Story Line?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Story Line?

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 9th, 2007, 4:00 am

So, All the different versions I've seen, ACT, ReACT, etc... They all have the same story line? Also, how does this game continue off of Tsukihime? I mean, who's ending does it continue off of?
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » July 9th, 2007, 4:55 am

They have the same base main storyline. Melty Blood ReACT adds some additional character unlocks though that doesn't effect the overall plot to my knowledge.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 9th, 2007, 5:00 am

So, about the story line. Which ending does it take off from? I mean, is there a specific char ending that it's story is based off of?
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby marus » July 9th, 2007, 5:27 am

Not sure if this is official, but most of what I read points to Melty Blood being based off of Satsuki's True Ending - probably just as a way to explain how everybody knows each other so well.

Also, Act Cadenza doesn't have the story mode from the original Melty Blood, just a bunch of small cut scenes between battles during Arcade Mode (similar to most other fighting games story modes).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 9th, 2007, 8:51 am

Eh? I thought that there wasn't a Sacchin ending? Was that on a fan disc? Sorry if this is a noob question...
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby Naota » July 9th, 2007, 2:27 pm

It's more of a theoretical ending since they never saw fit to provide Satsuki fans like myself with an ending that didn't include her untimely death or complete estrangement from the storyline T_T. However, much to my enjoyment, Yumizuka is alive and well during the events of Melty Blood, and was even hinted at in the dialogue between Sion and Shiki before she became a playable character in ReACT. I would guess that if you want to pick a canonical ending, it's most likely that it takes place either after Ciel or Arcueid's Good End, as Shiki never encounters Satsuki for more than a few minutes throughout their entire arc, and she just simply disappears from the story with little notice. However, it seems like Shiki knows her much better than in the arcs I mentioned, so it would be safe to assume that she either met him similar to the way she did in the Far Side arcs, just far later after the original story was already over, or that in this storyline, he met her exactly the same way as in the Far Side arcs, but didn't kill her (way to go, Shiki! ^^).

I would have to say that Ciel's Good end would be the closest match for the way all the characters are interacting, as the cast more or less gets along with oneanother quite well.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 9th, 2007, 11:10 pm

I see. So it's almost like a vague continuation?
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby Lanski » July 11th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Yeah I thought it would be Ciel's good ending. Since satsuki isnt even mentioned for some reason.. either she was a failure and didnt turn or she hid herself. *speculation* lol

But I always wanted to know why they left her out of arc and ciel's route like that. "oh she disappeared" and that was it hah maybe ciel found her and took her out? :O She did say she knew of satsuki on one of the other routes.

And I think the cut scenes in the arcade mode were based off a diff story about Len. Dunno what it is tho..
Lanski
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 12th, 2007, 2:05 am

Yeah, it's a bit odd. I haven't bought a copy yet, so I can't read the japanese rip that I have (it's killing me too, since I can't read the story... >.<) , but isn't it odd for Nero to exist at all? If it took off from one of the Near Side routes, then he'd be dead, but if it took of from a far side route, then Sacchin would be dead. Kinda weird, eh?
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Unread postby Naota » July 12th, 2007, 5:34 am

Actually, Nrvnsqr really is dead, at least in terms of Melty Blood's past events. What you're seeing when there's a match with Chaos (or others which should be impossible, like Nanaya-blood Shiki vs. Normal (Tsukihime main character) Shiki, Akiha vs. Vermillion Akiha) is the primary antagonist of Melty Blood - Tatari; also known as the Night of Walachia. I won't go into too much detail and spoil things for you, but he/it is responsible for a number of battles which would normally be unrealistic or downright impossible, due to his means of existing forever. Interestingly enough, this does NOT apply to Satsuki as far as I can gather from ReACT, as she has the same old personality and habits, and her friendship with Sion points against it. However, I can't say anything for absolute sure until ReACT is translated, since Satsuki only appears directly in that version and later T_T.

...You can't really be dead, right Satsuki? Not again T_T
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby bloodmoon0011 » July 12th, 2007, 10:03 am

Hmmm. Interesting... I need to hurry up and buy a copy so I can read the story line...
~~琥珀さんのことが大好きよ!~~
bloodmoon0011
Addict

Return to Melty Blood Chat