RE-ACT and the English Patch

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

RE-ACT and the English Patch

Unread postby Black Raven » June 3rd, 2004, 2:56 pm

Before I go and locate a place to buy RE-ACT, I was wondering if I should uninstall my current MeltyBlood and re install the un-patched version?

Just because I don't want to cause any odd errors or screw-ups when install the game. Xev, anyone have an opinion on this?
Black Raven
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulfang » June 3rd, 2004, 3:36 pm

ReACT will not work on the patched Melty Blood. You'll need to install Melty Blood unpatched for it to work.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Ciel » June 3rd, 2004, 5:36 pm

For me it worked when i moved my orginal melty blood files (english patch included) to re-act folder.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby linalys » June 3rd, 2004, 7:05 pm

I just installed ReAct to the MB folder and had no problems....
linalys
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Black Raven » June 3rd, 2004, 7:36 pm

So no conflicts or anything if installed to folder? good to know. Thank You ^_^
Black Raven
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shinova » June 3rd, 2004, 9:35 pm

I actually installed React to a separate folder, then moved all the important bits from that folder into the normal MB folder, then ran the game off of windows explorer. Skips the registry check and goes straight to running the game, apparently in my case.
Can't believe your eyes? If you can't trust your eyes, then is there anything left to trust?
Shinova
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Soulfang » June 4th, 2004, 1:52 pm

Hmm, okay. I didn't actually try installing mine over the English patch, someone in the IRC channel said it didn't work, so sorry about that.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Re: RE-ACT and the English Patch

Unread postby TheXev » June 7th, 2004, 4:28 pm

Black Raven wrote:Before I go and locate a place to buy RE-ACT, I was wondering if I should uninstall my current MeltyBlood and re install the un-patched version?

Just because I don't want to cause any odd errors or screw-ups when install the game. Xev, anyone have an opinion on this?

Soulfang wrote:ReACT will not work on the patched Melty Blood. You'll need to install Melty Blood unpatched for it to work.

Yes, I believe MBR is performing some sort of crc check on MB.exe to make sure its okay, then it runs. I actually was able to install ReACT using the installation program this weekend at a LAN party. I installed ReACT onto NuAngel?s machine, which was running Windows 2000, and the installation program for ReACT didn?t feed me a line of crap like it does under XP (no idea why yet). I?m going to write a guide to installation ReACT for Windows XP, then 2000, then perhaps Windows 9x (English editions).

For now, do not replace the mb.exe with any English mb.exe. I will have to change the patch distro strategy, and start including ?English at the end to fix this issue.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » June 7th, 2004, 7:36 pm

Oh well, I kind of expected that you would have to re-release a patch for Re.Act so luckly I made backups before I updated to your english version. XD
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Black Raven » June 7th, 2004, 10:36 pm

Anyone got the link for the old Nero Patch?
Black Raven
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » June 8th, 2004, 1:02 am

Black Raven wrote:Anyone got the link for the old Nero Patch?
Yeah.
http://mirror.fuzzy2.com/meltyblood/index.html
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » November 23rd, 2005, 1:26 am

Just a thought. Maybe you could give some "worthless" update notices now and then. Maybe some fun facts or things that happened during the work and the current beta testing. Maybe some stuff about the team or how you came to work with this stuff. I'm sure it would stimulate the forums and decrease the amount of threads about when the patch will be done ^^
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat