Melty Blood Act Cadenza B.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Silverman » August 4th, 2007, 4:36 am

marus wrote:My copy just came in today, and I'm quite impressed. I was afraid that it wouldn't have the polish that I expected from ReACT, but all the new additions were done quite well, though I'm not sure if I'll ever take the battle royal mode seriously. I just hope that this is the last version; as much as I like this game, I'm getting kinda tired of paying money for a game that's 5 years old (and yes, I know I could just not buy it, but... c'mon, it's Tsukihime).

Also, I'm not seeing the input problems you guys are seeing, with the jump cancel. Actually, a lot of the combos seem easier now, especially V. Akiha's 623 loop. I can even do that thing on Ciel and Arc now without trying, where before I had to concentrate to do it, and even then I messed up about half the time. It's almost not any fun anymore, since the timing's the same on everyone.

What's a Battle Royal mode?
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby zoop » August 4th, 2007, 7:12 am

Silverman wrote:What's a Battle Royal mode?

I think he means 2v2 :P. The game crashes and burns for me if I coerce it into having three or four teams. 1v3 apparently works though - just open the executable in your debugger of choice, nop the conditional jump at 0040843d and you're set to go. Rather painful experience however, if I say so myself.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby Hyperbeast » August 4th, 2007, 7:31 am

Ok, one problem I've been noticing, other than it being way harder to perform Arc Dives..
Remember how I originally complained of Melty Blood's input sticking?
This is doing that, but much worse. So damn hard to play when you're trying to do the opposite of what the game still thinks you're trying to do.

As for the 2v2 mode... It's hectic, and difficult. I think it would have been a better idea to have a switch button like in Guilty Gear Isuka rather than just facing whoever's closer.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Arlieth Tralare » August 5th, 2007, 5:35 am

Just so everyone knows, there's been some changes in the new 1.02 patch.

* Addition of Sudden Death mode for Team Play
* Addition of Win Quote for Team Play
* Fix for Intro Movie not showing on Full Screen mode
* Fix for Win Quote graphical glitch
* Defense Ratings adjusted! (Nekos get a lot more health)

Also, we've been working on a tool to list translated team names. Some liberties were taken with them and the whole list isn't complete yet, but it's a start!

The bottom two links will take you to Melty Bread pages (sorry about the linkspam), the top link is a direct download.

Download the patch
View the new Defense Ratings
Lookup Your Team Name URL is subject to change
Melty Bread - Tournament & Video Site for MB:AC.
http://www.meltybread.com
Arlieth Tralare
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Hyperbeast » August 5th, 2007, 6:20 am

Oh man, some of those team names made me laugh.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Arlieth Tralare » August 5th, 2007, 7:20 pm

Oh man, I just realized some of those names are off by one character. More work to do!
Arlieth Tralare
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Silverman » August 6th, 2007, 4:54 am

They missed the combination of 2 Nanaya Shiki.
How do you translate "Satsujinki"?
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby Arlieth Tralare » August 9th, 2007, 9:03 pm

"Shikiller".

Also, we're working on a wiki (wiki.meltybread.com) and it's got a listing of all the team names in Japanese + english (well some in English).

http://wiki.meltybread.com/index.php?n=Misc.TeamNames
Arlieth Tralare
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby mir » August 10th, 2007, 9:29 am

Arlieth is trying so hard. Give him a cookie people!
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raw » August 11th, 2007, 3:20 am

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?! ;) I remember when that joke was the best. Yeah, like 5 or 6 years ago i guess.
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Silverman » August 11th, 2007, 3:42 am

Arlieth Tralare wrote:"Shikiller".

Also, we're working on a wiki (wiki.meltybread.com) and it's got a listing of all the team names in Japanese + english (well some in English).

http://wiki.meltybread.com/index.php?n=Misc.TeamNames

Nice wiki, keep up the good work! :D
Silverman
Addict

Unread postby Cloud Nine » August 11th, 2007, 5:48 pm

For Melty Blood Act Cadenza, I was so glad they had the menu names in English =D
Otherwise I'd be guessing at it all, especially the multi item menus =D

Oh, About Neco-Arc, you can get Neco-Chaos Arc =D

Chaos Arc can use all his beasts, sooo weird =D
Cloud Nine
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Raw » August 12th, 2007, 10:02 pm

All i got to say... No story mode, dang. Nice one, really spoiled everything to me :(. Now i'm going to need 3 separate installs of all three versions of MB. The original that its needed for ReAct, ReAct, and Cadenza. Damn. Thats 3.14 GB.
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby mir » August 12th, 2007, 11:15 pm

:idea:
In other news, I figured out how to battle the 10-15sec black "loading" screens (as in loading screen would go away but round won't start for 10-15sec.) Just set mbac to realtime priority for cpu usage. No more loading screens!
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chetyre » August 13th, 2007, 1:17 am

doesn't setting priority for real time kinda really screws whatever else you are doing at the time? and I never had problem with loading...
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 13th, 2007, 1:52 am

changing task priority can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, it can do some weird stuff if you set the wrong tasks to higher priority. though, if you do put mbac to realtime then dont expect to do anything else while running it.
Last edited by Chronowraith on August 13th, 2007, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby mir » August 13th, 2007, 4:07 am

Well yeah, if you don't have a problem then don't bother. And naturally, I wouldn't expect to run 2 virus checks and encoding a movie with that setting on. Also, I haven't noticed any changes with how the system is behaving, probably because I don't run other background processes while playing =)
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 13th, 2007, 4:50 am

eh, i didn't even mean running that many extra stuff. I notice that many times if i change something to highest or realtime that the computer will become unusable to all other apps (including the shell). On a dual core i don't think this is so much of an issue, but single core machines don't like it :s.

(as a side note: i am a HUGE multi-tasker, rarely will i simply be playing a game, even an active one like mb so losing processing power to other procs makes me sad :p)

*also i edited my last post to fix a typo ("but" to "put")
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Chetyre » August 13th, 2007, 6:51 am

I'm a big multi-tasker too, I usually have like 5 things running at a single time on a normal day, when not doing anything special such as video encoding. I wish I knew how a dual core behaves with task priorities, anyone knows?
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Crafty_Shadow » August 13th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Hey, here to answer your question about multitasking on dualcore cpu, in this case core 2 duo. I have to say it's simply sweet ^_^ I can even encode XviD and play MBAC without feeling the slightest lag, though encoding h264 can only be done on low priority. And because of my work, I would often have Audition, Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop running all together, with the only real issue being memory. I needed 4GB in order to have them come to terms with each other ^_^

Now, about MBAC ver1.02 - Was it only me who noticed that the jump cancel is back?! Damn, I was literally jumping up and down the room when I saw that, not to mention that my original copy shipped the exactly same day. It goes without saying that I removed the cracked ver, and installed the original just for the feeling ^_^
Anyways, the jump cancel, and not only, the general improvement of control over the characters, to a level even higher than in ReACT really made my day, as the game is finally FUN again. And this is all that matters, right? A game is made to entertain you, not to make you curse over the slightest mistake in command input. I can finally feel the different balance the game offers, and I must say I shall probably change my main char from Tohno Shiki to either Ciel or Warc. ^^
Crafty_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat