Melty Blood Bug Report [v1.5]

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood Bug Report [v1.5]

Unread postby Message » April 29th, 2007, 4:26 pm

NOTE - Before you post a bug or technical error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.

NOTE - If you have a crashing issue when starting the game through the desktop icon, please redownload and reinstall the game.

This is a report thread for all the bugs, crashes and other technical problems you may find in MeltyBlood English.

Please give a full description of the problem when you report a bug. Describe the situation, the problem itself and the causes/effects that you can recognize. Please also state your OS, type of videocard and relevant driver/DirectX versions.

Current version: 1.5 [2007-04-28]
Last edited by Message on May 27th, 2007, 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby potaatti » April 30th, 2007, 10:44 pm

When I try to start Melty Blood, Windows says that there has been some error and the program must be closed (or something that means something like that in English). I have Windows XP Pro and nVidia 7900GT video card. DirectX is the newest version.
potaatti
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 122
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 11:55 am

Unread postby Zorpheus » April 30th, 2007, 11:20 pm

If the screen saver kicks in, the game remains black in windowed mode after it is disengaged and eventually errors out. This is especially annoying when using a game pad that doesn't register in Windows XP as input.

I'm using Windows XP SP2, with an ATI Radeon X800 GTO. Using DirectX 9.
Zorpheus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: April 30th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Unread postby lvlln » May 1st, 2007, 7:09 am

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (excellent OS, btw) with a Geforce Go 7400. I'm having a strange problem in scene B - I already fought Sion and beat her, and now I have to fight Ciel with either Shiki or Sion - if I choose Sion, the sound suddenly cuts off immediately after the fight starts (after we can start hurting each other). The fight can continue, but when I beat Ciel, Sion just continues her pose and the next round doesn't start. It appears that the game is still rendering, because I saw the 60fps flicker to 61 and 59.

When I do it with Shiki, it seems to work fine. The strange thing is, the first time I fought Ciel in this route, I used Sion, and it worked fine; I just quit after the fight and found out that I had to restart form the previous chapter, and when I did it again, the problem started occurring.

I'm also using the official Xbox360 controller, if that's an issue.
lvlln
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: May 1st, 2007, 6:58 am

Unread postby potaatti » May 1st, 2007, 2:04 pm

Never mind, it appears that the CD was corrupted.
potaatti
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 122
Joined: December 16th, 2006, 11:55 am

Unread postby TheXev » May 1st, 2007, 3:46 pm

Zorpheus wrote:If the screen saver kicks in, the game remains black in windowed mode after it is disengaged and eventually errors out. This is especially annoying when using a game pad that doesn't register in Windows XP as input.

I'm using Windows XP SP2, with an ATI Radeon X800 GTO. Using DirectX 9.


Only way to fix this issue is to disable screen savers. MeltyBlood did this under Windows 2000 as well using a game controller. This is mostly a bug with Windows, not a bug MeltyBlood. Windows does not detect input from a game device as input, and the screen saver timer will still build.
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby NightFoxXIII » May 2nd, 2007, 3:25 am

Just when I play the game everything works fine in-game but I just would like to know how the opening video works on here

Essentially just when you stop and like go through all those warning statements and such at the beginning of the game it then will have to switch to the Subtitle OP Movie although the only problem is that it doesn't appear at all. I can hear the music but cannot see the video itself.

Playing the original and subtitled movie on RealPlayer or any other player in this case works, just not the subtitled in-game. Can any-one help?
User avatar
NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces
 
Posts: 17
Joined: May 2nd, 2007, 3:19 am

Unread postby TheXev » May 2nd, 2007, 3:31 am

NightFoxXIII wrote:Just when I play the game everything works fine in-game but I just would like to know how the opening video works on here

Essentially just when you stop and like go through all those warning statements and such at the beginning of the game it then will have to switch to the Subtitle OP Movie although the only problem is that it doesn't appear at all. I can hear the music but cannot see the video itself.

Playing the original and subtitled movie on RealPlayer or any other player in this case works, just not the subtitled in-game. Can any-one help?

You must have the Xvid codec installed on your system to view the video. CCCP is your only a good choice for codec pack. If you just want to keep it simple though, use Koepi's Xvid.
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby Chetyre » May 2nd, 2007, 4:36 am

I got the same error the last poster did, but it fixed itself. I think it occurs at random even with the codecs properly installed
User avatar
Chetyre
Addict
 
Posts: 116
Joined: May 1st, 2007, 12:48 am
Location: Brazil

Unread postby Message » May 2nd, 2007, 9:05 am

This sounds like a bug we forgot to put in the readme: If you play the game in windowed mode, the opening movie will be invisible until you move the window a few pixels. Also, closing the window while the movie is playing will not stop the playback, and leave a phantom mb-english.exe task in memory (eating lots of RAM).

This is a bug in the original game and we have been unable to do anything about it. Apparently it occurs with the original, unsubtitled opening movie as well. We will add this information in the readme for the next version.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby Chetyre » May 2nd, 2007, 9:50 am

heh... I did move the window a bit the second time I tried playing...
User avatar
Chetyre
Addict
 
Posts: 116
Joined: May 1st, 2007, 12:48 am
Location: Brazil

Unread postby NightFoxXIII » May 3rd, 2007, 1:07 am

Chetyre wrote:heh... I did move the window a bit the second time I tried playing...


I already have the CCCP downloaded previously but now tried in windowed mode and move the screen a little bit and it comes back... odd yes how it fixes itself like that but I guess no one knows how to get that problem solved for full-screen yes?
User avatar
NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces
 
Posts: 17
Joined: May 2nd, 2007, 3:19 am

Unread postby Message » May 4th, 2007, 11:30 am

As far as I know the video should play without trouble in fullscreen mode...
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby Zorpheus » May 5th, 2007, 4:27 am

TheXev wrote:
Zorpheus wrote:If the screen saver kicks in, the game remains black in windowed mode after it is disengaged and eventually errors out. This is especially annoying when using a game pad that doesn't register in Windows XP as input.

I'm using Windows XP SP2, with an ATI Radeon X800 GTO. Using DirectX 9.


Only way to fix this issue is to disable screen savers. MeltyBlood did this under Windows 2000 as well using a game controller. This is mostly a bug with Windows, not a bug MeltyBlood. Windows does not detect input from a game device as input, and the screen saver timer will still build.

MBR is able to reorient itself after the screensaver... but I guess that's MBR. >>
Zorpheus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: April 30th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Intro movie audio

Unread postby Kremin » May 16th, 2007, 3:11 am

The audio on the intro movie (w/ subtitles) is noticeably faint and tinny compared to the original version - could this be a problem with my sound card, or did the movie experience some audio loss during the patch?
Kremin
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 2
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 3:08 am

Re: Intro movie audio

Unread postby Message » May 16th, 2007, 6:14 am

Kremin wrote:The audio on the intro movie (w/ subtitles) is noticeably faint and tinny compared to the original version - could this be a problem with my sound card, or did the movie experience some audio loss during the patch?

Slight mistake on our part, the audio was recoded. We will fix this in the next release, in the mean time feel free to exchange the audio tracks if you want.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands


Return to Melty Blood Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests