Melty Blood Act Cadenza B.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood Act Cadenza B.

Unread postby Requiem001 » April 16th, 2007, 2:01 am

Well apparently the PS2 version is being ported to the PC and I was wondering what the difference is between this and Re-ACT final was. I heard that Cadenza had White Ren as a playable character; would that be the only difference? Also would the patch work with Cadenza then?
Requiem001
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby marus » April 16th, 2007, 2:31 am

Where did you hear about this? Last time I checked there was just a bunch of rumors about Ecole considering it.

To briefly answer your question, Act Cadenza has Neko-Arc, Kouma, and non-glitchy Aoko as playable characters (VerB also has White Len), Circuit Spark (use your magic circuit to get out of a combo), some new stages, and you can hold down D to shield over a period of time, and some other small tweaks to balance the game.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby mir » April 16th, 2007, 3:33 am

Hmm I heard the same thing with http://blog.livedoor.jp/humanity6/archi ... l#20070412 put as a reference.

Unless people who can read jpn played a very cruel joke, it would appear the arcade verB is getting the port.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Requiem001 » April 16th, 2007, 9:48 am

It was on this site: http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/index.p ... e&Itemid=1

And thanks for the info.
Requiem001
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby marus » April 16th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Looks cool. Still not sure if I wanna spend more money on this, though the fact that it'll be on PC certainly makes it more tempting (assuming this isn't another mistake).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 17th, 2007, 5:43 pm

huh. i own the ps2 version of melty blood act cadenza. fun game, but are you saying there's a way of getting white len? she's so much more overpowered on the ps2 than on the pc...at least as an enemy...so...help? i wanna play her!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » April 17th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Right now the non-boss White Len is only playable on the updated version of Act Cadenza for the Arcade (now that I think about it, this PC version will be the 4th version Act Cadenza. This is starting to turn into the Guilty Gear XX series).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » April 17th, 2007, 7:48 pm

marus wrote:Right now the non-boss White Len is only playable on the updated version of Act Cadenza for the Arcade (now that I think about it, this PC version will be the 4th version Act Cadenza. This is starting to turn into the Guilty Gear XX series).

well, it's what happends to fighting games :P
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby mir » April 18th, 2007, 12:09 am

Atvaark wrote:huh. i own the ps2 version of melty blood act cadenza. fun game, but are you saying there's a way of getting white len? she's so much more overpowered on the ps2 than on the pc...at least as an enemy...so...help? i wanna play her!

You could download the PC demo. Granted it only has len and white len, but at least you can see how she will play once the port comes.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 18th, 2007, 6:34 am

i already use her in re-act on pc (double install along with final tuned. boss mod is funzor)
i like her style, and she ain't too overpowered, unless you count her air ice spike. (8/10th of your hp gone...just like that)
is it a sin to love Len?
i expect multiple answers to that one...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » April 18th, 2007, 8:21 am

Atvaark wrote:is it a sin to love Len?
i expect multiple answers to that one...

No and also no!

Although I'm pretty sure enough people would disagree on the both :]

I still have to play L/Ren. Wondering if I should buy the PS2 version or wait for the new PC version to play her O_O. Maybe just try her on the AC first :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby mir » April 18th, 2007, 8:30 am

Actually she's quite a bit different than the boss version in re-act. The boss one has more in common with regular Len than the white version I see in AC.

I still don't know what to make out of White Len though. Her a-spinning kick is troublesome, the 2CC is irritating to block, ice spikes and rising knees both ground and air....tons of fun. But the ground dash...that thing makes you dizzy so fast XD

In any case, grab the demo off the official site: http://e56.info/mbac/mbac.cgi?trial

edit: The answer is maybe <.<
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 18th, 2007, 12:32 pm

so there is newer version of melty blood,so there storyline will change too?
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » April 19th, 2007, 1:34 am

on the pc version of react, you can just do a separate install and use a third party patch to enable all bosses. lemme know if you want me to put it all in a zip file and rapidshare it...it's not even fair playing with any boss chars, but damn it's funny...giant akiha, neko arc, holy scripture ciel, aoko...and of course, white len...think there was more but i forgot.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » April 19th, 2007, 3:47 am

Actually you don't even need to do a separate install, just make two copies of the .exe, one for the original and one for bosses.

so there is newer version of melty blood,so there storyline will change too?

I'm guessing they're just going to use the same dialogue you see in the arcade version of AC. It'd be nice if they included the original story mode from ReACT, but it doesn't seem like they have any plans to do so.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby chocorush » April 19th, 2007, 5:08 am

Actually, it isn't the port of the ps2 version. It's the port of the current arcade revision. ps2 is ver. b1. the pc version is going to be ver. b2. I think white ren is generally considered one of the worst characters in the game, btw.
chocorush
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mir » April 19th, 2007, 7:21 am

chocorush wrote:I think white ren is generally considered one of the worst characters in the game, btw.

The thing I like about mb is that none of the characters are "just bad". No matter what you pick, it can perform and be at least competitive in most matchups.
Okay, one exception: neco arc. But that's only because she takes SO much damage...2 combos and you're out.

Uh, trailing off again. AC for PC...it's coming >.>
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 19th, 2007, 9:00 am

Atvaark wrote:on the pc version of react, you can just do a separate install and use a third party patch to enable all bosses. lemme know if you want me to put it all in a zip file and rapidshare it...it's not even fair playing with any boss chars, but damn it's funny...giant akiha, neko arc, holy scripture ciel, aoko...and of course, white len...think there was more but i forgot.

tat patch is for which version of ReACT?tat char can be unlocked with honest way? :lol:
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » April 20th, 2007, 4:36 am

i said patch? i meant a hack...lemme check real quick...2009a it needs. that's why you need a seperate install, since final tuned is 2501b or c... i heard though that some cd's come pre-patched to something higher though...anyway, clean install, just upgrade to 2009a then use the hack...boss fun.soo...need a link?
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » April 20th, 2007, 11:00 pm

i said patch? i meant a hack...lemme check real quick...2009a it needs. that's why you need a seperate install, since final tuned is 2501b or c... i heard though that some cd's come pre-patched to something higher though...anyway, clean install, just upgrade to 2009a then use the hack...boss fun.soo...need a link?

I have a boss patch for 2.501b, if you want it.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat