I need some help badly

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

I need some help badly

Unread postby WingZer0 » July 7th, 2004, 9:59 pm

Both melty blood and re-act have this problem. The problem is that the game crashes constantly when i try to open it. When fillscreen it just closes and when i try windowed i get this ms error thing asking if i want to send error or not. This happens the same way in both melty blood and react. These are not the trials either thse are the full games. But if i apply the english patch i can play melty blood original flawlessly but i can't play re-act. I've tried playing the trial of re-act but that crashed the same way that the full games do. So does anyone here know my problem or how to fix it?
WingZer0
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » July 8th, 2004, 6:12 pm

Any number of items could be causing a crash like that. With that in mind, its time for some stupid questions:
1) What is your hardware configuration?
2) Do you have the newest drivers for your video card?
3) Do you have DirectX 9 installed?

With those questions out of the way, here are some other stupid questions that are less likely to be the problem, but still may be:
1) Do you have a virus scanner installed
2) If you are running an operating system older then Windows 2000 (such as Windows 9x/ME), this alone could be the problem.

Provide me with some more data, and I?ll help you as best as I can.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby WingZer0 » July 20th, 2004, 5:48 am

question 1)don't know exactily what you mean but if you mean specs i got
700 mhz
191 mb ram
32 mb vram
2)yep my video card is a built in intel 82810 chipset.
3)yep

next 2
1)yep
2)i have xp professional
WingZer0
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » July 20th, 2004, 9:51 pm

Okay, this is the only thing that might help if you haven?t already tried it (install in this order):
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=178&DwnldID=7484
These are the newest drivers for your Intel chipset

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=798&DwnldID=4665
These are the newest drivers for your onboard Intel graphics (these fixed a lot of issues for my friend Colleen who couldn?t play UT in OpenGL before)

If you have both of these already and you still encounter the issue, you may need to go into your computer?s BIOS and increase the amount of ram allocated to the onboard graphics (it?s probably set to 64mb judging by your system specs, which should be more then enough).

My best guess is, if the newest video and chipset drivers don?t correct the issue, you may want to look into a small video upgrade to a Radeon 9000/9200 or GeForce MX 4xx series card (probably PCI, as you most likely don?t have an AGP port in your machine).

Let me know how it goes, good or bad!
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat