MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.7, MBR v1.0]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Midoryu » August 6th, 2007, 7:17 pm

We're all getting it I think, mine just closes without an error message. Just wait for the next patch release
Isn't it sad, Sacchin
Midoryu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kura » August 13th, 2007, 1:13 am

Oops, Double Posted, please delete this. *looks around for delete function*
Last edited by Kura on August 13th, 2007, 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Kura » August 13th, 2007, 1:15 am

I get a pretty strange game breaking glitch with Melty Blood ReAct Final Tuned, I tried reinstalling the game several times but to no avail...(Using Melty Blood 1.7 and ReAct 1.0)

When I enter the arcade mode/story mode and then click back after having finished a route or without doing anything at all, I get back to the Start screen and then I push the button to get back to the menu and then the keys (logitech dual action gamepad or a keyboard) stop responding except for the directional ones, so I have to close the game by pressing escape or by clicking the exit button, sometimes this occurs after I changed the settings in the option screen. This is all done while the game is set up to run windowed at 32bits.

On the next run of the game, the settings screen comes back up with a garbled line of text in the middle the information. The screenshot shows the problem as thus:

My Specs:

Toshiba Satelliate A105 Laptop
Intel M(Centrino) Processor 2GHz
RAM: 1GB
Gfx Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express 128mb
Audio: Realtek HD Audio Output

The problem is that I have to set up my controls again and when I run the game, all the settings have been reset to default and I lost all my play data...:(

I tried reinstalling but the symptoms are usually the same, but in some rare occasions the game just crashes and resets all my data...I don't care too much about crashing but the data resetting is a real pain! Perhaps if you could tell me which file is being used to store the data, I could back it up everytime I play...

PS: I just noticed that the game gives me a different CPUClock Speed everytime! 200-300 MHz and then jumps to 1.5-2 GHz :S

Update: With further testing it seems that my original ReAct install 2.000 (japanese) without Final Tuned seems to not have this problem while even the japanese version of Final Tuned does, gaaah x_x
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Meracanus » August 14th, 2007, 7:04 am

I'm having the same problem as the other users. (In MB:RA) When I make it to Block E via Block C, the game always crashes right before Ciel finishes talking to everyone. It's a bit of conversation before you pick who to fight, but the crash spot is exactly the same.
Meracanus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby puKKa » August 14th, 2007, 7:10 am

Meracanus wrote:I'm having the same problem as the other users. (In MB:RA) When I make it to Block E via Block C, the game always crashes right before Ciel finishes talking to everyone. It's a bit of conversation before you pick who to fight, but the crash spot is exactly the same.

They all died from the smell of curry and therefor the game crashed...
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby galvenize » August 17th, 2007, 4:49 pm

Hi , i'm in a hurry , i'll explain fast .
I've actually got MB ReAct Final Tuned .
In order to have this entire game (or only the story mode) in English , what patch must i use ?
Thank you for your help and continue your great job .
galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raw » August 17th, 2007, 6:32 pm

You got ReACT Final Tuned on one DVD? *hint* *hint*
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby galvenize » August 17th, 2007, 7:11 pm

I've got the CD melty blood with all the expansions , reAct and FT , but since i only play FT , i'd like to know what patch to use in English for FT .
Is there any difference with a DVD ?
galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kranmer » August 17th, 2007, 8:30 pm

lol nice changing your message there from what it was before galvenize. anyway you need to first use the melty blood english patch then once thats done you can install the english patch for React and that will also update react to FT in english.
you cant install React without installing melty blood in english first.
Kranmer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 17th, 2007, 8:35 pm

if you have the legit version of both games then it installs no problem. as far as dvd versions.... well there are none. at least not legit ones.
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Stradiot » August 18th, 2007, 3:26 am

the only problems i have encountered so far is a random CTD with a windows error message..once it happened upon startup of the game and once it happened in the middle of a story mode playthrough

edit: i'm considering a fresh reinstall of the game but can someone tell me what the "game progress/recorded routes played through" files are so i can make a backup copy and maintain the game's record of what routes i've already played through in story mode

also don't know if this has already been posted but i just found this

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n294 ... t=welp.jpg

edit: the CTD has happened once or twice more upon startup and once or twice more during the middle of a story mode playthrough

------ Infomation ------

ExecuteVersion 1.100
CPU
CPUClock 2.000 GHz
SystemMemory 1022.7 MB

VGA NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS
DriverVersion 0.0.0.0
VideoMemory 249.3 MB
* 32-bit color textures supported.
Stradiot
Might just like this board

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 18th, 2007, 5:20 am

Stradiot wrote:the only problems i have encountered so far is a random CTD with a windows error message..once it happened upon startup of the game and once it happened in the middle of a story mode playthrough

edit: i'm considering a fresh reinstall of the game but can someone tell me what the "game progress/recorded routes played through" files are so i can make a backup copy and maintain the game's record of what routes i've already played through in story mode

edit: the CTD has happened once or twice more upon startup and once or twice more during the middle of a story mode playthrough

about 1/2 this thread is about that issue in story mode, no idea about the other stuff.
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Stradiot » August 18th, 2007, 6:14 am

Chronowraith wrote:
Stradiot wrote:the only problems i have encountered so far is a random CTD with a windows error message..once it happened upon startup of the game and once it happened in the middle of a story mode playthrough

about 1/2 this thread is about that issue in story mode, no idea about the other stuff.

the CTD seems to only happen mostly or only when the last game of melty blood i played was exited by clicking the x in the corner instead of properly exiting the game in the game menu
Stradiot
Might just like this board

Unread postby DisgruntledRTFan » August 21st, 2007, 3:37 pm

For path A->B->E->H->M in ReAct: Final Tuned English patch, I lost to Tatari Arcueid but am unable to retry since the game crashes before the retry screen comes up.
DisgruntledRTFan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DisgruntledRTFan » August 21st, 2007, 5:02 pm

Another story mode problem for me in ReAct. Trying to go the route A->C->E is crashing when I encounter Ciel. I remember taking this route once but a few of Shiki's lines were either untranslated or gibberish.
DisgruntledRTFan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raw » August 21st, 2007, 8:52 pm

Stradiot, the file is cfg.cfg on your MB install folder. By the way, you don't need MB English to Install MB ReACT English, you only need a MB installation, be it JAP or ENG.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Master gamer » August 31st, 2007, 10:02 am

There seems to be a bug in the translation in melty blood storyline but you can still play the game but this bug will make the melty blood react final tuned english crash in the storymode at the same place check pics for explanation.

This is after loosing two times and then fighting against ciel in the story mode.
Melty blood english bug

Melty blood react english bug crash

Master gamer
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 31st, 2007, 1:30 pm

yeah but did you try entering the fight after that? it crashes at that point in MB (or at least it did for me). Also, this is the same bug as most of the thread is about <.<
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Bane » August 31st, 2007, 5:01 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's (oddly) normal. I don't know how the MBR arcade mode is supposed to work exactly...

anyways. I first played arcade with Tohno Shiki. After round 9 with White Len, I moved onto round 10. This did not happen when I did arcade mode again with any other character, or when I replayed with Shiki, so I'm assuming it's a bbug. Is round 10 supposed to be unlocked after completing arcade with every char, or what?
Bane
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » August 31st, 2007, 8:35 pm

Bane wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's (oddly) normal. I don't know how the MBR arcade mode is supposed to work exactly...

anyways. I first played arcade with Tohno Shiki. After round 9 with White Len, I moved onto round 10. This did not happen when I did arcade mode again with any other character, or when I replayed with Shiki, so I'm assuming it's a bbug. Is round 10 supposed to be unlocked after completing arcade with every char, or what?

It only happens if you are undefeated for the first 9 rounds.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat