crappy frame rate....again?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

crappy frame rate....again?

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 18th, 2007, 12:41 pm

playing MB in a pc tat hv
ATI X1300 AGP slot
AMD SEMPRON 1.6GHz
1GB RAM DDR2

gives crappy frame rate,and opening ReAct only gives sound,no display

but playing it at few other pc with lower graphic card spec n RAM,working jus fine.
any1 knows wats wrong? :idea:
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby marus » April 18th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Have you updated your sound and video drivers to the latest version? Those are the typical things to check when you're having problems with games. If that doesn't work, then a reinstall might help.

What operating system are you using?
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Re: crappy frame rate....again?

Unread postby md » April 18th, 2007, 10:46 pm

WanderingShell wrote:gives crappy frame rate,and opening ReAct only gives sound,no display

It sounded to me like it's not initializing direct draw properly.

I'd start by dxdiagnostic, it's installed with directx, so you don't need to download anything. Just:

Start menu -> Run -> "dxdiag" OK

Click on the Display tab, run directdraw and direct3d tests. See if it fails any. Go ahead and test the other tabs if it doesn't.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » April 18th, 2007, 11:06 pm

Do you have Japanese unicode set?

Strangely enough, I find that when I have Japanese unicode set Melty Blood doesn't run properly for me.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Dectilon » April 19th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Haha... Same for me : )

It lags for me if I'm in japanese mode (not if I use applocale though), but it's such an excellent piece of programming that it works fine without applocale or any other bs : )
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 20th, 2007, 5:07 pm

its using WinXP as is OS
Hyperbeast wrote:Do you have Japanese unicode set?

Strangely enough, I find that when I have Japanese unicode set Melty Blood doesn't run properly for me.

other pc use japanese unicode but still jus fine with MB
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 28th, 2007, 10:12 am

figured out the source of problem,the directx doesnt detect the memory card RAM,and DirectDraw and texture acceleration is not available.i learned tat installing driver is the way 2 solve it but its not working,even installed ati 7.4 catalyst.and the goddam pc dun hv internet connection.how can i update the driver so it can be compatible with the directx?
using directx 9.0c for now.256 Ati x1300 AGP slot,windows XP pro SP2.any suggestion? :?
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » April 28th, 2007, 12:54 pm

i know it sounds weird, but have you installed your mainboard's chipset drivers? i had a similar problem before, in addition of the agp being locked at 1x, i found out that windows does have drivers for most chipsets available, but theyR'e pretty limited. fire up your mainboard cd and check that first. then uninstall and reinstall your video card, that might solve the problem. you got nothing to lose anyway..
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 29th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Atvaark wrote:i know it sounds weird, but have you installed your mainboard's chipset drivers? i had a similar problem before, in addition of the agp being locked at 1x, i found out that windows does have drivers for most chipsets available, but theyR'e pretty limited. fire up your mainboard cd and check that first. then uninstall and reinstall your video card, that might solve the problem. you got nothing to lose anyway..

u mean theres a driver for motherbrother for using the graphic card?sry im still noob in this thing and u mean by install/uninstall the video card is remove/put back again?
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » April 29th, 2007, 10:14 pm

what i mean is, most of the time there's some agp video drivers on your cd. if those aren't installed, your mainboard is unable to exploit the full capacities of your videocard. and what i meant by removing and reinstalling, i just mean remove your video card drivers, then the software that went with it, then install your chipset drivers, and then re-install your videocard drivers.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » April 30th, 2007, 10:29 am

Yes, you need to figure out what your motherboard's make and model are, and download the correct chipset drivers. There are many chases the game will not funtion without any AGP port driver. Your chipset should be made my Intel, AMD, ATI, nVidia, SiS, or VIA (we are not talking about your ATi graphics card)... unless you got the odd ball ALi somewhere...

Please post your motherboard make and model, and we can help you track down drivers if you can't find them.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 30th, 2007, 5:21 pm

if there is problem at the AGP port,it still possible to play games such as Battle Of MiddleEarth II and CnC3-Tiberium Wars?
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » April 30th, 2007, 5:36 pm

Yes. You would do good to listen to the given advice. It is not guaranteed to solve your problems, but it is very likely it will.

Unread postby Atvaark » May 1st, 2007, 4:36 am

by the way, did you build your machine youself or had a friend do it for you? or id you buy one of those big brand machines like a dell or compaq?

in any case, you must have had a cd or two that came in with your machine, and if it's custom built, you have cd's for probably every parts of it. pop in your mainboard cd and most of the time, it's pretty much all automatic. And as of the games you mention, i'm not familiar with them, but they do require some decent graphic powers, huh? if your computer can't figure out how to use your video card, then you might as well play pong.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » May 1st, 2007, 4:02 pm

If the machine is a brand name machine, post the model here, and we can track down the drivers you need. If its a custom machine, find out the motherboard make and model by opening the case.

Or, you can get Sadra (click here) and use her to find out your motherboard and chipset details. Once you start her up, go to the hardware tab, then computer overview. Under that, you should be able to find out your motherboard and chipset details. Hit the second button in the bottom left that looks like a chart graph to copy those details to the chipboard, then paste them into the forum (use quote tags around it so we can tell it appart from your post!).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby WanderingShell » May 3rd, 2007, 6:27 pm

MSI K8MM-V
Chipset -VIA K8M800-CE Chipset+VIA VT8237R Chipset

jus curious,the ATI catalyst somehow shows at SMARTGART the AGP slot already put at 8x but on dxdiag its still hv problem.does the catalyst acts as a driver? or Directx 9.0c is not compatible with ATIX1300 lol?
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » May 4th, 2007, 2:22 am

i have an X1600 so i'm pretty sure it's compatible... alright, i'll look onto your chipset drivers when i get back from work tomorrow morning.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat