A Beginner's Set of Questions

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

A Beginner's Set of Questions

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 4th, 2007, 7:01 pm

I apologize if this is too repetitive (the questioning), but I imagine I'll finish Tsukihime up faster than I thought with the skip parts previously read part.

What's the best version of the game for this group's patch?

....and any other basic advice would be nice. :3 Assistance is always appreciated from the kind members here.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » May 4th, 2007, 7:10 pm

To install Melty Blood English v1.5 you just need the original Japanese CD. So in essence you don't use any Japanese patches at all, our installer includes the latest official MB patch.

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 4th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Will it matter then if it's Melty Blood Re-Act or Melty Blood Re-Act Final Tuned?
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chetyre » May 4th, 2007, 9:09 pm

only the original Melty Blood cd will work. so yes it does matter if it's ReAct or Final Tuned since it won't work
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 4th, 2007, 9:49 pm

Indeed. I just glimpsed at the patch release on the main site before now. ^^;

It mentioned that a Re-Act patch would be up in a matter of time though. Does that apply only to the base Re-Act? Or Final Tuned as well?
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » May 4th, 2007, 10:34 pm

As far as I remember from what was said in announcements I think you'll need a cd for the original re-act and the re-act final tuned exe to patch react. And it'll only apply to final tuned.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 5th, 2007, 12:43 am

So you'll need two versions of the game? :?
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » May 5th, 2007, 1:09 am

You need the original melty blood to run react, and you'll need the react cd for verification purposes. Final tuned exe not sure what for, as far as I remember it was just a patch, so it could be probably distributed with the english one. Probably.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 5th, 2007, 4:36 am

Ah, I follow now. I assumed TYPE-MOON just released the game a number of times to make a good bit of money off the mass of Tsukihime fans. ;p
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » May 5th, 2007, 8:05 am

Indeed you will need the original Japanese ReACT CD to install ReACT English. As it looks now you will also require the Final Tuned self-extracting exe, but you won't need to extract or install it yourself. The reason why we are not adding the FT files together with the ReACT English installer is that it would add 80MB to its size.

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 5th, 2007, 12:37 pm

I'll required the FT exe but I won't need to install it? <_< Sorry if it's a stupid question but I don't have it now....so I can't grasp it as readily.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » May 5th, 2007, 12:56 pm

Yes, the ReACT English installer will automatically grab the necessary files from the FT archive exe. We have the FT patch mirrored at VisualNews. Though it may be a good idea to get it at a later time or elsewhere, as we are currently releasing the Fate patch... Dreamhost is getting pretty hammered already.

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 5th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Well, I'll grab it for now. It'll probably connect it all once I actually have everything, anyway. ^^
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 5th, 2007, 3:38 pm

Well, I downloaded it. So I don't need to use the InstallApp.exe because the patch will grab the needed files? Or it'll grab the needed files after I install FT?
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chetyre » May 5th, 2007, 3:48 pm

from what I understand, just leave it alone in a folder and select it when installing the ReAct patch just like you selected the CD drive to install the original MB
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Re: ......

Unread postby Message » May 5th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Impractic_Shiki wrote:Well, I downloaded it. So I don't need to use the InstallApp.exe because the patch will grab the needed files? Or it'll grab the needed files after I install FT?

As it looks now you will also require the Final Tuned self-extracting exe, but you won't need to extract or install it yourself.

the ReACT English installer will automatically grab the necessary files from the FT archive exe

Sigh.

Unread postby Atvaark » May 5th, 2007, 6:46 pm

alright! my mother "forgot" to tell me my new copy of melty blood arrived yesterday...

major letdown, i was fully expecting mirror-moon's staff to do voice overs. i'd kill to hear Message take over Miyako's voice, or The XeV taking Walachia. hmm... why not?

Damn.

but seriously, marvelous work on this, my only complaint would be on the title screen, the fine print in the lower left corner can be hard to read, but i know it's because of the original low resolution of the game itself.

oh, and Len's not in the original as a playable character, i forgot! DAMN!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 5th, 2007, 7:23 pm

*shrugs* I wanted to clarify to make sure I wasn't assuming anything. If I appear dumb----so be it.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » May 5th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Wasn't meant personal, you just caught me at a bad time. You were the so-manyth today to ask me something I just explained minutes before. orz

So to clear it up: You will only need the one, big mbr2501ft2.exe . No need to run it, extract it or even look at it, as long as you can remember where you put it since the installer will ask for it. This is of course assuming we don't put the FT files in the installer, which is likely, but not yet entirely certain.

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 6th, 2007, 12:28 am

Perfectly understood then...
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat