MB and MBR Bug Report [MB v1.7, MBR v1.0]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Bane » July 24th, 2007, 5:04 pm

I'm consistently crashing in the middle of story mode. The crash always occurs at the same point; shortly after Ciel shows up after losing the first two fights (on the way to Hologram Summer and Other Tale). The game crashes right after Ciel says "Are you the real Akiha-san?". I'm using MBR 1.0. The crash isn't occuring in MB 1.7

AMD Athlon 3200+
1 GB Ram
RADEON 9600
running in 32-bit window mode
Bane
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lhitmanl » July 24th, 2007, 7:04 pm

Read the first page of this thread, ArchDemon said something about it being fixed and will be released in a later update. I hope it comes out soon because Im stuck there as well lol.
lhitmanl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Bane » July 24th, 2007, 7:17 pm

How the hell did I miss that... oh well, good to hear.
Bane
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raisurinu » July 27th, 2007, 4:55 am

D:
Must the installer need administration powers?
;_;
Raisurinu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Akin » July 28th, 2007, 11:35 am

Crashed at the end of one of the paths after I lost. (MBR)
Edit: I lost at "M", if that helps at all
Last edited by Akin on July 29th, 2007, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xak » July 28th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Question wrote:
Xak wrote:i keep getting the first path (Night on the Blood Lair) instead of the second (Agitator)...i thought it could be because i had completed all the paths for story mode for my jap react but even when i delete the .cfg files i still encounter this problem...i'm using melty blood react english 1.0 btw...

and i think somebody else had this problem too in this thread...

I think you need to complete all the other paths(Except the one with G-Akiha) to get the one where you fight Wallachia.

yes going by the walkthough, to get the first ending i need to get endings 2-7 first, but instead of getting ending 2 i get ending 1 immediately...
Xak
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Question » July 28th, 2007, 8:29 pm

What walkthrough is that?
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Naota » July 29th, 2007, 12:47 am

Raisurinu wrote:D:
Must the installer need administration powers?
;_;

Admin attributes aren't all that difficult to get... Even if there's some reason you can't change your own account to administrator, you could always have someone do it for you. Unless this is a school/work PC or something. There are still ways in that case, just that you could likely wind up in trouble for using them if you don't own the computer yourself.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Akin » July 30th, 2007, 12:47 am

Well, that was interesting.
I was going down the bottom path, and at the fight where you face Ciel i had picked Sion and lost. I closed, and loaded from save (losing again) twice. the second time this happened:

this is in MBR, and I have number of tries set to four

edit: wow, crazy. when i won, it sent me back to A
edit2: (continuing where it left me) while at E via C, crash happened here
Choosing continue causes a crash at the same point as well.
Akin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Naota » July 30th, 2007, 5:09 am

The same thing happened to me, only in the original Melty Blood after I accidentally closed the game after being beaten by Nrvnsqr. I never progressed far enough to see if it would cause a crash, but it was awfully strange seeing Sion fight herself in the Story Mode. I mean... I always thought Sion was having inner battles during the story, but this is just ridiculous :P.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Akin » July 30th, 2007, 5:20 am

I read the whole thread, apparently it always crashes at E via C, but i tried from a new game and E via B worked fine.

On another note, was anyone able to get MB to install on Vista? My friend wasn't able to, he said something about the OS telling him he needed Ultimate or something.

Naota wrote:but it was awfully strange seeing Sion fight herself in the Story Mode.

not to mention the battlefield isn't even right, as i was at J
Last edited by Akin on July 30th, 2007, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Modoh » July 30th, 2007, 5:52 am

Akin wrote:Crashed at the end of one of the paths after I lost. (MBR)

Posting to confirm this one, I crashed when losing at M as well (tried it on 2 different pc's even).

My path was ABEHM (and I lost the first of the two fights at H), and I fought at M using Shiki, if it matters.

If I copy my save file to a non-translation-patched re-act and continue, it doesn't crash but it does give me that strange Sion vs Sion fight Akin got.
Modoh
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Akin » July 30th, 2007, 6:12 am

Modoh wrote:

Posting to confirm this one, I crashed when losing at M as well (tried it on 2 different pc's even).

My path was ABEHM (and I lost the first of the two fights at H), and I fought at M using Shiki, if it matters.

yeah, i lost as sion vs nero, but won as shiki that time.
has anyone tried losing at the first M fight if they won both fights at H? or tired losing the second M fight instead?
Akin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kanzar » July 31st, 2007, 3:49 am

Just popping in to say I had the 'no space on disc' error, but installing the patch to a different drive allowed me to finish the installation with no errors.

That is all. =)

Also - when transitioning between scenes, it has static. O_o Ugly sounding static. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is this something to do with my bgm file?

This is also my first time playing Melty Blood, so is it normal for the... what do you call them... uh... the 'avatars' (so to speak, like the square boxes that show the faces of the people during conversations), for them to be slightly pixellated at the bottom?
Screenshot:
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Meracanus » July 31st, 2007, 7:05 am

I was sitting pretty in stage J for a bit, but then I got my a$% kicked, so I tried hitting [escape] to exit the game before it moved on, but something happened when I tried to re-boot the game again. It glitched, then exited the entire menu. I started the game again and now the game thinks I haven't even done any work. I can't skip text or anything. WTF?

[Edit] Also, it seems the game has stopped responding to the keyboard commands...
Meracanus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby FishHead » August 2nd, 2007, 11:13 am

ArchDemon wrote:
Question wrote:I am using MBR 1.0 and am crashing during the block E park scene with Sion, Akiha and Shiki, just as Ciel says "Are you the real Akiha-san". Thats exactly when it crashes. It has crashed at the same place twice in a row now.

Event viewer is reporting "Faulting application mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module mbr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00050913."

I am using windows XP SP2, a mobility radeon 9000 card with default drivers and the latest directX 9 files.

To: Question

The error during Block E has been located and corrected. Thank you for informing us of that bug. We will release an update as soon as we have time.

Regards

ArchDemon

Just wondering - has this update been released yet or is there a way to manually get around the error until it is released?
FishHead
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » August 2nd, 2007, 4:41 pm

We are still working on clearing everything out. It should be soon, though.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 4th, 2007, 5:35 am

Bug found and squashed. Thanks for the report.

Regards

ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 4th, 2007, 5:40 am

Akin wrote:Well, that was interesting.
I was going down the bottom path, and at the fight where you face Ciel i had picked Sion and lost. I closed, and loaded from save (losing again) twice. the second time this happened:

this is in MBR, and I have number of tries set to four

edit: wow, crazy. when i won, it sent me back to A
edit2: (continuing where it left me) while at E via C, crash happened here
Choosing continue causes a crash at the same point as well.

The Sion vs. Sion thing is a glitch in MB and MBR. I've done this a few times.
The "Are you the real Akiha-san?" part was fixed already and will be added to the next release.

Regards

ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Tearmorph » August 6th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Im running into the same problem:"Are you the real Akiha-san?" only, it is inside MB, not MBR.

i havnt tried earlier versions of the patch, so i dont know if its just me or something like that.

could somebody please confirm this error?
Tearmorph
Might just like this board

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat