Melty Blood Save files (beginner questions)

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood Save files (beginner questions)

Unread postby kindofcool » April 30th, 2007, 8:23 pm

I have Melty Blood and installed the patch, but I can't figure out how to save my progress(even after completing the first route). Can someone help me with it?
I also have Re-ACT final, and I believe there is a way to save in that game.

Thanks in advance.
kindofcool
Totally hardly posted

Re: Melty Blood Save files (beginner questions)

Unread postby md » May 1st, 2007, 12:33 am

kindofcool wrote:I have Melty Blood and installed the patch, but I can't figure out how to save my progress(even after completing the first route). Can someone help me with it?

Thanks in advance.

As long as your cfg files aren't write-protected, the game saves your progress automatically. You can confirm that your progress is saved if the story-mode text skips quickly by holding down the shield button. (I can't recall if Control works as it does in most visual novels, but you may try that as well).

The game should also be tracking most-played characters and some other stats in the vs mode.

In the middle of story mode, and not during a fight; if you press F5, you'll be given the option to save and exit your game. You'll drop back to the main menu. To resume, go to start game, and hit 'continue.'
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby md » May 1st, 2007, 12:43 am

You know, I tried to get skip and saving working just now, but I couldn't. Maybe I"m not going far enough into the story. I haven't played the game itself in a long while, but what I gave above was my best recollection.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » May 1st, 2007, 3:17 am

Skip works only if you already saw the text once. Save is automatical and happens after each fight I think.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » May 1st, 2007, 8:24 am

And ArchDemon suggested that F5 only works in ReACT...

Unread postby TheXev » May 1st, 2007, 3:49 pm

kindofcool wrote:I have Melty Blood and installed the patch, but I can't figure out how to save my progress(even after completing the first route). Can someone help me with it?

Thanks in advance.

If ReACT and Melty are copyed into the same folder using the ghetto "make ReACT work" trick, the cfg.cfg written by original Melty will be overwritten by ReACT every time you play ReACT. The solution is to install ReACT correctly, and it should install correctly if you used the English installer.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » May 2nd, 2007, 8:56 am

Xev: I think he was asking about how to save in MB, not about save files compatibility between MB and MBR.

Unread postby puKKa » May 2nd, 2007, 10:44 am

Or just install two copies of the game, that's what I've done ^^
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Message » May 2nd, 2007, 4:20 pm

Two copies of... What? Sorry, I must be missing part of the conversation here. MBR Eng will never support installing to the MB Eng directory, so you will always end up with two seperate installations.

Unread postby puKKa » May 2nd, 2007, 6:02 pm

Message wrote:Two copies of... What? Sorry, I must be missing part of the conversation here. MBR Eng will never support installing to the MB Eng directory, so you will always end up with two seperate installations.

Is that so? That's good.. though that will leave me with three mb installs xDD
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Return to Melty Blood Chat