Sorry to Continue On

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Sorry to Continue On

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 9th, 2007, 4:58 pm

I know the last thread was locked for good reason, and I fully understand that. A little money wasted makes no difference in being able to understand a game that I'd likely not be able to read until 10 years or so down the road, but I was looking at the Wiki for Melty Blood.

An expansion to the original game, featuring an 'Arcade Mode' whose storyline takes place after the original Melty Blood <---this was stated on Melty Blood: ReAct

It sounds pretty obvious but I wish to clarify whatever the case: Does that mean there's a different storyline per game? I'm curious to know how much effort I should put into getting ReAct given my concern is more on plot (I'm not the fondest in regards to fighters since I favor two character normally play-wise---them being Tohno Shiki and Nero thus far)

On another slight note, are the nekomimis on Kohaku something akin to the neko Arc? I haven't played through Kohaku's route in Tsukihime yet since that's the only one I have left. So it may just be a stupid question.

...and one final thing: Can special moves be performed without a joystick? The manual file had them looking kinda sideways.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » May 9th, 2007, 6:02 pm

As puKKa said, the story mode of MB and MBR are identical. MBR's arcade mode is a side story about White Len that is not available in MB.

Kohaku's (and everyone else's) nekomimi is a joke in Kagetsu Tohya, this doesn't occur in Tsukihime.

Yes, you can make special moves in MB(R) with the keyboard. The trick is not to want to do them too quickly.

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 9th, 2007, 6:14 pm

What's the side story like? Is it still going with the sequel vein or is it just like a side piece for the very hard core fans?

As for everything else: *bows* Thank you for your time.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat