems you may find in Melty Blood English and Melty Blood ReACT English.

Please give a full description of the problem when you report a bug. Describe the situation, the problem itself and the causes/effects that you can recognize. Please also state your OS, type of video card and relevant driver/DirectX versions. Remember to mention your version of MB English or MBR English.

NOTE - Before you post a bug or technical error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.

Current version: Melty Blood v1.7 and Melty Blood ReACT v1.0 [2007-07-19]
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby lemondiet » July 19th, 2007, 9:53 am

Hello.

I'm unable to install Melty Blood ReACT on my PC.

I have installed and updated the translated vanilla version to 1.7 successfully. I have the original CD in my drive, I have downloaded the Final Tuned patch. Once the installer starts "Melting..." the archive, it'll stop while extracting one of the *.p files, with the message: "Not enoough disk space for *.pContinue?"

Clicking "Yes" will finish the installation while skipping at least that one file in particular; the game of course, won't run without all its resources.

Clicking "No" will cause a "Not enough disk space for extraction. 'Install Directory'" message to pop up, followed by a "Copying data files from the Melty Blood ReACT CD failed or canceled (return code: 32773). Please restart the installation procedure."

The first time I tried, it stopped at 07.p. The next two times at 06.p. I just now gave up after the third time stopping at 01.p. I most definitely have enough disk space for the game, clocking at over 40 GB free. I have no known spywares, malwares, trojans, worms or viruses eating up my resources; I ran up to date scans just to be sure. There's nothing listed in my Task Manager that seems to be much of a hog either. I run Windows XP and also attempted the procedure with both Japanese language support toggled on and off.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
User avatar
lemondiet
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 19th, 2007, 9:29 am

Unread postby Liquid » July 19th, 2007, 3:58 pm

hi
i have Melty Blood Re-Act Final Tuned DVD and this patch dont recognize inputed dvd as valid source, this same with version of Melty Blood FC DVD version.
Do i need a CD version of MB Re-Act ?
Liquid
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 5
Joined: May 6th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: dev/null

Unread postby Question » July 19th, 2007, 9:16 pm

I am using MBR 1.0 and am crashing during the block E park scene with Sion, Akiha and Shiki, just as Ciel says "Are you the real Akiha-san". Thats exactly when it crashes. It has crashed at the same place twice in a row now.

Event viewer is reporting "Faulting application mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00050913."

I am using windows XP SP2, a mobility radeon 9000 card with default drivers and the latest directX 9 files.
User avatar
Question
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 140
Joined: November 10th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Unread postby lemondiet » July 19th, 2007, 11:54 pm

Liquid wrote:hi
i have Melty Blood Re-Act Final Tuned DVD and this patch dont recognize inputed dvd as valid source, this same with version of Melty Blood FC DVD version.
Do i need a CD version of MB Re-Act ?


That's because you're trying to use a bootleg or more likely a pirated ISO version. Buy the official Melty Blood and ReACT from Paletweb or Himeyashop and try again.
User avatar
lemondiet
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 19th, 2007, 9:29 am

Unread postby TheXev » July 20th, 2007, 12:30 am

lemondiet wrote:
Liquid wrote:hi
i have Melty Blood Re-Act Final Tuned DVD and this patch dont recognize inputed dvd as valid source, this same with version of Melty Blood FC DVD version.
Do i need a CD version of MB Re-Act ?


That's because you're trying to use a bootleg or more likely a pirated ISO version. Buy the official Melty Blood and ReACT from Paletweb or Himeyashop and try again.


User was banned because of another thread. He is obviously pirating.
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby TheXev » July 20th, 2007, 12:32 am

Question wrote:I am using MBR 1.0 and am crashing during the block E park scene with Sion, Akiha and Shiki, just as Ciel says "Are you the real Akiha-san". Thats exactly when it crashes. It has crashed at the same place twice in a row now.

Event viewer is reporting "Faulting application mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00050913."

I am using windows XP SP2, a mobility radeon 9000 card with default drivers and the latest directX 9 files.


Try updating the drivers using something like Omega Drivers. They are a good mix and just about the only solution to getting driver updates on older mobile ATI platforms. See if that helps with the crashing issue.

We will look into the issue and make sure it is not common... We did not throughly test Story Mode in ReACT because it was identical to the original, and we never had any stability differences between the two.
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby ArchDemon » July 20th, 2007, 12:52 am

Question wrote:I am using MBR 1.0 and am crashing during the block E park scene with Sion, Akiha and Shiki, just as Ciel says "Are you the real Akiha-san". Thats exactly when it crashes. It has crashed at the same place twice in a row now.

Event viewer is reporting "Faulting application mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00050913."

I am using windows XP SP2, a mobility radeon 9000 card with default drivers and the latest directX 9 files.


To: Question

The error during Block E has been located and corrected. Thank you for informing us of that bug. We will release an update as soon as we have time.


Regards

ArchDemon
User avatar
ArchDemon
Executive Director
 
Posts: 344
Joined: August 18th, 2006, 7:47 am

Unread postby Ephyon » July 20th, 2007, 1:30 am

lemondiet wrote:Hello.

I'm unable to install Melty Blood ReACT on my PC.

I have installed and updated the translated vanilla version to 1.7 successfully. I have the original CD in my drive, I have downloaded the Final Tuned patch. Once the installer starts "Melting..." the archive, it'll stop while extracting one of the *.p files, with the message: "Not enoough disk space for *.pContinue?"

Clicking "Yes" will finish the installation while skipping at least that one file in particular; the game of course, won't run without all its resources.

Clicking "No" will cause a "Not enough disk space for extraction. 'Install Directory'" message to pop up, followed by a "Copying data files from the Melty Blood ReACT CD failed or canceled (return code: 32773). Please restart the installation procedure."

The first time I tried, it stopped at 07.p. The next two times at 06.p. I just now gave up after the third time stopping at 01.p. I most definitely have enough disk space for the game, clocking at over 40 GB free. I have no known spywares, malwares, trojans, worms or viruses eating up my resources; I ran up to date scans just to be sure. There's nothing listed in my Task Manager that seems to be much of a hog either. I run Windows XP and also attempted the procedure with both Japanese language support toggled on and off.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.


I have this exact same problem as well. 01.p, 06.p, 10.p and 07.p* will not install. My specs are the same.

*for some reason I get the message for 07.p after 10.p.
User avatar
Ephyon
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 56
Joined: January 24th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Location: Argentina

Unread postby TheXev » July 20th, 2007, 1:33 am

Other issues need to be taken care of, so it may be a few days for a fix to be issued... the installer issue listed above is being experienced by more then one person (the melting and zero freespace issue).
lemondiet wrote:Hello.

I'm unable to install Melty Blood ReACT on my PC.

I have installed and updated the translated vanilla version to 1.7 successfully. I have the original CD in my drive, I have downloaded the Final Tuned patch. Once the installer starts "Melting..." the archive, it'll stop while extracting one of the *.p files, with the message: "Not enoough disk space for *.pContinue?"

Clicking "Yes" will finish the installation while skipping at least that one file in particular; the game of course, won't run without all its resources.

Clicking "No" will cause a "Not enough disk space for extraction. 'Install Directory'" message to pop up, followed by a "Copying data files from the Melty Blood ReACT CD failed or canceled (return code: 32773). Please restart the installation procedure."

The first time I tried, it stopped at 07.p. The next two times at 06.p. I just now gave up after the third time stopping at 01.p. I most definitely have enough disk space for the game, clocking at over 40 GB free. I have no known spywares, malwares, trojans, worms or viruses eating up my resources; I ran up to date scans just to be sure. There's nothing listed in my Task Manager that seems to be much of a hog either. I run Windows XP and also attempted the procedure with both Japanese language support toggled on and off.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
My question to you is first of all, are you installing to the same drive that contains Windows, or another drive? Also, is the path of FT patch file in a Japanese path?
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby grayfox » July 20th, 2007, 4:40 am

I have the Not enough space problem too. Here's a pic
Image
It always stops there for me. The drive I install to has about 16GB free.
My question to you is first of all, are you installing to the same drive that contains Windows, or another drive? Also, is the path of FT patch file in a Japanese path?

Yes, to the same drive that contains Windows. And the FT patch is in the same directory as the patch, it has only English characters.
grayfox
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: May 19th, 2007, 2:53 pm

Unread postby lemondiet » July 20th, 2007, 4:49 am

I have managed to install it now. I tried three times again earlier today, getting an error for 01.p, 02.p and 10.p on the first, second and third attempts respectively.

For the first one today, I renamed the FT patch to its original name; but that didn't work, so I changed it back. Then I tried installing ReACT inside the same folder of Melty Blood vanilla (Games\Melty Blood\Melty Blood ReACT) instead of creating a specific folder for it like I was doing before; and that didn't work either. On my third attempt, I opted once more for a folder separate from vanilla, (Games\Melty Blood ReACT) and yet again, it didn't work.

I uninstalled ReACT normally, deleting the empty folder as well... then I went into my Temp directory, removed the installation's leftovers (Some *.dll files, the two *.bmp files and a few others. There were no *.p though.) and tried again. I was ready to copy the *.p files manually during the procedure at this point... and yet it worked flawlessly the fourth time. I'm not sure if removing the the installation wizard's temporary files did it, but that's the only thing I can think of.

TheXev wrote:Other issues need to be taken care of, so it may be a few days for a fix to be issued... the installer issue listed above is being experienced by more then one person (the melting and zero freespace issue).

My question to you is first of all, are you installing to the same drive that contains Windows, or another drive? Also, is the path of FT patch file in a Japanese path?


It's good to know I wasn't the only one.

All my attempts were directed to the same drive Windows is installed in. If it matters, the English translation installation file and the Final Tuned patch were on a different drive. I never moved them throughout all of my ten attempts though, including the successful one.

The Final Tuned patch wasn't in a path with any hiragana, katakana, kanji or ascii, if that's what you meant; it was also in the same directory the translation patch was in.
User avatar
lemondiet
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 19th, 2007, 9:29 am

Unread postby Ephyon » July 20th, 2007, 12:12 pm

Finally made it work by purging the temp folder as well, if that's any help. All my files were in the same drive (same folder, actually) and no jap paths whatsoever.
User avatar
Ephyon
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 56
Joined: January 24th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Location: Argentina

Unread postby U121 » July 20th, 2007, 12:57 pm

Just pitching in that I had the "not enoough disk space" problem too, but had no problem installing the patch directly after a reboot of windows, might be worth trying.
cheers.

*edit*
seems the installer did indeed not complain as before, but when running mbr-english.exe only the configuration dialog is translated, when the game launches, it is still in japanese, weird.
U121
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 1
Joined: July 20th, 2007, 12:55 pm

Unread postby lemondiet » July 20th, 2007, 10:24 pm

I rebooted at least thrice during my failed attempts and that didn't solve the problem.

Deleting the installation wizard's temporary folder seems to be the thing that did it, since Ephyon got it working that way too.
User avatar
lemondiet
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 19th, 2007, 9:29 am

Unread postby Ryu Hayabusa » July 22nd, 2007, 5:19 am

I'm having fits installing MB: React English on a Windows Vista machine. I can get to the point where I agree to the Terms of Service and then one of two things happen. About 60 percent of the time the installer crashes out and 40 percent of the time it tells me it can't find MB. As I'm extremely certain MB is right there...

Any suggestions? I'm tearing my hair out over this. And yes, they're legal copies and all that good stuff.
Ryu Hayabusa
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 5:09 am

Unread postby Message » July 22nd, 2007, 5:30 am

First of all, try running it as administrator. The Vista support is still a bit shakey, as I don't have Vista myself to test it out on. Secondly, try reinstalling MB English over your existing install. It will require the MB CD again, but won't overwrite any settings or highscores. Then retry the MBR installer.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby Xak » July 23rd, 2007, 1:51 am

i keep getting the first path (Night on the Blood Lair) instead of the second (Agitator)...i thought it could be because i had completed all the paths for story mode for my jap react but even when i delete the .cfg files i still encounter this problem...i'm using melty blood react english 1.0 btw...

and i think somebody else had this problem too in this thread...
Xak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 23rd, 2007, 1:44 am

Unread postby Ryu Hayabusa » July 23rd, 2007, 4:35 am

Message wrote:First of all, try running it as administrator. The Vista support is still a bit shakey, as I don't have Vista myself to test it out on. Secondly, try reinstalling MB English over your existing install. It will require the MB CD again, but won't overwrite any settings or highscores. Then retry the MBR installer.


Nada, none of it worked. I've also tried a de-install and reinstall, but it's just refusing to see anything Melty Blood when it doesn't crash. I'm going to go try this on another machine at this point since it's probably Vista once again failing. I should be used to this, really.
Ryu Hayabusa
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 5:09 am

Unread postby Question » July 23rd, 2007, 1:04 pm

Xak wrote:i keep getting the first path (Night on the Blood Lair) instead of the second (Agitator)...i thought it could be because i had completed all the paths for story mode for my jap react but even when i delete the .cfg files i still encounter this problem...i'm using melty blood react english 1.0 btw...

and i think somebody else had this problem too in this thread...


I think you need to complete all the other paths(Except the one with G-Akiha) to get the one where you fight Wallachia.
User avatar
Question
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 140
Joined: November 10th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron