Walachia's Dead Apostle Power.... [Spoiler]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Chetyre » May 15th, 2007, 12:19 pm

from what I understood about vampires, they just get their super-human abilities because they have many many centuries to learn. so the strongest dead apostles simple became so good at controlling magic that they all learned their own reality marble
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 15th, 2007, 1:53 pm

Topic has a spoiler tag for a reason

Yeah, I used "additionally spoilish" thought because that fact wasn't from Melty Blood.

In other routes, Shiki is saved by Arc molding a piece of 'chaos' into his flesh to heal him.

However, Arc also stated that it lost its power, and it'd just fuse with Shiki's body. Unless you're going for Shiki becoming Chaos, I dunno about that for a resurrection.

I wonder, do they get these abilities included in the vampire package or are they sold separately? Do they have name labels or are they just invented names?

It seems the church and other vampires name them.

from what I understood about vampires, they just get their super-human abilities because they have many many centuries to learn. so the strongest dead apostles simple became so good at controlling magic that they all learned their own reality marble

That's basically it. They continue their research for immortality generally and thus learn other skills.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 15th, 2007, 11:27 pm

It depends on the vampire. Some have innate powers(Zelretch's Kaleidoscope sorcery for example is something he had as a human as an innate ability, since he was a sorcerer), some have learned abilities like Nero's Lair of the King Beast reality marble, and some have powers based on their nature(SHIKI for example has his blood control powers, whatever those happen to be called).

As for Nero, like I said, "Fabro Rowan" was dot-killed. Nero Chaos, the vampire/creature, the amalgamation of life forms and powers, was not. So Nero Chaos could still appear, but he would likely look and act completely different, because Fabro Rowan's personality would no longer be influencing his actions.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby Dectilon » May 16th, 2007, 3:36 pm

tbqh, I never really got the "phantasms" and "marbles". Is there some very precise explanation somewhere? Phantasm means illusion if I'm not mistaken, and that doesn't sound too bad ^^ And marble is either a kind of rock or something that is trivial. Could be the sphere game too but... Neither sound right : /
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chetyre » May 17th, 2007, 1:02 am

Reality Marbles are pretty much you making your own "marble" world inside the real world where you write reality to your liking

noble phantasms are weapons that servants use, famous conceptual weapons such as excalibur or gae bolg
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Dectilon » May 20th, 2007, 10:46 pm

Oh I see... Thanks for clearing that up.

But... Didn't Arturia say something about Kojirou's swallow's tail technique being on par with a noble phantasm without being one, or something like that ~~

Would be strange if his Clothes Pole isn't a legendary weapon : /
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chetyre » May 20th, 2007, 11:30 pm

she said Kojirou's attack reached the level of a noble phanstasm with pure skill without having any special weapon. it just means he is THAT skilled
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Dectilon » May 21st, 2007, 9:15 am

Is the Clothes Pole not a noble phantasm because it doesn't have any legendary capabilities then?
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby hugoauthen » September 5th, 2007, 8:46 pm

what do you mean with "clothes pole"?

I think the weapon's and abilities of the servant is based on the legends of that servant.

(skandinavia :P ? norsk/dansk/svensk?)

wallachia's power was based on the intensity and overall fear of the "rumored" killer or something.
hugoauthen
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat