Melty Blood Upgrade

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood Upgrade

Unread postby DmonHiro » May 14th, 2007, 9:42 pm

I own an original version of Melty Blood that works just fine with the patch. The thing is, if upgrade my Melty Blood, via patches from the japanese site, to Melty Blood Re-ACT, will the patch still work?
DmonHiro
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 14th, 2007, 9:54 pm

The patch currently only supports Melty Blood, the original.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Re: Melty Blood Upgrade

Unread postby puKKa » May 15th, 2007, 8:26 am

DmonHiro wrote:I own an original version of Melty Blood that works just fine with the patch. The thing is, if upgrade my Melty Blood, via patches from the japanese site, to Melty Blood Re-ACT, will the patch still work?

I don't think you can download ReACT officially since I believe it's an expansion that comes on a CD. You can however download the latest ReACT patch from the official site.

The thing with MB and MBR is that you get two different exes for the game. mb.exe and mbr.exe, so it's just to run whatever version you want to run. The patch should not give any problems to MBR even if it's only for MB.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 15th, 2007, 9:55 am

Melty Blood ReAct is actually an expansion for the original Melty Blood, not an upgrade patch. It's sold seperately from Melty Blood and is not available on the site. You're probably thinking of Final Tuned(which is a patch that updates ReAct).
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby DmonHiro » May 15th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Yeah, my mistake, the patch is for Final Tuned. I belive the main reason that the MB patch will not work for Re-Act is because Re-Act had it's databases named 01,02,03.....10, while MB has them data01,data02....data04.
DmonHiro
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat