Melty Blood Act Cadenza B.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Crafty_Shadow » July 25th, 2007, 4:06 pm

mir wrote:And it's surprising that you're in Bulgaria and buying the game at all. I lived there for quite a while and buying software was a no-no due to the huge costs compared to wages and such >.>

Well, I happen to work as a graphics designer, so I can afford it; but yeah, buying a $100 game is not something you normally do in my country;
Then again, I spend quite a bit on manga and anime related goods.

PS Wow, first person on the internet I know who has been in Bulgaria.
Crafty_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mir » July 25th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Crafty_Shadow wrote:
mir wrote:And it's surprising that you're in Bulgaria and buying the game at all. I lived there for quite a while and buying software was a no-no due to the huge costs compared to wages and such >.>

Well, I happen to work as a graphics designer, so I can afford it; but yeah, buying a $100 game is not something you normally do in my country;
Then again, I spend quite a bit on manga and anime related goods.

PS Wow, first person on the internet I know who has been in Bulgaria.

It's fine then. Both my uncles live there and I know for a fact something like...say a doctor's salary just can't suffice for such "extras". That said, MB and shipping comes to over 100$, which is a lot for a game even by U.S. standards. Darn jpn and their limited editions >.>
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby mir » July 27th, 2007, 10:40 am

My copy was shipped to me, will probably get it early next week. Oh and the first official patch for the game is out as well, you can download it off ecole's website: Patch v1.01
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » July 27th, 2007, 8:44 pm

Please refrain from mentioning torrents, etc. on the site. If you want to talk about that, do it elsewhere.

Your cooperation is appreciated.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Chetyre » July 27th, 2007, 8:52 pm

what is that patch supposed to do? the game is just out...
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby mir » July 27th, 2007, 9:58 pm

my guess is they noticed some bugs after the game was already in production. If this was a console release they'd be in some deep trouble. However, PC games can just be patched, which is also my guess to why we see mbac PC in the first place. Ecole must be pushing for those playing at home to be up to speed with the arcade versions.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Crafty_Shadow » July 27th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Ok, I have MAJOR problems with Act Cadenza for PC; the jump cancel doesn't seem to work O_O
Every attack has priority over movement, and I find this to be EXTREMELY hard to deal with. Simply adding one push into a ground combo starter results in the victim flying in the air, while you execute the full animation of your attack, and only then are able to jump. This is NOT right!
Crafty_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mir » July 29th, 2007, 4:29 am

Hmpf you mean something like this:

warcueid, 2B2C5C5B you're stuck doing the 5B and can't cancel out and have to complete the 5B?
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Crafty_Shadow » July 29th, 2007, 9:35 am

Exactly. And it is valid for other chars too.
Crafty_Shadow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mir » July 29th, 2007, 6:00 pm

I've noticed that too. I simply add the problematic input before my launcher: 5B2B2C5C jBC jBC+AD
Since you can use a move only once the game won't let you do the erroneous input =)

The real thing that bugs me is how 623 inputs are much more pronounced now. I was able to half-ass it in final tuned (press as I'm finishing the motion) and still get the move, but here I have to complete the 623 before pressing B/C in order to get my move. This will take quite a bit of adjusting =)
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby mir » July 31st, 2007, 4:04 am

Aaand 'tis here. Limited edition comes in a sturdy-looking box containing the game DVD (with the obligatory booklet) and a 2-disk soundtrack. The OST itself is nothing spectacular, basically you have all the AC background music on it, nothing more. A few good songs out of it, so not a total waste. I wish they had a booklet for it as well but they don't. What they do have is either a typo or bad grammar on the bottom right corner of the OST cover.

Overall, I say limited edition was money well spent. Any hope for arcade mode translation?
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Arlieth Tralare » July 31st, 2007, 4:12 am

I've been having the same problem too. It's pretty annoying until you get used to the new timing. Also, I think if you input anything during the 4-frame jump startup window, you cancel your jump and complete your input.
Arlieth Tralare
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Chetyre » July 31st, 2007, 8:30 am

so is there a reason you decided to put it next to your Shana figure? I've been wanting that one... you are evil
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Pfhor » July 31st, 2007, 6:53 pm

I noticed that I have much more trouble timing the launch attack into aerial combos in this version, especially for Aozoki (I HATE HER TIMING SO MUCH) and Hisui. For Miyako and Kohaku it seems pretty much the same as previous versions, I'm not really a pro MB player though.

Anyway I'm SO glad they released this on PC because the ps2 port is quite generally ugly as hell in comparison, and it doesn't sound near as good (it might be my shitty tv though). Also like the ability to patch as these kind of games tend to need them frequently.
Pfhor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mir » July 31st, 2007, 8:07 pm

Chetyre wrote:so is there a reason you decided to put it next to your Shana figure? I've been wanting that one... you are evil

Not really. I just didn't want to move 3 Ah! My Goddess! figigures + Shana for it. If you look closely, there's a Peorth behind the box and a Hild right on top of Shana.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Enerccio » August 1st, 2007, 8:29 pm

Do you guys know if there is netplay patch for it somewhere on the net?
(and also if RT will translate this game also (though you don't need to do much on it, just arcade and win texts)
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » August 2nd, 2007, 5:26 pm

I shat bricks.

Everyone's fear of Neko-Arc aside, that is the most awesome, most fun, most hilarious way to battle ever.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chetyre » August 2nd, 2007, 5:56 pm

neko-arc scares me
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby marus » August 2nd, 2007, 7:43 pm

My copy just came in today, and I'm quite impressed. I was afraid that it wouldn't have the polish that I expected from ReACT, but all the new additions were done quite well, though I'm not sure if I'll ever take the battle royal mode seriously. I just hope that this is the last version; as much as I like this game, I'm getting kinda tired of paying money for a game that's 5 years old (and yes, I know I could just not buy it, but... c'mon, it's Tsukihime).

Also, I'm not seeing the input problems you guys are seeing, with the jump cancel. Actually, a lot of the combos seem easier now, especially V. Akiha's 623 loop. I can even do that thing on Ciel and Arc now without trying, where before I had to concentrate to do it, and even then I messed up about half the time. It's almost not any fun anymore, since the timing's the same on everyone.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby mir » August 2nd, 2007, 11:58 pm

Oh yeah, the loop is easier once you get used to the timing, even if it does weird things from time to time, for me at least. Sometimes I get 4 hits on the initial 623B instead of 5 and they don't bounce as high, some charas neutral tech on the last hit of the 2nd 623B (perhaps I'm doing the 623B too fast?). Still, you're right-- much easier compared to Re-Act's timings. To compensate she lost some on her jC as it doesn't beat stuff as cleanly as before...but that's alright.
mir
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat